New Changes To Supercross??

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2017 7:21 AM

Does anyone know what Daniel Blair on the Main Event Moto Podcast was talking about when he said there were changes coming to supercross for the 18 season? He mentioned something was being added and not taken away. My first reaction was no more semi races, but that is taking away so that inst it.

The other one that i was thinking of of maybe one or two more east vs west 250 races. Does anyone have any more clues or actually know what is going to happen?

|

8/25/2017 7:28 AM

I hope its a 125 class, but we all know its not. maybe 250 semis or a supermain type event with the top 10 from each class.

Or maybe they'll finally start paying the 250 riders a half decent purse.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R


8/25/2017 7:28 AM

I would guess more main events (multiple per round), but that is a complete guess on my part.

I love mx and sx.

If any part of the talk of SX only happens, I would certainly hope that they would have more rounds like Daytona, or the Charlotte GP. SX is nice, it's better than nothing, but MX is where it is at for me. So if they ever make the SX only switch for any reason, I think it would be good to have 5-10 rounds that have more of an "mx" feel to them.

|

8/25/2017 7:34 AM

Less rock concert music volume and more actual race announcing instead of screaming?

|

8/25/2017 7:39 AM

I think what ever they do will include having the main players out in front of the crowd more times.

|

8/25/2017 7:46 AM

3 main events...like MEC

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/25/2017 8:02 AM

dsmith wrote:

3 main events...like MEC

That'd be my guess.

I'd imagine the heat/semi setup will go back to heats?

|

8/25/2017 8:04 AM

It will probably be something like 3 monster girls instead of 5

|

8/25/2017 8:05 AM

dsmith wrote:

3 main events...like MEC

Please baby Jesus

|

8/25/2017 8:11 AM

Hope it is not "the chase" style format from AX and Nascar...

|

8/25/2017 8:13 AM

Don't worry it will be announced a couple weeks before Anaheim so everyone has plenty of time to adjust.

|

8/25/2017 8:41 AM

More fire and fat suit races

|

8/25/2017 9:11 AM

MudPup545 wrote:

Less rock concert music volume and more actual race announcing instead of screaming?

My sources are telling me that instead of singers, Lurch is going to scream the National Anthem at all of the races.

|

8/25/2017 9:18 AM

Hopefully they hired the wheelie wizard full time to wheelie that pitbike around the track during the main event. You know, since sx is turning into a circus and all.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

8/25/2017 9:25 AM

Aldon is going to randomly going to pick someone from the crowd at A1 and make him a champion by the end of the season

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

8/25/2017 9:28 AM

They are gonna time the races now.....

|

8/25/2017 10:06 AM

I hear they are knocking it down to a 10 race series

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/25/2017 10:17 AM

MudPup545 wrote:

Less rock concert music volume and more actual race announcing instead of screaming?

This would be a huge +, the dude yelling before the gate drop has jumped the sharks long ago.
The gate drop is hype enough

|

8/25/2017 10:18 AM

Probably a joker lane. Let's hope not.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

8/25/2017 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 10:20 AM

MudPup545 wrote:

Less rock concert music volume and more actual race announcing instead of screaming?

Old-Man wrote:

This would be a huge +, the dude yelling before the gate drop has jumped the sharks long ago.
The gate drop is hype enough

You guys are talking about Sam Kenisin right? Photo

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

8/25/2017 10:24 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Hopefully they hired the wheelie wizard full time to wheelie that pitbike around the track during the main event. You know, since sx is turning into a circus and all.

Doug Domokos was the shit back in the 80's.


Photo

|

8/25/2017 11:49 AM

bh84 wrote:

I hope its a 125 class, but we all know its not. maybe 250 semis or a supermain type event with the top 10 from each class.

Or maybe they'll finally start paying the 250 riders a half decent purse.

Of the two, a 125 class will probably happen first.

|

8/25/2017 12:11 PM

I remember hearing something about more East/West combined races, don't quote me on that, though.

|

8/25/2017 12:17 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

Hopefully they hired the wheelie wizard full time to wheelie that pitbike around the track during the main event. You know, since sx is turning into a circus and all.

Old-Man wrote:

Doug Domokos was the shit back in the 80's.


Photo

I love me some Doug.

|

8/25/2017 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 3:47 PM

New wardrobe for Lurch:

Photo

And for Jenny:

Photo


|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

8/25/2017 2:48 PM

The only thing they should do is pay points in the qualifiers and then invert starting gate order for main event. I've been beating this for years.

My guess whatever they change will have zero effect with the on track racing, which has been the problem for many years.

|

8/25/2017 2:52 PM

TXDirt wrote:

The only thing they should do is pay points in the qualifiers and then invert starting gate order for main event. I've been beating this for years.

My guess whatever they change will have zero effect with the on track racing, which has been the problem for many years.

Actually a very good idea, it gives the little guy a fighting chance and a reason for the top guys to not sandbag. I like it.

|

8/25/2017 3:19 PM

This is the pinnacle of the sport that is croaking. Why should they change? (sarcasm)

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/25/2017 5:04 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

I remember hearing something about more East/West combined races, don't quote me on that, though.

They need a way to keep the regional titles but at the same time have them racing more then 1 main together at the end of the season. I would say Anaheim 1 all race together but I think that screws any injured riders looking to race East for extra time to heal, so maybe all racers race the first East Coast race together, midway threw East sx have another round with then all together n then Vegas as usual. Maybe make a 3rd title for the best rider for those combined races. Oh and more money, we all want more money. Especially since the owner of feld is a trillionaire!

|

8/25/2017 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 5:51 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

I remember hearing something about more East/West combined races, don't quote me on that, though.

Jeff alessi wrote:

They need a way to keep the regional titles but at the same time have them racing more then 1 main together at the end of the season. I would say Anaheim 1 all race together but I think that screws any injured riders looking to race East for extra time to heal, so maybe all racers race the first East Coast race together, midway threw East sx have another round with then all together n then Vegas as usual. Maybe make a 3rd title for the best rider for those combined races. Oh and more money, we all want more money. Especially since the owner of feld is a trillionaire!

More money is a biggie, and I agree. As a fan, I feel those that make the highest echelon should get paid more. As it was pointed out on the Pulpmx show, MX is a very tough place right now money wise. It hurts that so much riding area has been lost, so that means fewer new riders, ie, fewer new fans to the sport.

I like Jeff's take on combined races, how about the first combined race being one of the last West races and the first East race then, of course, having the final EAST and WEST race happen together is the best way to do it. There was one season where there were three 250 races in Vegas, the East final, West final and then the East/West shootout and that was pretty bad. The two champions did not care about the shootout and if I recall I think one even skipped it.

|