New 2020, Moto baby arrival, need a 'shop manual..

Edited Date/Time 4/17/2020 7:05pm
So, on Thursday 9th, I had an early arrival of my first, new 2020 model.
We weren't expecting her arrival for another 5 weeks so it's been a bit of a scramble to make sure we got the 'shop fully stocked with the correct parts and accessories. Not going for any thing to trick. I didn't realize there was such a lack of aftermarket support for such a tiny new model! These after market companies need to step up there game!
She's an absolute beauty, and I could not be happier!
As she's my first "new" model, I'm looking for a 'shop manual? Or any pointers to help keep everything running smoothly? 😂

Just wanted to share my happiness with you all in these difficult times.

Stevie
|
Crush
4/14/2020 6:20am
Ah man, she is beautiful!

Congrats man, being a parent is the best thing in the world.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
4/14/2020 6:52am
Congrats on the beautiful little girl!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/14/2020 7:08am
Congrats dude!! She’s beautiful!!

Welcome to the most fun, joyous, silly, sleepless, worrisome and stressful part of your life! She’s going to do a lot of eating, sleeping and pooping. Nothing worse than those first few hospital poops that are like black tar.

Best advice from a dad with a 7 year old daughter and a son that just turned 4 yesterday... enjoy every single second because it flies by faster than you could ever imagine. Don’t take any of it for granted, not even the dirty diapers, being spit up on, being pooped and peed on. Some of the best times were just holding them as babies and watching them look at you and your spouse like nothing else in the world mattered to them. Cherish those moments.

And advice as a husband, don’t forget about your wife and don’t let her forget about it. It’s so easy to get caught up with the baby and forget about each other. Make time for each other no matter how tired you might be. She’s going to be going through a lot of stuff the next few weeks and she’s going to feel disgusting, tired and much more. do what you can to show her even the slightest bit of appreciation. As the little one grows up, don’t let any of that change. It’s super easy to put the child before each other and your marriage, but always remember that your marriage comes first and you two are her rock and her example of marriage growing up.

Congrats again you guys!
ricky racer
4/14/2020 7:30am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 7:34am
Congratulations she's beautiful!!

Here's your owners manual:

The Shop

bvm111
4/14/2020 7:42am
She’s a beaut Clark!

Congrats... before you know it they are seven year old little monsters that won’t stop talking to you about Whatever is going on in their little heads when all you want to do is watch tv. Nothing beats that instabond created when they grab your finger like that with their little hand and look you in the eye for the first time! Hang on you’re in for a steep learning curve but it’s not bad and all worth it! don’t worry when all you hear is your parents words coming out of your mouth it happens to all of us... “OH MY GOD I SOUND JUST LIKE MY DAD!” 🤦‍♂️😂

Congratulations!
DLP600
4/14/2020 7:43am
This may not be popular with the mom but trust me it is a game changer. Get your baby out of your room and sleeping on her own ASAP.
Crush
4/14/2020 7:51am
DLP600 wrote:
This may not be popular with the mom but trust me it is a game changer. Get your baby out of your room and sleeping on...
This may not be popular with the mom but trust me it is a game changer. Get your baby out of your room and sleeping on her own ASAP.
We lasted exactly half a night with our first... and then I moved her next door. Sleep is huge, for parents to be good, you need to be good.
rjg
4/14/2020 7:53am
Life with kids: the days are long but the years are short.

newmann
4/14/2020 8:45am
Congrats Stevie and family! Titanium and carbon fiber stroller already in the works I presume??

Best words of advice I can give you at this point is to not break your leg at a motocross race this time next month. That shit doesn't go over too well. Ask me how I know...Blush
Spooner
4/14/2020 8:54am
Awesome! Huge congratulations and its hard work but there's nothing more rewarding than a child. My boys are 3 and 6 and we have the absolute best time together. With a kid everything is new again and teaching them even the simplest things is so bad ass. In a couple months you be losing your mind that she just rolled over and you'll likely take around eleventy billion photos. Enjoy the ride! And for sure don't forget about mom-you should now be her slave haha!
Joe512
4/14/2020 8:57am
Had one myself in February. It is what you make it, have a good attitude going into it and give 100% and you'll get a lot out of it. Always work as a team and you'll be good!
KX500
4/14/2020 9:04am
Congrats!

"I didn't realize there was such a lack of aftermarket support for such a tiny new model! These after market companies need to step up there game! "

However, you don't even know how wrong you are about this one!

Unless you are just filthy rich, How ever much money you had before will likely just be a memory.

But, kids are absolutely worth it!
cmotodad
4/14/2020 9:28am
Believe RJG in " Days are long, years are short". After 3 with the oldest being 33, time seems to go by so quickly. Kids are what you want them to be. Make them fun and you enjoy the ride. Look through dark glasses and it can be pretty tough. Personally, nothing in life compares to the feelings of being parents and watching part of you grow to their own uniqueness. Enjoy the ride. As far as shop manual, just like a bike, 1 manual doesn't work for every model.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/14/2020 9:42am
"Daddy, daddy, daddy!" The best sound ever. Just wait.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/14/2020 10:03am
Falcon wrote:
"Daddy, daddy, daddy!" The best sound ever. Just wait.
Especially after a long day at work! Nothing compares
devotid
Fantasy
367th
4/14/2020 10:22am
This is the best thread on vital. Congrats!
4/14/2020 10:45am
KX500 wrote:
Congrats! "I didn't realize there was such a lack of aftermarket support for such a tiny new model! These after market companies need to step up...
Congrats!

"I didn't realize there was such a lack of aftermarket support for such a tiny new model! These after market companies need to step up there game! "

However, you don't even know how wrong you are about this one!

