New Bike Crate Damage - Update #2 w/ Pics

Donovan759
10/11/2018 7:25am
I've been following this thread since the beginning without really saying much. I'm glad it all worked out for the OP. I'm honestly surprised that the dealer even accepted delivery of that bike.
40acres
10/11/2018 7:38am
Donovan759 wrote:
I've been following this thread since the beginning without really saying much. I'm glad it all worked out for the OP. I'm honestly surprised that the...
I've been following this thread since the beginning without really saying much. I'm glad it all worked out for the OP. I'm honestly surprised that the dealer even accepted delivery of that bike.
As crazy as it sounds, they can't refuse it. They have to accept it, inspect it upon unloading and report any damage to start the warranty/repair process. The VIN is already tied to that dealer and refusing the shipment would set off a series of events that would probably mean said dealer would not receive a replacement until the next order period.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/11/2018 7:39am
It’s been a crazy week around here but I wanted to provide people with an update to this situation. The dealer ended up calling me that...
It’s been a crazy week around here but I wanted to provide people with an update to this situation.

The dealer ended up calling me that Thursday afternoon (I was notified about the damage on Tuesday) to inform me that one of the other two buyers for the other bikes had backed out. So, an unmolested unit could be ready for pick-up the next day. Naturally, I jumped all over it. However, after speaking with the dealer and through conversations with folks who have experienced similar events as well as posts in this thread, I truly believe this a not a rare occurrence whatsoever. I’m sure there’s guys posting in this topic who have bikes in their garage that were purchased new that were repaired, unbeknownst to them, before they ever took possession.

In hindsight, I’m not sure what I would’ve done had the dealer not offered me this different bike. I surely would’ve drove down to inspect the damage first hand prior to the commencement of any repairs if I was actually considering accepting the bike. I also believe the severity of the damage to the bike is being exaggerated here to a degree. A lot is being inferred due to the condition of the crate. The angle of the picture may be giving the illusion of disproportion of parts as well. I guess we’ll really never know. One thing I do know is that my salesman was completely honest and entirely forthright through all this and has definitely earned my trust. I will certainly start my future new bike searches at his dealership. Doesn’t’ hurt that they have the offer the best pricing as well - $7439 OTD for what I think may be one of the first Honda ’19 250s in New England.

Glad it worked out OP!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/11/2018 7:55am
Dam, that’s a great price. It would be hard to turn down that offer. Enjoy the bike! You got it before the media event tested it

The Shop

10/11/2018 8:58am
I appreciate the well wishes, fellas.

For those requesting the dealer’s name, please PM for the info. While I view the evidence here to shed the dealership in a positive light, I’m not convinced everyone else does.
10/11/2018 9:04am
Dam, that’s a great price. It would be hard to turn down that offer. Enjoy the bike! You got it before the media event tested it
Right…and much to my chagrin.

I’ve had this bike in my crosshairs for some time, but I was hoping to get some feedback from testers before I went all in and ditched my 250SXF for it. Even just a few initial ride reports to see if the improvements over the ’18 were at all effective. I guess I can decide for myself now.Wink

Post a reply to: New Bike Crate Damage - Update #2 w/ Pics

The Latest