New 110

stax199
4/24/2020 11:24am
Scooped up a 2020 KLX 110L 2 weeks into this pandemic.. Threw tall bars, tall seat, bigger pegs, frame cradle and the BBR stiff fork springs. Also gave her green plastics like my 20 KX450
Mx286
4/27/2020 4:49pm
Anyone had any luck trying to find black wheels for their CRF? The pit bike sites are sold out, didn’t know if there where other types that crossed over. Noticed on Motosport and RMATV they didn’t even have aftermarket wheels?
Hoks
4/27/2020 4:56pm
Finally picked one up. Local dealer got 48 in yesterday, 10 left as of 10:30 this morning. Anything I should look for or do before the...
Finally picked one up. Local dealer got 48 in yesterday, 10 left as of 10:30 this morning. Anything I should look for or do before the first break in ride? Never owned a new bike before big or small.
Depends what you plan on doing really, I think a skid plate is important to protect the underside. Look up CJR performance for engine mods if that’s the way you wanna go
FortyHat
4/27/2020 5:35pm
Mx286 wrote:
Anyone had any luck trying to find black wheels for their CRF? The pit bike sites are sold out, didn’t know if there where other types...
Anyone had any luck trying to find black wheels for their CRF? The pit bike sites are sold out, didn’t know if there where other types that crossed over. Noticed on Motosport and RMATV they didn’t even have aftermarket wheels?
Are CRF wheels a different spoke pattern than KLX?

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
4/27/2020 7:23pm
FortyHat wrote:
I believe the rear is the same but the front is different. I have a new black BBR KLX front if anybody is looking.
DaBaum44
4/27/2020 7:30pm
Finally picked one up. Local dealer got 48 in yesterday, 10 left as of 10:30 this morning. Anything I should look for or do before the...
Finally picked one up. Local dealer got 48 in yesterday, 10 left as of 10:30 this morning. Anything I should look for or do before the first break in ride? Never owned a new bike before big or small.
JTI Shift Shaft brace. Buy and install before you ride or you will for sure bend the shaft in deep ruts or when laying the bike low in corners.
FortyHat
4/27/2020 8:43pm
FortyHat wrote:
I believe the rear is the same but the front is different. I have a new black BBR KLX front if anybody is looking.
Ah you're right, just checked OEM diagrams and the KLX has 32 spokes in front, while CRF is 36. Bummer, Fast50s has the KLX pair in stock.
FortyHat
4/27/2020 9:01pm
DaBaum44 wrote:
JTI Shift Shaft brace. Buy and install [u]before[/u] you ride or you will for sure bend the shaft in deep ruts or when laying the bike...
JTI Shift Shaft brace. Buy and install before you ride or you will for sure bend the shaft in deep ruts or when laying the bike low in corners.
I dig how the CRF comes with the rear brake rod routed in a sane way above the swingarm, where it stays clear. I finally got around to routing my KLX rod that way. Earlier pics on this thread had it routed underneath.

big natty
4/27/2020 9:36pm
Thumpstar 190 tse . are badass come with marzoccis.
Trick seat. There's really nothing else to add to it.
big natty
4/27/2020 9:38pm
FortyHat
4/27/2020 9:51pm
big natty wrote:
Yeah you might be right but I think guys worry about replacing parts when investing in a bike like that. And maybe they accept a lot of some major brand's OEM parts but I dunno. If the motor is different then most guys are gonna be out.
tk2stroke
4/27/2020 11:13pm
Pit bike madness all weekend long. Spent a couple of hours on the new CRF and I was mostly impressed. Compared to the green and blue bikes, it had a very slight performance advantage with the biggest benefit being the gearing. In our oval and pit track racing, the CRF was ridden in 2 and 3rd gear while the KLX and TTR required shifting between 2nd and 4th. The CRF top speed was a step ahead of both the green and blue. The CRF throttle response with the EFi was also very noticeable and was much smoother than the carb bikes.

There was however one major downside at least on the bike we rode (New with only 2 previous rides). The transmission was terrible with the bike missing shifts between 2nd and 3rd on a regular basis. It could not shift under load whatsoever and required coming off the gas and being extremely deliberate and firm to successfully get into 3rd. The owner is looking into seeing if this is a flaw in his specific bike or normal for the new generation of CRF 110.

It terms of handling and geometry, I rank them as (1) TTR (2) CRF and (3) KLX. 1 & 2 are very very close, the KLX feels out of balance.

GregDVT
4/28/2020 6:21am
tk2stroke wrote:
Pit bike madness all weekend long. Spent a couple of hours on the new CRF and I was mostly impressed. Compared to the green and blue...
Pit bike madness all weekend long. Spent a couple of hours on the new CRF and I was mostly impressed. Compared to the green and blue bikes, it had a very slight performance advantage with the biggest benefit being the gearing. In our oval and pit track racing, the CRF was ridden in 2 and 3rd gear while the KLX and TTR required shifting between 2nd and 4th. The CRF top speed was a step ahead of both the green and blue. The CRF throttle response with the EFi was also very noticeable and was much smoother than the carb bikes.

