Nerd 2, Matthes 0

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/14/2019 5:56pm
KHI Guy wrote:
Whether right or wrong, Nerd came off like a total tool in that thread.
Just like he does in all threads, If all the tools and dorks and morons had a king then Nerd would be it. Cool
DKmxFAN
4/14/2019 6:02pm
matthes is great at what he does in my opinion. I believe the reason he is so good at what he does is the fact he don’t beat around the bush what so ever. I respect him calling it as he sees things based on the info that he has,not this shady wishy washy info. This cocks guy kinda sounds like Jeff alessi when he was gonna release all this info/names involved in doping.
Crush
4/14/2019 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2019 6:25pm
haydos25 wrote:
I just don't get it. There was a personality clash that nobody is disputing. Given that is the case all the other stuff is kind going...
I just don't get it. There was a personality clash that nobody is disputing. Given that is the case all the other stuff is kind going to be influenced by whos telling the story with the truth sitting somewhere in the middle of the two stories.

Eli isn't winning so it must be Mike Williamsons fault. Eli won a hell of a lot the last 2 years under the same team structure, did everyone blame Mike Williamson for that? Or does he only get the blame when Eli loses?

Nobody is doubting whether Eli is the fastest guy on the track when he has all his ducks in a row, i'm just not sure that the one missing piece for him is the bike when he has had so many dominant performances on that bike over the years. The most complex and fragile component on that Kawi is the rider and to this point nobody has really been able to nail its performance consistently, not Mike Williamson, not John Tomac and not even Eli himself.
Only thing that makes me think that the situation was as Cox said was Weimer reportedly (By Jake, ironically, on Pulp) was held to RV's bike setup...

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Still will wait for the NYC race, should be soft and rutty. If Eli wins there and wins vegas well he's either fixed or he needs the title to be out of reach. Maybe Williamson will have that excuse and the Tomac's will have theirs – and Cox and Matthes will agree to disagree about which one is a jackoff.
agn5009
4/14/2019 6:38pm
KHI Guy wrote:
He very well may have. I definitely didn't get the full read in before the thread got clipped. The issue I had with Nerd's point was...
He very well may have. I definitely didn't get the full read in before the thread got clipped.

The issue I had with Nerd's point was that he claimed to be a "journalist", but stated (as fact) that Williamson was incompetent and unfit for his duty. A true journalist would have presented just facts, and let the readers draw their own conclusions. He came off as having a personal vendetta, or his "source" had a personal vendetta, against Williamson.

Enabler wrote:
Nerd stated that Williamson was unfit for the job of crew chief. I don't remember Nerd stating that he was unfit to be a mechanic. Judging...
Nerd stated that Williamson was unfit for the job of crew chief. I don't remember Nerd stating that he was unfit to be a mechanic. Judging by Eli's recent results, it does appear that Williamson was indeed unfit to be a crew chief.
JeepnMike wrote:
Speaking of which, what was the issue with the Kawasaki's smoking last weekend?
Rear shock bolt was too tight

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
4/14/2019 6:42pm
Crush wrote:
Only thing that makes me think that the situation was as Cox said was Weimer reportedly (By Jake, ironically, on Pulp) was held to RV's bike...
Only thing that makes me think that the situation was as Cox said was Weimer reportedly (By Jake, ironically, on Pulp) was held to RV's bike setup...

Still will wait for the NYC race, should be soft and rutty. If Eli wins there and wins vegas well he's either fixed or he needs the title to be out of reach. Maybe Williamson will have that excuse and the Tomac's will have theirs – and Cox and Matthes will agree to disagree about which one is a jackoff.
I can kind of understand the Weimer thing though. RV was winning everything on a certain set up, all of the development money and time was going the way of his set up. In that situation i can see them telling Weimer to pipe down a bit and ride what we know works. But 5 or 6 years removed from that time, with a whole new platform i cant see them referring back to those set ups and forcing Eli to go that way. We also need to remember Williamson wasn't the team manager at that point either, he was RV's mechanic, so the Weimer directive wouldn't have come from him anyways.

History shows the Kawi racing guys aren't deadset against making changes either, was it 2011 or 2012 that they fast tracked the new bike because the feedback from the riders was it was a much better platform?

