Never Started '04 KX500 for sale.

Myz74
11/27/2020 9:45pm
Analogue* wrote:
My CR500 might be worth more than that, who knows.... The bike on the trailer is a zero hour machine, 2001 never clicked into gear...
My CR500 might be worth more than that, who knows....

The bike on the trailer is a zero hour machine, 2001 never clicked into gear .

The trailer however, has done a few miles . Must take some new pics ....

Sir, I'm very interested in buying, still for sale?
11/27/2020 10:51pm
Analogue* wrote:
My CR500 might be worth more than that, who knows.... The bike on the trailer is a zero hour machine, 2001 never clicked into gear...
My CR500 might be worth more than that, who knows....

The bike on the trailer is a zero hour machine, 2001 never clicked into gear .

The trailer however, has done a few miles . Must take some new pics ....

Myz74 wrote:
Sir, I'm very interested in buying, still for sale?
Not at this stage mate. The CR500R is not for sale. I have been made some offers for it though. Take it easy....
11/29/2020 7:28am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 7:30am
Only problem is that it’s in New Zealand? I would say it would be 12 k for a 17 year old bike with a guaranteed seized motor. Lmao.
11/29/2020 8:10pm
Only problem is that it’s in New Zealand? I would say it would be 12 k for a 17 year old bike with a guaranteed seized...
Only problem is that it’s in New Zealand? I would say it would be 12 k for a 17 year old bike with a guaranteed seized motor. Lmao.
17 years ago was 2003. Lmao ?

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
11/29/2020 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 8:30pm
Only problem is that it’s in New Zealand? I would say it would be 12 k for a 17 year old bike with a guaranteed seized...
Analogue* wrote:
That’s the year it was brought. The 04 500s models came out just before Xmas

Also it was started from new , don’t know how often it was over the years tho
11/29/2020 9:05pm
Analogue* wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
That’s the year it was brought. The 04 500s models came out just before Xmas Also it was started from new , don’t know how often...
That’s the year it was brought. The 04 500s models came out just before Xmas

Also it was started from new , don’t know how often it was over the years tho
The new bikes were always started in the Factory before they were shipped, you're right. They were badged as '04 models but production obviously was in the previous year. Semantics. The motor will never be ' guaranteed seized' as Linehauler stated and, I'm not sure what he means by that. Give me a break. I bought one of the last KX500's new, the E16, in early 2004. In New Zealand. Price. $10,750NZD. Included was a full spares kit. Not a bad investment, still smiling..
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
11/29/2020 9:15pm
Analogue* wrote:
The new bikes were always started in the Factory before they were shipped, you're right. They were badged as '04 models but production obviously was in...
The new bikes were always started in the Factory before they were shipped, you're right. They were badged as '04 models but production obviously was in the previous year. Semantics. The motor will never be ' guaranteed seized' as Linehauler stated and, I'm not sure what he means by that. Give me a break. I bought one of the last KX500's new, the E16, in early 2004. In New Zealand. Price. $10,750NZD. Included was a full spares kit. Not a bad investment, still smiling..
I owned the shop at the time that sold this one, and about 1/2 the ones that came into nz that year , it got started during pdi at the shop too ,

11/29/2020 9:35pm
Analogue* wrote:
The new bikes were always started in the Factory before they were shipped, you're right. They were badged as '04 models but production obviously was in...
scott_nz wrote:
I owned the shop at the time that sold this one, and about 1/2 the ones that came into nz that year , it got started...
I owned the shop at the time that sold this one, and about 1/2 the ones that came into nz that year , it got started during pdi at the shop too ,

What shop was that ? Houston, we might have a problem here....
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
11/29/2020 9:43pm
Analogue* wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
I owned the shop at the time that sold this one, and about 1/2 the ones that came into nz that year , it got started...

Analogue* wrote:
Mr motorcycles Pukekohe
11/29/2020 9:56pm
scott_nz wrote:

Analogue* wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Mr motorcycles Pukekohe
I remember going to your shop. I lived in Howick then. Been a while. Take it easy ....
3/28/2022 10:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2022 10:30pm
Selling my '04, decided a few days ago. 51 hours only from new ( motominder) with a full factory spares kit in a sealed container.

I need to move on. Have all the books, receipts and even the sales tag that hung off the bars when I saw it in the shop back then.

The tank -shroud graphics are still there as I had a clear laminate installed a few days after I bought it.They still look as good as they do in the profile pic.

The bike had all fluids replaced recently by a dirt bike shop and back sitting in a barn, on a stand. Under two soft sheets. Don't want the plastics to fade.

Here's my question. I've been out of the loop for a while...

Where do I advertise it and, what should I ask for it ? I'm in New Zealand. Thanks in advance .

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/28/2022 11:26pm
tough call, in the end of the day, its what someone is worth to pay for it, there was a 92 advertised for 16k the other day on FB marketplace, and it didn't sell at all, (I know the owner, and thought he was dreaming, as it was not a like new bike) , flying W motorsports has been advertising there USA import tidy late model ones for 12-13K NZD lately ,

CR500's tend to go for a bit more,

I think about 15K is about topped out in NZ, maybe be able to get more from Australia or the UK, but shipping stuff is a bit of a nightmare at the moment, I think they will be a bit cheaper in the USA when they come up,

kawasa84
3/29/2022 12:14am
CamP wrote:
A good friend of mine has a 2004 KX500 that is still in the crate. He would sell it for the right offer.
I think I know who you're speaking of. Sometimes goes by Dr. Kawasaki?. Has raced the old bike series around the area? If so, I've met him a few times. I know the guy I've met also has a crated 04' and there can't be two of them or can there be?
3/29/2022 12:27am
Thanks Scott. The KX500 is a bit of an enigma. Everyone likes to talk about them but no-one on line has actually ridden one. I wouldn't let it go for under 25k, just saying.

I've got over 200 riding hours on the KX500. The value of the bike I guess, will be determined by the market. . CR500 ?

Got an '01 in the western barn. Zero hours. Covered in a blanket.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/29/2022 12:58am
Does not seem to be any kx500s for sale in Nz at the moment , so who knows. You need to find the right guy on the right day , their not making anymore of them

Trademe is probably still the best place to advertise here still , Fb marketplace and moto garage you will get you a lot of comments ,
murph783
3/29/2022 4:50am
I know this is old but oh wow that ‘94 is pretty

Post a reply to: Never Started '04 KX500 for sale.

The Latest