Never Started '04 KX500 for sale.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2014 3:50 AM

This guy is selling some of his collection, including a never started 2004 KX500, yours for roughly $12,000USD.

Photo

Only problem is that it is in New Zealand.

Other fully restored bikes include a 1974 KX450, 1984 KX500 and a 1994 KX500 (all also priced at approx $12,000USD).

Photo

Photo

Photo

Is there even a demand for bikes like this?



|

9/28/2014 3:57 AM

I believe there is ZERO difference between the 1994 and the 2004 am I wrong?

I WANT a KX500 soooooooo bad for widow making butt puckering fun!!!

Will have one someday

|

9/28/2014 4:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2014 4:07 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

I believe there is ZERO difference between the 1994 and the 2004 am I wrong?

I WANT a KX500 soooooooo bad for widow making ...more

I actually noticed that as I was previewing the post. From what I can tell there are no aesthetic changes, but I'm no expert? Anyone got any info on 1994+ model changes?

Edit: No aesthetic changes apart from graphic/plastic colours.

|

9/28/2014 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2015 7:42 PM

...

|

9/28/2014 11:11 AM

Only $12K for a 10 year old bike designed 20 years ago? Sign me up!!!

|

I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad but it will be too late.

9/28/2014 12:00 PM

You think he would take 5k for the 04 if he delivered it to my house?

|

9/28/2014 12:03 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

I believe there is ZERO difference between the 1994 and the 2004 am I wrong?

I WANT a KX500 soooooooo bad for widow making ...more

the forks and brakes were upgraded from the 94, but not much else,

|

1/11/2016 4:47 AM

Hi,my offert is 10.000USD, we are 964 MOTORSPORT VMX - Historic Kawasaki Museum . Italy

|

1/11/2016 5:06 AM

20 years from now when (if) people are still riding and on some futuristic bike, some people will by happy to pay big bucks for a "classic" 2016 KX450F.

|

1/11/2016 5:16 AM

Those 94 Kawi graphics make me tingly.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/11/2016 5:50 AM

Crush wrote:

Those 94 Kawi graphics make me tingly.

Totally

|

1/11/2016 7:58 AM

If I were to pay $12k for a never fired up kx500 it would be a brand new one from service Honda. Pretty cool to see them still fresh though. Not worth $12k imo

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/11/2016 8:39 AM

Crush wrote:

Those 94 Kawi graphics make me tingly.

+1.. and I'm not even a green guy

Buying a brand new 500cc dirt bike and not really riding it is one thing... Not even starting it is just ludicrous.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

1/11/2016 9:03 AM

People are paying a lot of cash here in the UK for the 500 for evo class racing but they need to be built prior to 1990. But even rough around the edges ones are going for between £3500-4500 grand with some bikes costing well over £10'000 by the time they are restored. The 04 one in my opinion is worth less than the 94 cause at least that can be used for super evo racing.

|

1/11/2016 9:50 AM

The value is in it being unused, once it's used that would be the fastest bike devaluation in history = pointless.

|

1/11/2016 6:04 PM

are we sure its $12000 USD ??

because 12000 NZD = $7873 USD...

so brand new bikes here in NZ cost $12990 NZD brand new. and probably did in 04 too.
http://www.kawasaki.co.nz/catalog/motocross/motocross/KX450FEF/overview

|

1/11/2016 6:22 PM

A good friend of mine has a 2004 KX500 that is still in the crate. He would sell it for the right offer.

|

1/11/2016 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2016 11:04 PM

You could pay 12k for a stock 2004. Or you could buy this 2006 kx500af for $4,500.Photo

|

1/11/2016 11:19 PM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

You could pay 12k for a stock 2004. Or you could buy this 2006 kx500af for $4,500.Photo

If I had the money I would take the stock one that has never been started. That guy has a beautiful collection.

|

1/12/2016 12:13 AM

2b wrote:

are we sure its $12000 USD ??

because 12000 NZD = $7873 USD...

so brand new bikes here in NZ cost $12990 NZD brand new. and ...more

it did cost him about that in 04, he spent a fortune on the restores as well, the 94 in particular (i owned the dealership he delt with at the time)

I know he has sold most of the collection,

|

1/12/2016 11:55 AM

Here you go if you're around Iowa. 86 KX500 for $2k


http://ottumwa.craigslist.org/mcy/5396296020.html

Photo

|

1/12/2016 11:58 AM

Those old kx500's would eat transmissions

|

2/24/2017 12:54 PM

Is this 2004 kx500 still available just asking do anyone no

|

2/24/2017 12:57 PM

CamP wrote:

A good friend of mine has a 2004 KX500 that is still in the crate. He would sell it for the right offer.

Do your friend still have the kx500 in the crate sir

|

2/24/2017 2:40 PM

jacobs wrote:

Is this 2004 kx500 still available just asking do anyone no

Your first post here and you bumb a year old thread looking to buy a $12,000 kx500? I like the way you think.

|

2/24/2017 9:37 PM

jacobs wrote:

Is this 2004 kx500 still available just asking do anyone no

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Your first post here and you bumb a year old thread looking to buy a $12,000 kx500? I like the way you think.

Why you say that. It just a beautiful 2004 kx500

|

2/24/2017 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2017 10:24 PM

jacobs wrote:

Is this 2004 kx500 still available just asking do anyone no

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Your first post here and you bumb a year old thread looking to buy a $12,000 kx500? I like the way you think.

jacobs wrote:

Why you say that. It just a beautiful 2004 kx500

He said it because this thread is over 2.5 years old. He likes the way you think....because if you pay 12k for an old kx500....you must have some money to burn.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/24/2017 10:32 PM

Hamish F wrote:

This guy is selling some of his collection, including a never started 2004 KX500, yours for roughly $12,000USD.

Photo

Only ...more

how do you know it runs?

|

2/24/2017 10:37 PM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Your first post here and you bumb a year old thread looking to buy a $12,000 kx500? I like the way you think.

jacobs wrote:

Why you say that. It just a beautiful 2004 kx500

jeffro503 wrote:

He said it because this thread is over 2.5 years old. He likes the way you think....because if you pay 12k for an old ...more

You sir are correct.

|

2/25/2017 8:16 AM

CamP wrote:

A good friend of mine has a 2004 KX500 that is still in the crate. He would sell it for the right offer.

jacobs wrote:

Do your friend still have the kx500 in the crate sir

I think he still has it.

|