"New" 100% goggles

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2017 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2017 7:54 AM

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/100-Introduces-the-Racecraft-Goggle,20631

Basically the same as the Fox goggles with injected molded lenses and the Oakley Mayhem pro.

Thoughts?

The current 100% frames doesn't fit my face at all. They pinch my nose really bad(not possible to ride with them). Does anyone know if they're going to come out with a new frame with a wide field of view?

|

11/1/2017 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2017 4:52 PM

Motofinne wrote:

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/100-Introduces-the-Racecraft-Goggle,20631

Basically the same as the Fox goggles with injected molded lenses and the Oakley Mayhem pro.

Thoughts?

The current 100% frames doesn't fit my face at all. They pinch my nose really bad(not possible to ride with them). Does anyone know if they're going to come out with a new frame with a wide field of view?

I bought two pairs and thought I was just out of shape because I couldn't breathe. Nope....my 100%'s were pushing down so hard on my nose they were preventing me from breathing. This was with a Bell Moto-9 Flex Carbon. I am an Eks Brand guy now.

|

11/1/2017 5:55 PM

No new frames coming out. I don’t personally have issues with them pinching my nose but buddies of mine have just trimmed the foam a little and it worked well for them. The new Racecraft plus does have different foam so maybe the shape will change some? I’ll have some on Friday so I’ll compare them to my normal ones and report back. I’m more excited about the ‘HD’ lenses that are the new injection molded ones. I have some Prizm sunglasses and love them so they will be killer for Moto. Price is reasonable too at $35.

|

11/1/2017 6:00 PM

I always liked how they have the same lens shape for all their goggles, awesome how they were able to update without changing that (at least it looks that way)

|

11/1/2017 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2017 9:56 AM

rmoto003 wrote:

I always liked how they have the same lens shape for all their goggles, awesome how they were able to update without changing that (at least it looks that way)

That is a good feature.

But the minus is the frame of the 100% goggles. Worst fitting goggles that i have had and i know that lots of people agree with me.

Fix the fitment and make a wide lens goggle = 100% is back in the business.

|

11/1/2017 6:10 PM

100 percent gives me the same nose pinching problem too. They were the only brand I had used for a while and I had used a few different models. Picked up a pair of the higher end Dragon Alliance goggles (I can't remember off the top of my head what model they are) and wow what a night and day difference in fit, feel, and quality along with better visibility. I'm sold on Dragon Alliance I don't see myself ever buying 100 percent goggles again.

|

11/1/2017 6:14 PM

Wide lens?

I just bought 2 new pairs of the Accuri goggles but have yet to ride with them. I had a couple of older pairs of Oakley Crowbars that I had to retire and I was gonna purchase the newer Oakley O2 goggles but decided to see what the 100% hype was about. Hope I don't experience the clothespin effect : /

|

'20 CRF250R
'20 KTM SX-E5
'18 CRF50
'15 PW 50
(2) STACYC 16eDrives

11/1/2017 6:16 PM

Motofinne wrote:

That is a good feature.

But the minus is the frame of the 100% goggles. Worst fitting goggles that i have had and i know that lots of people agree with me.

Fix the fitment and make a wide lens goggle = 100% is back in the business.

Feel like Ive heard that about a lot of different goggles. It could just depend on your helmet/head shape. I have a bunch of pairs of racecrafts and love them, the nose guard makes a perfect seal with my helmet so no dirt/rocks ever hits my mouth/nose.

|

11/1/2017 6:16 PM

soopah noviss wrote:

Wide lens?

I just bought 2 new pairs of the Accuri goggles but have yet to ride with them. I had a couple of older pairs of Oakley Crowbars that I had to retire and I was gonna purchase the newer Oakley O2 goggles but decided to see what the 100% hype was about. Hope I don't experience the clothespin effect : /

Wide lens = Oakley Airbrake/Frontline, Scott Prospect, Dragon high end goggles(i don't remember the name).. Etc.

|

11/1/2017 6:19 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

I always liked how they have the same lens shape for all their goggles, awesome how they were able to update without changing that (at least it looks that way)

Motofinne wrote:

That is a good feature.

But the minus is the frame of the 100% goggles. Worst fitting goggles that i have had and i know that lots of people agree with me.

Fix the fitment and make a wide lens goggle = 100% is back in the business.

rmoto003 wrote:

Feel like Ive heard that about a lot of different goggles. It could just depend on your helmet/head shape. I have a bunch of pairs of racecrafts and love them, the nose guard makes a perfect seal with my helmet so no dirt/rocks ever hits my mouth/nose.

Good for you that it fits you. But i had one 100% lens that cracked of a stone and the nose pinching feel is common.

|

11/1/2017 6:21 PM

Mine fit well. Only goggles I like other than the Oakley crowbars.

|

11/1/2017 6:50 PM

Just like boots, helmets, and knee braces, goggles are all about individual fit. Some brands/models work well for some and some don’t.

|

11/1/2017 6:58 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Just like boots, helmets, and knee braces, goggles are all about individual fit. Some brands/models work well for some and some don’t.

True. Goggles is something that everyone should try themselves and get what fits the best.

But there is a lot of "100% goggles pinch my nose" comments out there. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

|

11/1/2017 7:17 PM

I actually just started riding with 100%’s and love them. I’ve always had problems with goggles punching my nose. Usually only run xbrands or Oakley’s. But 100%’s just went to the top of the list.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/1/2017 7:21 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Just like boots, helmets, and knee braces, goggles are all about individual fit. Some brands/models work well for some and some don’t.

Motofinne wrote:

True. Goggles is something that everyone should try themselves and get what fits the best.

