New Bike!!

Racer111
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:35pm
I am HUGE motocross/Supercross fan, but in the last year I have gotten in to the sport of Triathlon. I watched videos of David Bailey doing the Ironman World Championships in Kona,Hawaii and just got motivated to go and try it. I trained and did my first triathlon this past September. I have been cycling and running for MX conditioning for years so just getting aquainted with the water was all I had to do.. I am signed up and registered for 5 triathlons this year. I am doing 2 Olympic distance triathlons (mile swim, 24.8 mile bike, 10K run) 2 Half Ironmans (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run) and one full Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run) I am down in Florida training at the National Training Center in Clermont,FL and having a blast. I live in Zephyrhills,FL. I am only about 30 minutes from JS7's house, maybe I'll see him out riding sometime! lol Anyway, I got my new Triathlon bike the other day and professionally fit by a RETUL fitter to get me as aerodynamic as possible. People want to complain about the price of 4 strokes, but this BICYCLE cost me 8,900.00 dollars!!! lol However, it's an amazing machine!!! Since I have been training, my fitness on the MX track is better than I ever thought. 45 minute motos are nothing anymore. My endurance is off the charts. Looking forward to racing both MX and triathlons this year.

|
Racer111
1/28/2011 8:10am
But does it have traction control, or can you tell us?Wink
I COULD tell you, but then I would have to......Well, you know!! Tongue
SH_105
1/28/2011 8:12am
That thing is sweet!!! I've got the cycling bug again and have been putting in on average 100+ miles a week. At least I will know I didn't lose any leg strength when I get back on the dirt bike soon! I watched the show on the Ironman, WOW!! Any person who just finsihes that race is a bad mother*&^%$#... Insane to see how many go over and attempt that race, but its pretty inspiring as well! Good luck on your training man and if you're ever in Cali look me up, I will go pedal with you

The Shop

Racer111
1/28/2011 8:13am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2011 8:13am
Btw, this is a Trek Speed Concept 9.9! It is the same bike Lance Armstrong uses and helped develop for his time trials! It is the most aerodynamic bike on the market today! "FASTEST BIKE ON THE PLANET"!! lol
Racer111
1/28/2011 8:19am
SH_105 wrote:
That thing is sweet!!! I've got the cycling bug again and have been putting in on average 100+ miles a week. At least I will know...
That thing is sweet!!! I've got the cycling bug again and have been putting in on average 100+ miles a week. At least I will know I didn't lose any leg strength when I get back on the dirt bike soon! I watched the show on the Ironman, WOW!! Any person who just finsihes that race is a bad mother*&^%$#... Insane to see how many go over and attempt that race, but its pretty inspiring as well! Good luck on your training man and if you're ever in Cali look me up, I will go pedal with you

Sean, it would be a honor and privelage to ride with you!!

As of right now, I am putting in 250-300 miles a week on the bike, 40-50 miles of running, and 15,000-20,000 yards a week in the pool!

Thanks for the reply! And yes, the Big Island is calling my name. You have to qualify for that race by being a top finisher at one one of the Ironman 140.6 races around the world. I am racing Ironman Louisville,KY on August 28th. My goal is 9 hours and 15 minutes!!
newmann
1/28/2011 8:22am
That thing just oozes trickness. Looks like every detail has been covered to get it as aero as possible, concealed cables, integrated brakes. What does it weigh in at complete ready to ride? I know you've been hanging it on the scale.....Smile
rgmx-49
1/28/2011 8:24am
wow incredible bike man.
almost 9,000...crap that's expensive.
SH_105
1/28/2011 8:25am
SH_105 wrote:
That thing is sweet!!! I've got the cycling bug again and have been putting in on average 100+ miles a week. At least I will know...

Racer111 wrote:
Sean, it would be a honor and privelage to ride with you!! As of right now, I am putting in 250-300 miles a week on the...

As of right now, I am putting in 250-300 miles a week on the bike, 40-50 miles of running, and 15,000-20,000 yards a week in the pool!

Thanks for the reply! And yes, the Big Island is calling my name. You have to qualify for that race by being a top finisher at one one of the Ironman 140.6 races around the world. I am racing Ironman Louisville,KY on August 28th. My goal is 9 hours and 15 minutes!!
When you're ready for hell week or what not come out and we can take you through some of the toughest Mountain climbs in California! Ive been doing a lot of climbing again since it was my weak point but 250-300 miles a week I applaud you for that! I would love to do a Triathlon but my ankles are way to shot for any long distance running! BTW that bike is pure class and kickass! The look alone says you got to be badass to pedal it, so do it justice man! Haha

Tbteam
1/28/2011 8:26am
Very, very cool. I envy folks that can commit at your level.
JB 19
1/28/2011 8:32am
Those kind of sports take some serious mental toughness. I work with a guy who runs marathons and he will routinely put in 3 hours on the treadmill for a good run. I go 25 mins and I'm ready for something new. Tongue

Awsome bike, by the way. I'm pretty into mountain biking and understand the difference the bike makes....... as crazy as it sounds.
newmann
1/28/2011 8:39am
Tbteam wrote:
No shit. My Trek 5.9 Madone has a layer of dust on it. I'm embarrassed. But I am getting ready to put a fresh set of tubes in it and get ready for a ride day with Jimmy Button when he rolls through town in March. My wifes bike is super sweet. She's kinda short so I built her one from a XS frame and fork set. Carbon and Ti everywhere. American Classic in Florida laced me up a super light set of alloy clincher wheels pretty damn cheap. 1262 grams for the set, lighter than the 2 grand Reynolds carbons I was about to pull the trigger on for her. With a heavy seat and heavy tires it tips the scales just over 15 lbs. with pedals, bottle cages and computer.

1/28/2011 8:41am
SH_105 wrote:

Sean are you going to race any outdoors this year?
Racer111
1/28/2011 8:59am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2011 9:00am
Tbteam wrote:
newmann wrote:
No shit. My Trek 5.9 Madone has a layer of dust on it. I'm embarrassed. But I am getting ready to put a fresh set of...
No shit. My Trek 5.9 Madone has a layer of dust on it. I'm embarrassed. But I am getting ready to put a fresh set of tubes in it and get ready for a ride day with Jimmy Button when he rolls through town in March. My wifes bike is super sweet. She's kinda short so I built her one from a XS frame and fork set. Carbon and Ti everywhere. American Classic in Florida laced me up a super light set of alloy clincher wheels pretty damn cheap. 1262 grams for the set, lighter than the 2 grand Reynolds carbons I was about to pull the trigger on for her. With a heavy seat and heavy tires it tips the scales just over 15 lbs. with pedals, bottle cages and computer.

@Sean Hamblin, I'll definitely look you up! Would love to ride with you!! Especially in those mountains!! Thanks for the compliments on my bike!! p.s. Are we going to see you out there this Summer?

@Tbteam Thanks brother!!

Newmann, the bike as you see it weighs just over 17 pounds!

The bike is tricked out with a Shimano 7900 Dura Ace double front and rear derailleur, completely carbon frame and forks, state of the art Bontrager bull horn carbon bars and extensions, Bontrager Aeolus Carbon Clincher race wheels. I use those wheels for races only. I just use Bontrager Race X Lite wheels for training.

Dust that Madone off and start riding!!

Your wifes Madone is pretty slick as well!
Racer111
1/28/2011 9:16am
A couple of front and back shots. She looks so fat from the side, but you can see exactly how narrow this thing is! A razor in the wind.

SH_105
1/28/2011 9:17am
We will see, just working on some things with training kids as well as other stuff outside of Moto for once. ie my golf game and also the possibilities of making a living without it being in a sport! Love this sport to death but its very easy to get over it in a hurry with the shady people occupying too much space!

@Racer111... BTW I'm gettin ready to leave for a pretty big climb right now. 26% grade for over a mile plus the climbing to get there, I'm not going to walk right tomorrow!

Racer111
1/28/2011 9:20am
SH_105 wrote:
We will see, just working on some things with training kids as well as other stuff outside of Moto for once. ie my golf game and...
We will see, just working on some things with training kids as well as other stuff outside of Moto for once. ie my golf game and also the possibilities of making a living without it being in a sport! Love this sport to death but its very easy to get over it in a hurry with the shady people occupying too much space!

@Racer111... BTW I'm gettin ready to leave for a pretty big climb right now. 26% grade for over a mile plus the climbing to get there, I'm not going to walk right tomorrow!

Like Lance Armstrong said after his 3 crash day at the 2010 TDF...."Some days you're the hammer and some days you're the nail"!

I have a Road I.D. bracelet with all my contact info on it in case I am ever in a bad wreck. The bottom of the tag is inscripted with "Be the Hammer".

Have a great ride Sean!!

Stefan
jleews6
1/28/2011 9:29am
SH_105 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:
Sean, it would be a honor and privelage to ride with you!! As of right now, I am putting in 250-300 miles a week on the...

IRacer111. Im doing that very same thing right now.

I just do it in a year instead of a week lol. Congrats to you. Thats alot of hard work man. Good luck.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/28/2011 9:30am
Sweet bike dude! Trek makes some great bikes.