Unless you are just filthy rich, How ever much money you had before will likely just be a memory.

But, kids are absolutely worth it!
I should have clarified I little, and said "Aftermarket clothing companies". She's less than 5lbs and we can't find anything to fit her. All the "Tiny Baby" clothes are WAAAAAYYYYYY to big for her!
All the other stuff... Oh yes! The aftermarket is very well supported! Never new we needed so much "stuff"! 😂
4/14/2020 11:14am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 11:58am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Congrats dude!! She’s beautiful!! Welcome to the most fun, joyous, silly, sleepless, worrisome and stressful part of your life! She’s going to do a lot of...

Welcome to the most fun, joyous, silly, sleepless, worrisome and stressful part of your life! She’s going to do a lot of eating, sleeping and pooping. Nothing worse than those first few hospital poops that are like black tar.

Best advice from a dad with a 7 year old daughter and a son that just turned 4 yesterday... enjoy every single second because it flies by faster than you could ever imagine. Don’t take any of it for granted, not even the dirty diapers, being spit up on, being pooped and peed on. Some of the best times were just holding them as babies and watching them look at you and your spouse like nothing else in the world mattered to them. Cherish those moments.

And advice as a husband, don’t forget about your wife and don’t let her forget about it. It’s so easy to get caught up with the baby and forget about each other. Make time for each other no matter how tired you might be. She’s going to be going through a lot of stuff the next few weeks and she’s going to feel disgusting, tired and much more. do what you can to show her even the slightest bit of appreciation. As the little one grows up, don’t let any of that change. It’s super easy to put the child before each other and your marriage, but always remember that your marriage comes first and you two are her rock and her example of marriage growing up.

Congrats again you guys!
Thank you!! That's some real advice, that I'm sure, if there was a manual... Probably, wouldn't be in it! Absolutely love it!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/14/2020 11:20am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Congrats dude!! She’s beautiful!! Welcome to the most fun, joyous, silly, sleepless, worrisome and stressful part of your life! She’s going to do a lot of...

Congrats again you guys!
StevieD113 wrote:
Thank you!! That's some real advice, that I'm sure, if there was a manual... Probably, wouldn't be in it! Absolutely love it!
Welcome!

As for the clothing issue, have you found much for premies? BuyBuyBaby would be a good one if you haven't looked there already. Maybe Carter's as well.
Titanium
4/14/2020 11:23am
Congratulations she's beautiful!! Here's your owners manual: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/14/419935/s1200_Bible.jpg[/img]
Congratulations she's beautiful!!

Here's your owners manual:

Amen! Congratulations, enjoy one of life's finest moments..
Motox627!
4/14/2020 11:28am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Congrats again you guys!
StevieD113 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Welcome! As for the clothing issue, have you found much for premies? BuyBuyBaby would be a good one if you haven't looked there already. Maybe Carter's...
Welcome!

As for the clothing issue, have you found much for premies? BuyBuyBaby would be a good one if you haven't looked there already. Maybe Carter's as well.
Mattyhamz dropping some knowledge and great advice!!!

Congrats to you and your wife! Not much i can add that the others haven't said, other than i couldn't agree with them more. One of the scariest, yet most amazing things you will ever do or be a part of! My only regret is that we only had one. My daughter is getting ready to turn 14, so i know what's coming (hormones, boys, dating) - but she has and hopefully always will be a "daddy's girl".
Chance1216
4/14/2020 11:43am
Congrats with the new addition to your family. Mattyhamz pretty much summed it up. My daughter is 25 and my son is 22. My only regret was not taking more photos throughout the years. Time does fly.
KMC440
4/14/2020 11:51am
You know the deal ... take'er apart and grease everything ! Laughing

Congratulations fantastic addition !!

... don't forget the sprocket bolts either 👍😉
Deja New
4/14/2020 1:22pm
Congrats being a dad is the best so enjoy and take Matt’s advice Smile you’ll be happier for it and so will the family.
Wycked31
4/14/2020 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 1:26pm
Congrats to you and the family.

What power band did she come with?
Ozy
4/14/2020 6:32pm
Congrats man! Get ready to have your heart completely owned.

Advice? I have a son now 17 and daughter 21 (at USC with a weighted 4.35 GPA from HS). When they get old enough to want stuff or to do things. Every once in a while tell them you really don't want them to do it, but let them anyway . . . save these up until they want to do something you seriously don't want them to do so when you say no you have some safe ammo to use - if they start to challenge your answer, remind them of all the times you gave in Smile

Tell them you love them everyday and always respect their dignity. Treat them like God loaned them to you and not like you own them and they will love you forever

Good Luck
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
4/14/2020 6:58pm
Congrats!

This is the best thing in the world - enjoy it.

For the best person to get advice from - go look in a mirror. She is your daughter, you will know what to do!!
braaap
Fantasy
2172nd
4/14/2020 8:45pm
Congrats man! Daughters are so awesome! My kids are now 22, 20 and 18 with my daughter in the middle. One’s in law school and the other two in college.
Some wisdom I have gained through the years.

Your life is now about her, not you.
In punishment or reward, do what you said you were going to do.
Don’t hold your girl to a different standard than your boy.
Read to her every day. You own her education, not the school system.
Remember that she will mimic what she sees in her parents. It sucks when your kid draws a dick pick in kindergarten!
Take an interest in whatever they choose to do.
Tell her you love her every day, even when you aren’t too happy with her. I still tell my kids that after almost every conversation.

Good luck. It’s the toughest but most rewarding job you’ll ever have.

Oh yeah, start putting a small amount of money in a 403b as soon and often as possible to pay for college.

Post a reply to: New 2020, Moto baby arrival, need a 'shop manual..

The Latest