But there is a lot of "100% goggles pinch my nose" comments out there. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

Which is interesting because I got a big nose and have always had problems with my nose being pinched. I was told to try 100% and haven't looked back, don't pinch my nose at all.

|

11/1/2017 8:19 PM

I think my 100% goggles fit great, just as good as any Oakley, Scott, or smith that I've had. I have five riding buddies who wear them too, never heard the nose pinch thing myself. Maybe us New Englandahs have skinny noses.

I am looking forward to a stronger lens. I haven't had a problem here either, but I had a stick go two and a half inches into my face last spring and I wondered if it would've went through the lens, and possibly into an eye. That would be a lot worse than a few stitches in a cheek. Better safe than sorry here.

|

11/1/2017 9:04 PM

I have a fat nose and wear 100% and love them. No issues at all. Helmet is a bell Moto 9.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

11/2/2017 3:31 AM

Motofinne wrote:

True. Goggles is something that everyone should try themselves and get what fits the best.

But there is a lot of "100% goggles pinch my nose" comments out there. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

grin

"Constructive criticism is a good thing." Motofinne
"the frame of the 100% goggles are garbage." - Also Motofinne

The fitment of goggles on your face is so subjective. To claim a goggle is garbage because of your face shape is farcical!

This should help you.
|

11/2/2017 3:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2017 4:22 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Just like boots, helmets, and knee braces, goggles are all about individual fit. Some brands/models work well for some and some don’t.

Motofinne wrote:

True. Goggles is something that everyone should try themselves and get what fits the best.

But there is a lot of "100% goggles pinch my nose" comments out there. Constructive criticism is a good thing.

Bosco wrote: grin

"Constructive criticism is a good thing." Motofinne
"the frame of the 100% goggles are garbage." - Also Motofinne

The fitment of goggles on your face is so subjective. To claim a goggle is garbage because of your face shape is farcical!

This should help you.

Triggered.

I'll give you that the word garbage might be a tad too harsh.

It's good that 100% has a new more safe lens for the people that have faces that fits the 100% frames. I'm still standing behind my statement that the frame pinches my nose more than any other goggle that i have tried and i know that there are a lot of people that have experienced the same.

I'm sure that 100% are able to engineer a frame that fits a bigger audience.

|

11/2/2017 7:31 AM

So you basically started a thread about a new goggle, haven't actually tried the new goggle, but see this as an opportunity to bash all the other goggles from this one particular brand.



|

11/2/2017 8:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2017 8:12 AM

I couldn't wear 100% either. They sponsored our series and I won two pairs, one their high end and the other the cheaper one. I tried both and with an Arai, they pinched my nose that I couldn't breath.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

11/2/2017 8:29 AM

Almost all goggles pinch my big nose. I'm using Draggons now that are the least bothersome. I'm really pumped to try the new X Brand over the glasses goggle coming out. Even though I don't wear glasses I think they'll help a lot.

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

11/2/2017 8:39 AM

rmoto003 wrote:

I always liked how they have the same lens shape for all their goggles, awesome how they were able to update without changing that (at least it looks that way)

Motofinne wrote:

That is a good feature.

But the minus is the frame of the 100% goggles. Worst fitting goggles that i have had and i know that lots of people agree with me.

Fix the fitment and make a wide lens goggle = 100% is back in the business.

rmoto003 wrote:

Feel like Ive heard that about a lot of different goggles. It could just depend on your helmet/head shape. I have a bunch of pairs of racecrafts and love them, the nose guard makes a perfect seal with my helmet so no dirt/rocks ever hits my mouth/nose.

Yeah, the Scott Prospect does that to me.
Haven't heard that from any other rider

|

11/2/2017 9:12 AM

100% goggles pinch my nose too. Airbrake's are fine. I wear a Shoei.

|

11/2/2017 9:37 AM

Long time visitor finally gonna post.....just a heads up for anyone who hasn't tried 100% goggles the accuri or racecraft are the ones to go with. I have accuri goggles and they are hands down the best and most comfortable goggle I've ever worn. HOWEVER the Strata, Or entry level goggle, sucks and does pinch your nose. Same lenses across the goggles, but different and worse frame on the strata. Wondering if many of you guys that didn't like them tried the Strata and formed opinion. I've had Oakley o frames/proven goggles, scott, etc and 100% is only goggle I wear now. Only downside is not having scratch resistant lenses that are safety rated which I don't understand.

|

11/2/2017 9:49 AM

Madmax31 wrote:

Almost all goggles pinch my big nose. I'm using Draggons now that are the least bothersome. I'm really pumped to try the new X Brand over the glasses goggle coming out. Even though I don't wear glasses I think they'll help a lot.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

11/2/2017 9:53 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Triggered.

I'll give you that the word garbage might be a tad too harsh.

It's good that 100% has a new more safe lens for the people that have faces that fits the 100% frames. I'm still standing behind my statement that the frame pinches my nose more than any other goggle that i have tried and i know that there are a lot of people that have experienced the same.

I'm sure that 100% are able to engineer a frame that fits a bigger audience.

If you’re going with triggered... wink

I think we got the message that the goggles don’t fit your beak the first three or four times you mentioned it. You’re well over that now. After a certain point it starts to look like you’re trying to do bad business for someone.

|

11/2/2017 10:01 AM

Trigger Gumm wears goggles?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/2/2017 10:19 AM

For me its been best goggles with decent price level. New lens is great update as they will fit also old models. Im not guy that spends 250 Euros for one set of Oakleys if I can get bag of good goggles for same price. I actually have been using plastic nose protection at races that comes with 100% goggles after I got stone to my nose couple years ago.

|

11/2/2017 12:22 PM

does the + lens fit in the regular frame? and vice versa? I have yet to find an answer to this question.

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."