Eli hasnt done anything in the last 2 weeks that we haven't seen him do with Williamson around, so im not sure anybody's stance is going to be vinidcated by the results on the track alone.

4/14/2019 7:12pm
Complete speculation on my part but I think the rumoured issues between Eli and Williamson arose when it came to setting up a new bike. It was probably easy to have a working relationship when you have the bike dialled and are winning races and a couple titles. Probably not so easy to get along when you aren't meeting expectations.
Crush
4/14/2019 7:22pm
Crush wrote:
Only thing that makes me think that the situation was as Cox said was Weimer reportedly (By Jake, ironically, on Pulp) was held to RV's bike...

haydos25 wrote:
I can kind of understand the Weimer thing though. RV was winning everything on a certain set up, all of the development money and time was...
I can kind of understand the Weimer thing though. RV was winning everything on a certain set up, all of the development money and time was going the way of his set up. In that situation i can see them telling Weimer to pipe down a bit and ride what we know works. But 5 or 6 years removed from that time, with a whole new platform i cant see them referring back to those set ups and forcing Eli to go that way. We also need to remember Williamson wasn't the team manager at that point either, he was RV's mechanic, so the Weimer directive wouldn't have come from him anyways.

History shows the Kawi racing guys aren't deadset against making changes either, was it 2011 or 2012 that they fast tracked the new bike because the feedback from the riders was it was a much better platform?

Eli hasnt done anything in the last 2 weeks that we haven't seen him do with Williamson around, so im not sure anybody's stance is going to be vinidcated by the results on the track alone.

See I kinda think it holds more weight because of RV's ridiculous riding style. Stevie-Wonder could tell you RV and Jake ride nothing alike, style or otherwise, and it's not like Jake is a bum.

And I also think that regardless of Williamson not being crew chief – he'd have been RV's mech then I assume, it points to a bit of an organisational conservativeness (not shocking for a Japanese company) that doesn't want to push or go beyond the pale. From there, if MW had witnessed that sort of management theory, it's not hard to imagine him applying it a few years later.

Of course it could be Eli, and he's talked about arm-pump and suspension comfort in the past... but again, Eli has won the bulk of the races the last few years, and with speed to spare – you have to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not been close to himself this year, he's had a lot of races where he wasn't even fast. That's not Eli, Eli is nuclear speed and crash or mental hi-cup...but always nuclear speed. Up until the last two weeks, we've not really seen the speed bar Detroit. I'm definitely waiting for it on soft dirt though.
LoudLove
4/14/2019 7:23pm
26 main event wins and 0 SX titles. That's an MW issue?
4/14/2019 7:23pm
Williams leaves and Tomac starts winning. Not much else to discuss.
Eli didnt win any when Williamson was there? No titles, race wins, nothing?
Crush
4/14/2019 7:24pm
Complete speculation on my part but I think the rumoured issues between Eli and Williamson arose when it came to setting up a new bike. It...
Complete speculation on my part but I think the rumoured issues between Eli and Williamson arose when it came to setting up a new bike. It was probably easy to have a working relationship when you have the bike dialled and are winning races and a couple titles. Probably not so easy to get along when you aren't meeting expectations.
Good point. When did MW become crew-chief?
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
4/14/2019 7:24pm
I wonder how his bike will react in outdoor. I just hope the bike will be stable at very high speed.
dkg
4/14/2019 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2019 8:07pm
Crush wrote:
See I kinda think it holds more weight because of RV's ridiculous riding style. Stevie-Wonder could tell you RV and Jake ride nothing alike, style or...
See I kinda think it holds more weight because of RV's ridiculous riding style. Stevie-Wonder could tell you RV and Jake ride nothing alike, style or otherwise, and it's not like Jake is a bum.

And I also think that regardless of Williamson not being crew chief – he'd have been RV's mech then I assume, it points to a bit of an organisational conservativeness (not shocking for a Japanese company) that doesn't want to push or go beyond the pale. From there, if MW had witnessed that sort of management theory, it's not hard to imagine him applying it a few years later.

