New Fox Helmet?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2019 11:01 AM

Notices on pit bits Roczen’s visor looked a bit different. I can’t really tell if the entire helmet is different, but the visor definitely looks new. It looks like it might actually have screws to hold it on too... who would’ve thought.

|

4/15/2019 11:12 AM

It's the old V3 (pre 2018) where the visor was still attached by screws. However, as far as I know something new is coming during the outdoors.

|

4/15/2019 11:19 AM

It's embarrassing to top rider ride without visor.. sure they needed to add screws to keep some credibility.

|

4/15/2019 12:25 PM

Is it just me or does it look like the top of the visor slides into the top of the helmet below the fox logo? It is sad to see Kenny and even Reed finish the race with no visor. Im sure fox would love a redo on the magnetic visor.

|

4/15/2019 12:59 PM

Yeah, seeing the visor fly off during the most minor tip over is definitely embarrassing. Not a bad idea, but not up to par yet.

|

4/15/2019 1:06 PM

The magnetic deal reminds me of those Apple laptop charging cords.. The magnet on the early versions was so strong that the soft silicon electrical wire would tear loose causing the charger to fail.

It's a really cool idea, but the initial execution fell short. Perhaps they'll try again with a re-design and better magnets?

|

4/15/2019 1:57 PM

cwtoyota wrote:

The magnetic deal reminds me of those Apple laptop charging cords.. The magnet on the early versions was so strong that the soft silicon electrical wire would tear loose causing the charger to fail.

It's a really cool idea, but the initial execution fell short. Perhaps they'll try again with a re-design and better magnets?

so what your saying is Fox needs to find the guys that designed the original apple charging port and apple needs to recruit the guys that designed fox's visor.

|

4/15/2019 2:33 PM

cwtoyota wrote:

motox331 wrote:

so what your saying is Fox needs to find the guys that designed the original apple charging port and apple needs to recruit the guys that designed fox's visor.

I definitely like the way you think!

|

4/15/2019 3:20 PM

cwtoyota wrote:

motox331 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

I definitely like the way you think!

Perfect!

|

4/15/2019 3:58 PM

New V3 comes out in May. Looks a lot like the current V1 with massive venting. Roczen is wearing the older V3 as said above. Any dealer will have the Fox catalog of 2020 stuff.

|

4/15/2019 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2019 5:13 PM

wrong spot.

|

4/16/2019 11:31 AM

Noticed a few things on Alessi too! Helmet has some different vents near the mouth piece, and screw on visor as well. I have seen all of the Fox 2020 helmets and none use screw on visors. The new V3 is sweet! Also check out Alessi running Scott Prospect goggles with a FOX strap. I love really looking in to the pics!
|

-Kyle Pesci
@killercustomz www.KCMX.net
#cheerprivateer

4/16/2019 12:37 PM

|

4/16/2019 5:22 PM

Killer Customz wrote:

Noticed a few things on Alessi too! Helmet has some different vents near the mouth piece, and screw on visor as well. I have seen all of the Fox 2020 helmets and none use screw on visors. The new V3 is sweet! Also check out Alessi running Scott Prospect goggles with a FOX strap. I love really looking in to the pics!

He was running Tech 10's at times instead of Instincts as well.

|

4/16/2019 5:49 PM

Wade221 wrote:

Wow, that thing looks crazy!

|

4/16/2019 8:49 PM

I'm also thinking they are coming out with a new line of gear soon. AC has posted a couple times on his story of him riding in all blacked out gear, which is Fox's MO for prototype stuff. Unless it's just leftover gear from when they were testing the flex air stuff.

|

4/16/2019 10:18 PM

Wade221 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

Seems Seely is dialed for outdoors..

|

4/16/2019 10:27 PM

m121c wrote:

I'm also thinking they are coming out with a new line of gear soon. AC has posted a couple times on his story of him riding in all blacked out gear, which is Fox's MO for prototype stuff. Unless it's just leftover gear from when they were testing the flex air stuff.

Could be the new all black Airline stuff.

|

4/16/2019 10:28 PM

m121c wrote:

dancolvin633 wrote:

|

4/17/2019 12:46 AM

i've seen the new v3 in person (the one Kenny is wearing testing at pala) and its pretty crazy, alot of cool tech in it and crazy venting.

|

4/17/2019 10:48 AM

Florian_Braatz wrote:

It's the old V3 (pre 2018) where the visor was still attached by screws. However, as far as I know something new is coming during the outdoors.

Go look at Honda’s Instagram story he’s wearing a new one kinda has some similarities to the alpinestars helmet

|

4/17/2019 11:10 AM

The new helmet is a Fly Formula. Fi..

|

4/17/2019 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2019 1:07 PM

Florian_Braatz wrote:

White_jake wrote:

Go look at Honda’s Instagram story he’s wearing a new one kinda has some similarities to the alpinestars helmet

He asked in regards to the pitbits picture. That is the old V3! As mentioned: A new one is coming in May... And yes that one was on Instagram yesterday...But no...I wouldn't consider it anywhere close to the SM8/SM10. Airflow will be on a whole nother level.

|

4/17/2019 12:57 PM

m121c wrote:

dancolvin633 wrote:

Well that's embarrassing.

Ya you are probably right there, I guess the logos being reflective made it seem like their prototype stuff, because I did not notice them. Would make sense, their gear lines are relatively new, didn't see why they would be pushing a new gear.

KRocs helmet is looking pretty sweet as of now for just a grainy Instagram story. Been contemplating between a new 6D or Fly Formula but might just wait on this new fox helmet and see what it's all about.

|

4/17/2019 2:10 PM

Wade221 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

tek14 wrote:

Seely had the whole crew focusing on him on Monday, Tuesday was Kenny's turn.

|

4/17/2019 2:26 PM

ML512 wrote:

Is that really how it works? They’re kinda alternate which rider they focus more on?

|

4/17/2019 2:31 PM

tek14 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Csb146 wrote:

Is that really how it works? They’re kinda alternate which rider they focus more on?

Ken wasn't there on Monday, so the crew focused on Seely's testing and some stuff they tried with Canard. But to say by one photo that they only focused on Kenny wouldn't be accurate. But if I had to guess, they probably paid a bit more attention towards his needs since Cole had a full day with the team the day before.

|

4/17/2019 2:45 PM

Wait til you see what they're wearing in Vegas

|

Shop Local-Free Shipping www.glenssportcenter.com

4/17/2019 3:11 PM

muGz.147 wrote:

I’m losing my mind over the Vegas setup, literally losing my mind... Been waiting a long time for them to do this setup.

|

4/17/2019 3:27 PM

muGz.147 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I’m losing my mind over the Vegas setup, literally losing my mind... Been waiting a long time for them to do this setup.

96 MC throwback???

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals