New Bike For 2020

Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 3:05pm
Hi all,

Been riding for 15 years and new to the VitalMX Forum... unfortunately had recently lost my 2018 Husqvarna FE350 dual sport up in the wilderness after an incident... I'm looking to get a new bike for the new year to start a fresh build, and curious on what the best options would be for someone who lives in California and is looking for a green sticker, LOL. I'm in the Santa Clarita area and Gorman cops are nasty aholes.

5'8.5" @ 140lbs and thin build. I do a lot of hardcore enduro, trails, and large gapped jumps. Just don't want another street legal, as I spent nasty $$$ turning it into a race bike.

TIA! - Jordyn
|
TeamGreen
12/26/2019 1:29pm
The new 2020 FE350 is an excellent bike.
12/26/2019 1:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yeah I loved my 18' FE350... so much money went into it turning it into the ultimate motocross bike. Just had that I was paying insurance on something I would never take on the road.
agn5009
12/26/2019 1:45pm
I dont know anything about green stickers but any 300 is great for hard enduro, trails, harescrambles etc. Choose between a Husky, KTM, Beta or Sherco. For faster paced riding I'd go with a 350 but your mention of hard enduro will make almost anyone tell you to go with a 300.
agn5009
12/26/2019 1:47pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yeah I loved my 18' FE350... so much money went into it turning it into the ultimate motocross bike. Just had that I was paying insurance...
Yeah I loved my 18' FE350... so much money went into it turning it into the ultimate motocross bike. Just had that I was paying insurance on something I would never take on the road.
If you want a motocross bike then get a motocross bike. Turning any enduro bike into a motocross bike will be a large task and not worthwhile.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/26/2019 2:16pm
Are you riding enough trails during summer to justify needing a green sticker bike? I know I’m sure as hell not.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/26/2019 2:16pm
Hi all, Been riding for 15 years and new to the VitalMX Forum... unfortunately had recently lost my 2018 Husqvarna FE350 dual sport up in the...
Hi all,

Been riding for 15 years and new to the VitalMX Forum... unfortunately had recently lost my 2018 Husqvarna FE350 dual sport up in the wilderness after an incident... I'm looking to get a new bike for the new year to start a fresh build, and curious on what the best options would be for someone who lives in California and is looking for a green sticker, LOL. I'm in the Santa Clarita area and Gorman cops are nasty aholes.

5'8.5" @ 140lbs and thin build. I do a lot of hardcore enduro, trails, and large gapped jumps. Just don't want another street legal, as I spent nasty $$$ turning it into a race bike.

TIA! - Jordyn
Did you “lose” it up in the Piutes ?
I heard there were a couple bikes that got “LOST” up there and there was a reward to retrieve them ?

I’m in Santa Clarita, lots of riding out the back door. But even more a little north. Wink
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/26/2019 2:17pm
Hi all, Been riding for 15 years and new to the VitalMX Forum... unfortunately had recently lost my 2018 Husqvarna FE350 dual sport up in the...
Hi all,

TIA! - Jordyn
langhammx wrote:
Did you “lose” it up in the Piutes ? I heard there were a couple bikes that got “LOST” up there and there was a reward...
I heard there were a couple bikes that got “LOST” up there and there was a reward to retrieve them ?

I’m in Santa Clarita, lots of riding out the back door. But even more a little north. Wink
Uh oh. Doesn’t sound good
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/26/2019 2:19pm
Hi all,

TIA! - Jordyn
langhammx wrote:
Did you “lose” it up in the Piutes ? I heard there were a couple bikes that got “LOST” up there and there was a reward...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
It wasn’t good at all ! Nobody died, so that’s good ...
agn5009
12/26/2019 4:50pm
langhammx wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
It wasn’t good at all ! Nobody died, so that’s good ...
Well let's hear the story Laughing
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
12/26/2019 7:39pm
Hi all,

TIA! - Jordyn
langhammx wrote:

Is this your bike? Whistling

b_kowalsk
12/26/2019 8:42pm
You have me intrigued about this "incident" . Tell us more.
TeamGreen
12/26/2019 9:34pm
Yo, Video Joe...
That looks like a Swedish Barbecue gone wrong!
12/27/2019 2:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yeah I loved my 18' FE350... so much money went into it turning it into the ultimate motocross bike. Just had that I was paying insurance...
agn5009 wrote:
If you want a motocross bike then get a motocross bike. Turning any enduro bike into a motocross bike will be a large task and not...
If you want a motocross bike then get a motocross bike. Turning any enduro bike into a motocross bike will be a large task and not worthwhile.
Only reason was because I needed a green sticker bike.. was worth the 2 g's for me to turn it into a great MX bike and never have to worry about stickers.
12/27/2019 2:52pm
Hi all,

TIA! - Jordyn
langhammx wrote:

I'm in Santa Clarita as well!

I lost it up in the los pinos wilderness. Heat soak ruined the battery, and was fucked from there.
12/27/2019 2:59pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
Made it 30 miles of a 50 mile enduro excursion. Heat soak happened... tried to 2nd gear bump start it before there was just flat land. Ruined the battery trying to start it. At this point, no cell service and no food and I was in the middle of straight wilderness lol. Worked on the bike for an hour or so... sun started to fall so I cut the loss and started walking. Was already quite exhausted and injured as it was extreme enduro (like the crazy shit you see on youtube). I was probably 9-10,000 feet above sea level as well..

5% on cell phone, so I SOS'd after I couldn't walk anymore. Probably walked 6 miles in MX boots, ouch. Gave coordinates and was rescued by a helicopter and a 7 man search and rescue team that hiked 25 miles to me. Slept on the ground in mid 20 degree weather for 6 hours until I saw the flicker of lights on the mountains at 3am.

Turns out the maps at camp were wrong... but since I was in survival mode with no food or water left, I started to just follow the river. Was more traumatizing than it seems. Especially since I was with some pretty bad company and he just blamed me for everything anyways. As if i could control a dead battery on a bike.
12/27/2019 3:00pm
Hi all,

TIA! - Jordyn
langhammx wrote:

Is this your bike? :whistle: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/26/394355/s1200_D32A020A_A341_4474_A8FA_684EFD68F0C0.jpg[/img]
Is this your bike? Whistling

Bahahaha! Needed the good laugh!
jeffro503
12/27/2019 3:23pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
Made it 30 miles of a 50 mile enduro excursion. Heat soak happened... tried to 2nd gear bump start it before there was just flat land...
Made it 30 miles of a 50 mile enduro excursion. Heat soak happened... tried to 2nd gear bump start it before there was just flat land. Ruined the battery trying to start it. At this point, no cell service and no food and I was in the middle of straight wilderness lol. Worked on the bike for an hour or so... sun started to fall so I cut the loss and started walking. Was already quite exhausted and injured as it was extreme enduro (like the crazy shit you see on youtube). I was probably 9-10,000 feet above sea level as well..

5% on cell phone, so I SOS'd after I couldn't walk anymore. Probably walked 6 miles in MX boots, ouch. Gave coordinates and was rescued by a helicopter and a 7 man search and rescue team that hiked 25 miles to me. Slept on the ground in mid 20 degree weather for 6 hours until I saw the flicker of lights on the mountains at 3am.

Turns out the maps at camp were wrong... but since I was in survival mode with no food or water left, I started to just follow the river. Was more traumatizing than it seems. Especially since I was with some pretty bad company and he just blamed me for everything anyways. As if i could control a dead battery on a bike.
Uuhgg!.....God damn it! That definitely sounds like a rough deal indeed. I'm sorry to hear you lost your bike , but the main thing is that you got out of it still alive. That's a scary situation. I'm a track guy only really , so it's tough for me to fathom this. My only advice would be to totally up your game on a satellite phone of some type and stick with at least one buddy when doing rides like this. Again , happy to hear you are ok. Screw the bike.....one's health is more important.
12/27/2019 3:53pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
Made it 30 miles of a 50 mile enduro excursion. Heat soak happened... tried to 2nd gear bump start it before there was just flat land...

jeffro503 wrote:
Uuhgg!.....God damn it! That definitely sounds like a rough deal indeed. I'm sorry to hear you lost your bike , but the main thing is that...
Uuhgg!.....God damn it! That definitely sounds like a rough deal indeed. I'm sorry to hear you lost your bike , but the main thing is that you got out of it still alive. That's a scary situation. I'm a track guy only really , so it's tough for me to fathom this. My only advice would be to totally up your game on a satellite phone of some type and stick with at least one buddy when doing rides like this. Again , happy to hear you are ok. Screw the bike.....one's health is more important.
Same here! It was wild indeed, now it's just a good story to tell. Next time I plan on doing anything like that, I probably would choose my company more wisely. It was a boyfriend at the time, who left me and told me "keep walking I'll meet you at camp". Three weeks later after that incident we split LOL. This was maybe a month or so ago!

