New Fox Helm?

NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2019 10:21am
Is Fox coming out with an update on the V3 or possibly a new one? Looks like a narrower mouth piece and smaller/better looking vents.

|
Speaksy
8/17/2019 2:54am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2019 5:52am
Any word on why Roczen is wearing the V2? Is it his preference or just a marketing exercise by fox to sell more mid level helmets? Personally I think the V2 looks better than the V3.
Motofinne
8/17/2019 3:44am
Speaksy wrote:
Any word on why Roczen is wearing the V2? Is it his preference or just a marketing exercise by fox to sell more mid level helmets...
Any word on why Roczen is wearing the V2? Is it his preference or just a marketing exercise by fox to sell more mid level helmets? Personally I think the V2 looks better than the V3.
The weird thing is that Roczen used the old V2 for years in GPs and some years in US too.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
8/17/2019 3:59am
JackLHyde wrote:
Roczen is wearing the V2.
Thanks. Didn't even know they came out with a new V2. Blush

The Shop

austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
8/20/2019 8:19am
Speaksy wrote:
Any word on why Roczen is wearing the V2? Is it his preference or just a marketing exercise by fox to sell more mid level helmets...
I'm really curious to know the answer to this. After Roczen's first big crash is 2017, he posted a PSA to helmet companies on Instagram to provide riders with top quality helmets. You would think he would be committed to wearing the best helmet Fox offers. Maybe he has enough faith in the quality of the V2 that he's trying to prove a good helmet doesn't need to be $500? Or maybe he doesn't like the fit of the new V3 (it fits much differently than the old one)? The new V2 looks very similar to the previous V3, so maybe it's preferential.
8/20/2019 8:21am
I noticed this too. Maybe FOX are updating the V2 possibly staying with the MIPS system? I'm not too sure about the FI system I don't know enough about it to give it a try. The V2 is in desperate need of an update because it's the only one that hasnt been changed.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2019 8:22am
I noticed this too. Maybe FOX are updating the V2 possibly staying with the MIPS system? I'm not too sure about the FI system I don't...
I noticed this too. Maybe FOX are updating the V2 possibly staying with the MIPS system? I'm not too sure about the FI system I don't know enough about it to give it a try. The V2 is in desperate need of an update because it's the only one that hasnt been changed.
Fox already released the updated V2 and it has Fluid Inside. It was released about two weeks ago.
8/20/2019 8:25am
I noticed this too. Maybe FOX are updating the V2 possibly staying with the MIPS system? I'm not too sure about the FI system I don't...
ML512 wrote:
Fox already released the updated V2 and it has Fluid Inside. It was released about two weeks ago.
I actually just seen it, totally missed the PR on that one.
Crush
8/20/2019 8:32am
Didn't a similar thing happen with the V4? Dungey/Ken/Chad all wore it for a bit and then were back to the V3 after a while?
Mr. Afterbar
8/20/2019 8:44am
Maybe Ken dosen't like the V3. The chin vent might as well be a dirt funnel to your mouth. I've heard a couple people mention that they aren't too fond of their new V3.
8/20/2019 8:46am
ML512 wrote:
Why would he run the V2? What’s the advantage?
austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
8/20/2019 8:56am
Maybe Ken dosen't like the V3. The chin vent might as well be a dirt funnel to your mouth. I've heard a couple people mention that...
Maybe Ken dosen't like the V3. The chin vent might as well be a dirt funnel to your mouth. I've heard a couple people mention that they aren't too fond of their new V3.
The production models actually have foam behind the plastic mesh to prevent dirt from coming through. However, it seems that for whatever reason, most of the pros remove this foam.

Here's a look at the old V3 vs the new V2. To me, they looks very similar.

psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
8/20/2019 10:13am
JackLHyde wrote:
Roczen is wearing the V2.
Based on just the looks, i don't blame him. I can't stand the look of the V3. Sick
Snapper
8/20/2019 10:19am
Crush wrote:
Didn't a similar thing happen with the V4? Dungey/Ken/Chad all wore it for a bit and then were back to the V3 after a while?
Fox dropped the V4 from the line up cause they felt they had too many options.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2019 10:21am
Crush wrote:
Naw, kind of the opposite. They discontinued the V3 (two generation ago model) and brought out the V4. The riders loved the fit of it and then Fox dropped a new V3. A few of their top guys (Ken being one of them) preferred the V4 and stayed in them as long as possible. When Fox discontinued the V4, some of their guys took as long as possible to switch.

With the new V2, Ken’s reason for wearing it might be purely down to fit.
8/20/2019 10:35am
Crush wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Naw, kind of the opposite. They discontinued the V3 (two generation ago model) and brought out the V4. The riders loved the fit of it and...
Naw, kind of the opposite. They discontinued the V3 (two generation ago model) and brought out the V4. The riders loved the fit of it and then Fox dropped a new V3. A few of their top guys (Ken being one of them) preferred the V4 and stayed in them as long as possible. When Fox discontinued the V4, some of their guys took as long as possible to switch.

With the new V2, Ken’s reason for wearing it might be purely down to fit.
Don't their top athletes get a custom fitted helmet? I'd think it's pretty important that they feel comfortable with the gear they're wearing.
WW444
8/20/2019 1:17pm
Isn't there a pretty big thread on this already?

Post a reply to: New Fox Helm?

The Latest