There was however one major downside at least on the bike we rode (New with only 2 previous rides). The transmission was terrible with the bike missing shifts between 2nd and 3rd on a regular basis. It could not shift under load whatsoever and required coming off the gas and being extremely deliberate and firm to successfully get into 3rd. The owner is looking into seeing if this is a flaw in his specific bike or normal for the new generation of CRF 110.

It terms of handling and geometry, I rank them as (1) TTR (2) CRF and (3) KLX. 1 & 2 are very very close, the KLX feels out of balance.

I have noticed mine gets stuck between gears sometimes. I just got a JTI shift brace in the mail as well since I keep catching the shifter
Wandell
4/28/2020 6:57am
As a general rule, the jetting on all playbikes is way too lean. Playing with the jetting will usually give a little better performance and much easier cold starting. Of course, this isn't a concern with EFI.
tk2stroke
4/28/2020 7:39am
tk2stroke wrote:
Pit bike madness all weekend long. Spent a couple of hours on the new CRF and I was mostly impressed. Compared to the green and blue...

GregDVT wrote:
I have noticed mine gets stuck between gears sometimes. I just got a JTI shift brace in the mail as well since I keep catching the...
I have noticed mine gets stuck between gears sometimes. I just got a JTI shift brace in the mail as well since I keep catching the shifter
I'd like to know if that helps, good luck 🤞
BigDaddyG
4/28/2020 7:50am
FortyHat wrote:
Sounds like you made up your mind OP (CRF), but I would not recommend the TTR-110. We had one for a few years but there really...
Sounds like you made up your mind OP (CRF), but I would not recommend the TTR-110. We had one for a few years but there really isn't much aftermarket stuff available for it at all. Finally got rid of it this year and got a KLX110L (that someone else mentioned above). Mainly got the Kawi to make a mini version of my 19 KX450. Seems like a lot of guys are having a good time on the CRF pitters though, I wouldn't mind having one of those either.

That thing is bad ass!! Nice build!
Rupert X
4/28/2020 8:41am
*For you owners of XR-80’s and XR-100’s and, perhaps other early mini Honda’s, I’d always struggled with getting my XR’s to rev out well.... on a lark, I bought two Chinese carbs, mini air filters, deleted the air boxes and bought the “super-coil “ kits for our XR80’s off Amazon, probably dumped $80 in everything. Installed all that shit. Surprise, both ran better than ever. Absolutely amazed. No jetting or tuning issues. Enjoying riding these things again. * Let’s get MiniMoto in Vegas back

4/28/2020 12:44pm
tk2stroke wrote:

GregDVT wrote:
I have noticed mine gets stuck between gears sometimes. I just got a JTI shift brace in the mail as well since I keep catching the...
I noticed that I had to shift it hard at first to get into second. My friend who picked his up the same day noticed that as well on his. Hoping it gets easier as it breaks in.
DaBaum44
4/28/2020 4:22pm
I noticed that I had to shift it hard at first to get into second. My friend who picked his up the same day noticed that...
I noticed that I had to shift it hard at first to get into second. My friend who picked his up the same day noticed that as well on his. Hoping it gets easier as it breaks in.
My 2020 was the same. Give it two or so hours and it will be smooth. Pretty much every new bike I've ever owned felt "notchy" until after running some heat cycles.
JohnMatrix
4/30/2020 7:51am
mx 219 wrote:
Dont go above 143. Otherwise you might as well buy a 250f. Kitaco 143 was the kit to get back in the day. That with a...
Dont go above 143. Otherwise you might as well buy a 250f.

Kitaco 143 was the kit to get back in the day. That with a mikuni vm26.

I have a 110L with zokes, and bbr super comp swingarm, looks like a mini crf 450. I have a bonestock motor and like it just fine.
I have an 07 klx 110 and was wondering if once you do the bbr swingarm and a different fork setup, is their still a difference in height between the 110 and 110L chassis? Thanks!
FortyHat
4/30/2020 9:33am
JohnMatrix wrote:
I have an 07 klx 110 and was wondering if once you do the bbr swingarm and a different fork setup, is their still a difference...
I have an 07 klx 110 and was wondering if once you do the bbr swingarm and a different fork setup, is their still a difference in height between the 110 and 110L chassis? Thanks!
Nope, the frame is identical so the only difference at that point would be the clutch.
tk2stroke
4/30/2020 6:43pm
Rupert X wrote:
*For you owners of XR-80’s and XR-100’s and, perhaps other early mini Honda’s, I’d always struggled with getting my XR’s to rev out well.... on a...
*For you owners of XR-80’s and XR-100’s and, perhaps other early mini Honda’s, I’d always struggled with getting my XR’s to rev out well.... on a lark, I bought two Chinese carbs, mini air filters, deleted the air boxes and bought the “super-coil “ kits for our XR80’s off Amazon, probably dumped $80 in everything. Installed all that shit. Surprise, both ran better than ever. Absolutely amazed. No jetting or tuning issues. Enjoying riding these things again. * Let’s get MiniMoto in Vegas back