Of course it could be Eli, and he's talked about arm-pump and suspension comfort in the past... but again, Eli has won the bulk of the races the last few years, and with speed to spare – you have to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not been close to himself this year, he's had a lot of races where he wasn't even fast. That's not Eli, Eli is nuclear speed and crash or mental hi-cup...but always nuclear speed. Up until the last two weeks, we've not really seen the speed bar Detroit. I'm definitely waiting for it on soft dirt though.
I don’t know anything about the company management, but, is there a possibility that MW was following marching orders which caused the friction and then he became the sacrificial lamb?

Anyway, I really don’t care why he left. He’s gone. I don’t like him being called “unfit” for the job, etc. Particularly when the his record dictates otherwise. Along the same lines, I don’t think correlation dictates causation. Regardless of the assumption made by the title of the thread.

Don’t think we will ever know the answer even if Nerd posts his insider info. Who’s to say that the “insider” even has it right? My personal opinion is that there was some friction someplace in the organization and perhaps MW just got tired of all the shit after 20+ years. Does anyone here question that Tomac on occasions has had some baffling performances? I am sure they frustrate Eli more than anyone here on the board and trying to find a solution at the team level could be even more frustrating. Perhaps it just was too much and at a time that MW felt it was time to move on.
ctbale
4/14/2019 9:27pm
omalley wrote:
So did Matthes.
KHI Guy wrote:
He very well may have. I definitely didn't get the full read in before the thread got clipped. The issue I had with Nerd's point was...
He very well may have. I definitely didn't get the full read in before the thread got clipped.

The issue I had with Nerd's point was that he claimed to be a "journalist", but stated (as fact) that Williamson was incompetent and unfit for his duty. A true journalist would have presented just facts, and let the readers draw their own conclusions. He came off as having a personal vendetta, or his "source" had a personal vendetta, against Williamson.

omalley wrote:
Agreed. Nerd was presenting a counter-point and claiming to have facts via insiders, then refusing to name the insiders due to not wanting to “out” them...
Agreed. Nerd was presenting a counter-point and claiming to have facts via insiders, then refusing to name the insiders due to not wanting to “out” them. While understandable, the proper course of action (if true) would’ve been to remain silent. To post a bold statement on a forum, then (when your hand is called) claim that the source can’t be cited is ridiculous.
But really really entertaining
JeepnMike
4/14/2019 10:09pm
Enabler wrote:
Nerd stated that Williamson was unfit for the job of crew chief. I don't remember Nerd stating that he was unfit to be a mechanic. Judging...
Nerd stated that Williamson was unfit for the job of crew chief. I don't remember Nerd stating that he was unfit to be a mechanic. Judging by Eli's recent results, it does appear that Williamson was indeed unfit to be a crew chief.
JeepnMike wrote:
Speaking of which, what was the issue with the Kawasaki's smoking last weekend?
agn5009 wrote:
Rear shock bolt was too tight
His crew chief should be fired WinkGrinning
Markopolo400
4/15/2019 7:00am
I hope this turns into a Race Tech Rant on Pulp eventually.

Or Matthes has Cox as a guest and they duke it out.
500guy
4/15/2019 8:32am
I hope Matthes gets some cronies to log in here and defend him in this important endeavor to destroy someone with the Truth.

Crazy that the people covering the sport get as much press as the participants.
Crossup
4/15/2019 8:41am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 8:50am
Can somebody explain what this is about?
Akira wrote:
Nerd getting redemption is likely, Tomac getting the SX title is unlikely, Williamson getting a nice job is much more unlikely.
So, Tomac is doing better without Mike W. in the camp? <<< This was the issue all along. Wrong. Maybe Tomac should get Ryan Villopoto's mechanic. Ohh, I guess that wouldn't work. He should find someone with more experience.

RV Championships:
2006 MX Lites Champion
2007 AMA West Coast SX Lites Champion
2007 MX Lites Champion
2008 MX Lites Champion
2011 AMA Supercross 450 Champion
2011 AMA 450 Motocross Champion
2012 AMA Supercross 450 Champion
2013 AMA Supercross 450 Champion
2013 AMA 450 Motocross Champion
2014 AMA Supercross 450 Champion

Matthes over Nerd x10. When Matthes is wrong he admits it. When Nerdy is wrong (he is still right). That is when the lying begins to justify being right. (Fake news).
slipdog
4/15/2019 8:44am
This thread has been a total letdown so far...
4/15/2019 10:13am
Crossup wrote:
So, Tomac is doing better without Mike W. in the camp? <<< This was the issue all along. Wrong. Maybe Tomac should get Ryan Villopoto's mechanic...
So, Tomac is doing better without Mike W. in the camp? <<< This was the issue all along. Wrong. Maybe Tomac should get Ryan Villopoto's mechanic. Ohh, I guess that wouldn't work. He should find someone with more experience.