I was so dehydrated that when I arrived in the emergency unit, I had 5 bags of IV fluids. lmao! Needless to say I will never try to accomplish that double black diamond trail again... unless it was a minimum pack of 5 riders. haha
Xeno
12/27/2019 4:37pm
I carry a satellite tracking/messaging device during offroad rides. Look into the Garmin InReach. A real life-saver.
JBernard_401
12/27/2019 4:43pm
Same here! It was wild indeed, now it's just a good story to tell. Next time I plan on doing anything like that, I probably would...
Same here! It was wild indeed, now it's just a good story to tell. Next time I plan on doing anything like that, I probably would choose my company more wisely. It was a boyfriend at the time, who left me and told me "keep walking I'll meet you at camp". Three weeks later after that incident we split LOL. This was maybe a month or so ago!

I was so dehydrated that when I arrived in the emergency unit, I had 5 bags of IV fluids. lmao! Needless to say I will never try to accomplish that double black diamond trail again... unless it was a minimum pack of 5 riders. haha
Is that really your bike in the picture above? Looks like someone has been scavenging parts/caught it on fire? Glad to hear you made it out that's a wild story for sure!
12/27/2019 4:53pm
Xeno wrote:
I carry a satellite tracking/messaging device during offroad rides. Look into the Garmin InReach. A real life-saver.
Looking into that ASAP. That would have been a life savior if something worse happened.
12/27/2019 4:53pm
Same here! It was wild indeed, now it's just a good story to tell. Next time I plan on doing anything like that, I probably would...

Is that really your bike in the picture above? Looks like someone has been scavenging parts/caught it on fire? Glad to hear you made it out...
Is that really your bike in the picture above? Looks like someone has been scavenging parts/caught it on fire? Glad to hear you made it out that's a wild story for sure!
Not my bike! Just a funny laugh! However on the trail I went on, there was hundreds of bike pegs, plastics, tubes, etc. that trail took bike lives Hahahaha
lumpy790
12/29/2019 12:07pm
I would call that a GOOD Day since you did not end up a lot worse.
JohnnyD13
12/29/2019 12:16pm
That’s crazy! Good story for sure. I guess there’s no way to retrieve it? Glad you’re ok.
Chance1216
12/29/2019 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 12:38pm

Is that really your bike in the picture above? Looks like someone has been scavenging parts/caught it on fire? Glad to hear you made it out...
Not my bike! Just a funny laugh! However on the trail I went on, there was hundreds of bike pegs, plastics, tubes, etc. that trail took...
Not my bike! Just a funny laugh! However on the trail I went on, there was hundreds of bike pegs, plastics, tubes, etc. that trail took bike lives Hahahaha
That should've been a sign seeing all the carnage. I've left places after pulling up and seeing broken car window glass in the lot. Sounds like your ex should've been the one left up there. Glad you made it out ok. One thing I've always carried in my fender bag is a magnesium fire starter. Although I've never used it, it's there if I need it.
12/29/2019 12:59pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
That’s crazy! Good story for sure. I guess there’s no way to retrieve it? Glad you’re ok.
At this point, I took the insurance hit and called the loss. Time for a new start anyways. Smile
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
12/29/2019 1:01pm
I do enduro and motocross with my Husky txi 300. The fuel injection has been great for the altitude changes. I have a light kit now from Sicass Racing so I can easily go between moto and enduro style riding. But if your doing moto track more then 50% of the time, I would say get the 4 stroke again.

Best mods/bang for your buck for a 2 stroke are RK-TEK head https://2strokeheads.com/ and Rekluse
https://rekluse.com/ then its just what armor and tires/tubliss you want to run.

12/29/2019 1:03pm
Not my bike! Just a funny laugh! However on the trail I went on, there was hundreds of bike pegs, plastics, tubes, etc. that trail took...
Chance1216 wrote:
That should've been a sign seeing all the carnage. I've left places after pulling up and seeing broken car window glass in the lot. Sounds like...
That should've been a sign seeing all the carnage. I've left places after pulling up and seeing broken car window glass in the lot. Sounds like your ex should've been the one left up there. Glad you made it out ok. One thing I've always carried in my fender bag is a magnesium fire starter. Although I've never used it, it's there if I need it.
He should have, lol! Instead, we split and he lost out on the life with a "beauty and brains" type of girl LOL. His 6 months of riding couldn't compare to my 15 years on-and-off experience anyways. Glad I made it out alright too! It was my fault anyways... I had just did a big camping/enduro trip to Kennedy Meadows for two days, a few days before this trip. So I had emptied my backpack and left all the usuals (food, matches, flint, flare gun, phone charger, etc) in the truck. I also only ate a small smackers pb&j before riding bahahaha. My fault indeed, but you live and you learn!

Tongue

Post a reply to: New Bike For 2020

The Latest