Those are XR80's??? Is that a BBR frame?
tk2stroke
4/30/2020 6:44pm
tk2stroke wrote:

GregDVT wrote:
I noticed that I had to shift it hard at first to get into second. My friend who picked his up the same day noticed that...
On the CRF110 we rode, it was only between 2nd and 3rd
tk2stroke
4/30/2020 6:45pm
DaBaum44 wrote:
My 2020 was the same. Give it two or so hours and it will be smooth. Pretty much every new bike I've ever owned felt "notchy"...
My 2020 was the same. Give it two or so hours and it will be smooth. Pretty much every new bike I've ever owned felt "notchy" until after running some heat cycles.
My buddy has 4-6 hours on his CRF110, and it's only getting worse.
nine1seven
4/30/2020 9:52pm
Hoks wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/26/413440/s1200_E1708396_E427_4C9D_A810_7DDC4627AEBF.jpg[/img]

Question for you guys mounting higher bars on your CRF110s - what longer cables are you using? CRF125? What about full size throttle tubes?
Brap!
4/30/2020 10:23pm
Hoks wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/26/413440/s1200_E1708396_E427_4C9D_A810_7DDC4627AEBF.jpg[/img]

nine1seven wrote:
Question for you guys mounting higher bars on your CRF110s - what longer cables are you using? CRF125? What about full size throttle tubes?
If you are just adding taller bars, you can turn your throttle housing upside down and be fine, or reroute the cables through the frame. When you go to adding fork springs and dampening rods, lifting the front end 1.5 inches plus, you’ll need crf125 throttle cables. You can also run the crf125 throttle tube to use full size grips.
GouldRacing25
Fantasy
1681st
5/2/2020 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2020 12:18pm
This is my ultimate pit bike

Motor is a Daytona 190 with 2mm crank = 212 big bore kit. Came straight from Daytona anima in Japan.

Has Daytona’s race Cdi adjustable timing and rev limiter. Over sized oil cooler that is vertically mounted with braided steel lines. 30mm pkw Keihin carb and a uni twin stage filter with skin cover water proof.

The frame is copied from a piranhas frame, built a jig from it but fixed some of the geometry angles on head set and lengthen the frame. Wrinkle powder coating done on the frame.

Fast ace forks with factory connection 47nm springs, Dnm race shock 700lb spring with Shock wears shock cover.

2009 Crf450r front brakes, 2007 Yz450f rear master brake, 2001 cr80 caliper and steel braided lines front and rear.

Hand made stainless exhaust with fmf 2.1 power core muffler

Piranha race wheels

Piranha swing arm mod to cr brakes as well cr pivot bearings

Head set bearings are crf110

Pro taper bars

2018 yz65 oem plastics seat tank and all bolts on to bike like factory model hand made.
FortyHat
5/2/2020 6:15pm
Are those FC springs in their spring application chart under some other fork type?
GouldRacing25
Fantasy
1681st
5/2/2020 6:34pm
FortyHat wrote:
Are those FC springs in their spring application chart under some other fork type?
I’ll ask my buddy. He seems to be the pit bike guru.
xrmark
5/2/2020 11:18pm
This is my ultimate pit bike [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/02/424982/s1200_1AAAA06A_A982_4492_ABE4_B79335A914B7.jpg[/img] Motor is a Daytona 190 with 2mm crank = 212 big bore kit. Came straight from Daytona anima in...
This is my ultimate pit bike

Motor is a Daytona 190 with 2mm crank = 212 big bore kit. Came straight from Daytona anima in Japan.

Has Daytona’s race Cdi adjustable timing and rev limiter. Over sized oil cooler that is vertically mounted with braided steel lines. 30mm pkw Keihin carb and a uni twin stage filter with skin cover water proof.

The frame is copied from a piranhas frame, built a jig from it but fixed some of the geometry angles on head set and lengthen the frame. Wrinkle powder coating done on the frame.

Fast ace forks with factory connection 47nm springs, Dnm race shock 700lb spring with Shock wears shock cover.

2009 Crf450r front brakes, 2007 Yz450f rear master brake, 2001 cr80 caliper and steel braided lines front and rear.

Hand made stainless exhaust with fmf 2.1 power core muffler

Piranha race wheels

Piranha swing arm mod to cr brakes as well cr pivot bearings

Head set bearings are crf110

Pro taper bars

2018 yz65 oem plastics seat tank and all bolts on to bike like factory model hand made.
4500 bucks takes it hes in orange county. You deleted that part out when you copy and pasted his post off the plante minis FB page.

Post a reply to: New 110

The Latest