New 100% goggle

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2019 4:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2019 4:05 AM

Photo
Sorry for the mirrored pic, I couldn't find one that faced left.

Looks like the new Motospy episode accidentally gave us a sneak peek on a new 100% goggle. Cole Seely already pointed out that they have something new in the works on the swapmoto podcast, so I guess this is some sort of prototype. The frame looks a lot thinner so maybe they came up with a lens-lock system of their own. The strap also looks a bit bigger like the one from the Scott prospect.
Call me quality journalist

This is the part (9:20):
[youtube]
&t=560s[/youtube]

/edit: there's also a chance that this is actually the normal racecraft and it's just the perspective and I'm dumb. I'm just making assumptions as the strap is unbranded and Seely pointed something out.
|

2/27/2019 5:46 AM

Looks like a full frame lens like the airbrakes

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

2/27/2019 6:18 AM

I hope its like the airbrake. I love how easy the lenses come out of the oaklye's. I still have some !00% accuris for the price they are hard to beat.

|

2/27/2019 9:29 AM

Good chance be like the Oakleys, most goggles are made in the same few places in China, I looked into starting my own goggle company like 5 years ago or so.

Was shocked how cheap I could get basically same 100% goggles made for 3 layer face foam everything for, just have to order a lot, and I didn't want to get a loan to start it up.

Fast forward 5 years and theres like 15 different goggle companies now all doing what I was thinking about doing LOL.

I still might do it one day, have gear made and gloves too, lot of the companies I have been seeing pop up don't have very good looking stuff.

|

2/27/2019 9:40 AM

I USE THE GOGGILS THAT MATT MOSS GIVED ME AT FREESTONE WHEN HE RIDED FOR TEAM SUSZUKI THEY SAYS VZ AND LOOK LIKE THE GOGGILS IN THIS PICTURE THAT I FINDED

https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/21547/s1600_97770600_1261190588.jpg?1294262290

|

suszuki rm85

2/27/2019 9:44 AM

motomike894 wrote:

Good chance be like the Oakleys, most goggles are made in the same few places in China, I looked into starting my own goggle company like 5 years ago or so.

Was shocked how cheap I could get basically same 100% goggles made for 3 layer face foam everything for, just have to order a lot, and I didn't want to get a loan to start it up.

Fast forward 5 years and theres like 15 different goggle companies now all doing what I was thinking about doing LOL.

I still might do it one day, have gear made and gloves too, lot of the companies I have been seeing pop up don't have very good looking stuff.

Lots buy the clone goggles of various brands. Seen some. They are bang on the same exact thing for like 12 bucks!
Saw a thread on TT showing a few brands. Next time, Im buying a pair of a few different brands.

|

2/27/2019 10:02 AM

Looks like a murdered out Racecraft Plus goggle.

|

2/27/2019 10:07 AM

I looked at Amazon goggles from China. They were like $20 or less. But there is NO WAY in hell I'm going to trust my eyes to their quality standards. It only takes one stray rock or branch. At least with pro brand goggles, you know they have been properly tested. Pro goggles are made to their standards.

|

2017 CRF450r

2/27/2019 10:23 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

I looked at Amazon goggles from China. They were like $20 or less. But there is NO WAY in hell I'm going to trust my eyes to their quality standards. It only takes one stray rock or branch. At least with pro brand goggles, you know they have been properly tested. Pro goggles are made to their standards.

Did you ever read the link?

ANSI Z87.1-2003, CE EN166,FDA,DROP BALL TEST.

|

2/27/2019 10:49 AM

Hey gang, let's not post links to counterfeit products.

|

2/28/2019 6:53 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

77Moto wrote:

Did you ever read the link?

ANSI Z87.1-2003, CE EN166,FDA,DROP BALL TEST.

Yeah...those chinese have never lied about their products. I'd never trust them. Pro brands have a reputation to maintain and their sponsored rider to protect.

|

2017 CRF450r