I have the Trek Carbon Fuel EX 9.9 Mountain Bike, $6,000 new, plus $1,500 in upgrades, so I get the price thing, but it is worth every penny if you use it a lot. There is some incredible Mountain Bike trails like Alafia, Bon Boyette, Santos, Carter Road etc... up your way in Central Florida, if you ever get into Mountain biking you should definitely check them out.
Sandberm
1/28/2011 9:30am
I 'm jealous. Racer111 is living the good life.

I've got a hillclimb ride I like to do also. My bike and my climb are nowhere near you guys' standards, but my heart jumping out of my chest that last couple hundred yards of my ride is right there with you.
Racer111
1/28/2011 9:36am
jleews6 wrote:
IRacer111. Im doing that very same thing right now. [b]As of right now, I am putting in 250-300 miles a week on the bike, 40-50 miles...
IRacer111. Im doing that very same thing right now.

I just do it in a year instead of a week lol. Congrats to you. Thats alot of hard work man. Good luck.
At least you are out there doing something! I love the way I feel right now! I am 40 years old and in the best shape of my life!
Racer111
1/28/2011 9:37am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Sweet bike dude! Trek makes some great bikes. I have the Trek Carbon Fuel EX 9.9 Mountain Bike, $6,000 new, plus $1,500 in upgrades, so I...
Sweet bike dude! Trek makes some great bikes.

I have the Trek Carbon Fuel EX 9.9 Mountain Bike, $6,000 new, plus $1,500 in upgrades, so I get the price thing, but it is worth every penny if you use it a lot. There is some incredible Mountain Bike trails like Alafia, Bon Boyette, Santos, Carter Road etc... up your way in Central Florida, if you ever get into Mountain biking you should definitely check them out.
I am definitely looking at a mountain bike. I am wanting to do a few Xterra Triathlons as well.
jeffro503
1/28/2011 9:40am
Racer11 and Sean.......

When you guys go on your longer bike rides.....what is ( or about ) the duration in time you are cycling?

And your heart rate......what do you let it get to and what length of time?

I'm just curious as to see what other push themselves to in sports like that.
Unbidliama
1/28/2011 10:07am
That's a sick bike! That bike just makes you wanne go out riding. But how does it ride when there are side winds. From what I've heard it's pretty tense.
hasko158
1/28/2011 10:11am
I started cycling a couple years ago also. I ride a LOOK about 100 or so miles per week once winter is over. Tough sport and one where you can kill yourself on a 6 hour ride and be dead tired but feel great once you are done.
Racer111
1/28/2011 10:33am
jeffro503 wrote:
Racer11 and Sean....... When you guys go on your longer bike rides.....what is ( or about ) the duration in time you are cycling? And your...
Racer11 and Sean.......

When you guys go on your longer bike rides.....what is ( or about ) the duration in time you are cycling?

And your heart rate......what do you let it get to and what length of time?

I'm just curious as to see what other push themselves to in sports like that.
Normally I do not ride less than 30 miles in a training session and I do 50, 75, 100, miles rides every week. The longer 75 and 100 mile rides I keep my heart rate at around 150-160 and only anything under 50 miles I train at about 165-175 MHR.

Speed Wise I always try to average about 26MPH!

Now, with the CRIT training I have been doing my MHR has been slowly decreasing to keep my desired average of 26mph. I am not trying to do the TDF, but I want to be a top tier cyclist in triathlon. Remember, I always have to run after I get off my bike. lol
mxb2
1/28/2011 10:50am
Very nice ! Now i don t feel to bad spending 8 gs on a 2011 450 LOL!
Racer111
1/28/2011 11:07am
mxb2 wrote:
Very nice ! Now i don t feel to bad spending 8 gs on a 2011 450 LOL!
I thought this thread mike make some of you not feel COMPLETELY bad on the cost of 4-strokes. lol
DoctorJD
1/28/2011 11:09am
First off Racer111, that bike is bad ass!

Good luck on your upcoming tri's. I've only done some "sprint-tri's", but I can see that it take a whole different level of commitment to accomplish anything beyond that. I admire the guys (and gals) that have the determination to pull-off those longer tri's.
Racer111
1/28/2011 11:14am
DoctorJD wrote:
First off Racer111, that bike is bad ass! Good luck on your upcoming tri's. I've only done some "sprint-tri's", but I can see that it take...
First off Racer111, that bike is bad ass!

Good luck on your upcoming tri's. I've only done some "sprint-tri's", but I can see that it take a whole different level of commitment to accomplish anything beyond that. I admire the guys (and gals) that have the determination to pull-off those longer tri's.
Thanks brother! I really appreciate that!

Post a reply to: New Bike!!

The Latest