RV Championships:
2006 MX Lites Champion
2007 MX Lites Champion
2008 MX Lites Champion

Matthes over Nerd x10. When Matthes is wrong he admits it. When Nerdy is wrong (he is still right). That is when the lying begins to justify being right. (Fake news).
So Villopoto won those titles because of Mike Williamson? What about the years that Mike wasn't his mechanic?
4/15/2019 10:34am
Williams leaves and Tomac starts winning. Not much else to discuss.
JB 19 wrote:
Lol..... so wait, Tomac just started winning races? I have no dog in this fight, but that's funny.
I didn't say he "just" started winning races, it's clear Eli has won plenty of races. But it's also clear that something was amiss in 2019 and now that MW is gone, it looks like the old Eli is back.
4/15/2019 10:40am
Eli didnt win any when Williamson was there? No titles, race wins, nothing?
I didn't say that, my point was that things changed in 2019 with the new bike. Not sure why that is hard to understand for some of you.
omalley
4/15/2019 12:32pm
I hope this turns into a Race Tech Rant on Pulp eventually.

Or Matthes has Cox as a guest and they duke it out.
Too bad MTV doesn’t still have that Celebrity Deathmatch claymation show...we could have Matthes v Cox...
4/15/2019 12:35pm
slipdog wrote:
Well if the challenger hadn't been chased off after a few wild haymakers from both sides, we might have gotten a better fight. I guess the fight just wasn't in him.
Helda
4/15/2019 1:42pm
My prediction...Cox is on the money can we call it confirmed if Tomac wins out the season?
Crossup
4/15/2019 1:46pm
So Villopoto won those titles because of Mike Williamson? What about the years that Mike wasn't his mechanic?
Please.. you missed the point.
slipdog
4/15/2019 1:54pm
slipdog wrote:
Well if the challenger hadn't been chased off after a few wild haymakers from both sides, we might have gotten a better fight. I guess the...
Well if the challenger hadn't been chased off after a few wild haymakers from both sides, we might have gotten a better fight. I guess the fight just wasn't in him.
I'd like to see Cox, Matthes, and some of those oversized Sumo suits in a boxing ring at the Vegas final to settle this once and for all. The winner will receive the prestigious VitalMX "Golden Torque Wrench" with comfort grip and assorted sprocket bolt attachments.
wolf918
4/15/2019 1:56pm
Crossup wrote:
So, Tomac is doing better without Mike W. in the camp? <<< This was the issue all along. Wrong. Maybe Tomac should get Ryan Villopoto's mechanic...

RV Championships:
2006 MX Lites Champion
2007 MX Lites Champion
2008 MX Lites Champion

So what about 12 or 13when kawi could not make rv happy with the bike and brought out the new bike early? I’m thinking he starter Kicking ass after that.
4/15/2019 1:57pm
slipdog wrote:
I'd like to see Cox, Matthes, and some of those oversized Sumo suits in a boxing ring at the Vegas final to settle this once and...
I'd like to see Cox, Matthes, and some of those oversized Sumo suits in a boxing ring at the Vegas final to settle this once and for all. The winner will receive the prestigious VitalMX "Golden Torque Wrench" with comfort grip and assorted sprocket bolt attachments.
Somewhere in St George, Peely just soiled his shorts.
Crossup
4/15/2019 2:18pm
wolf918 wrote:
So what about 12 or 13when kawi could not make rv happy with the bike and brought out the new bike early? I’m thinking he starter...
So what about 12 or 13when kawi could not make rv happy with the bike and brought out the new bike early? I’m thinking he starter Kicking ass after that.
Maybe, but that doesn't sound like an issue regarding Mike W... which was the point of my post.

Post a reply to: Nerd 2, Matthes 0

The Latest