Need tips on riding mx tracks

So I’ve ridden almost my whole life but allll desert. my dad never had time to take me so I did what I could and spent my 50-110 days in backyard tracks and back fields, then moved up to an 85 and rode the piss out of all 3 bikes till they blew. I then moved up to a 250 2smoke and now I have my 450. I have many hours on single trails, razor backs, and hill climbs but I don’t know how I’d fair on a track and don’t know which track in so cal would be a good start for me. Also most of my “bike skills” lol where gained on my 85 chasing down 250fs and a wxc 500 so I’m not Terrible
|
Dropbear
10/3/2019 8:50pm
It just like riding the same trail, but over and over again.
dimetime
10/3/2019 9:12pm
Corners. Forget the jumps. Just corners. The jumps will come.
10/3/2019 9:19pm
dimetime wrote:
Gotcha so master the corners..but is there anything I should be looking to do to set up for the jumps?
JohnMatrix
10/3/2019 9:52pm
There are tons of videos on YouTube providing tips on riding technique. AJ Catanzaro’s videos are really good. Honestly the best thing you can do is get a lesson. One on one instruction will dial up your skills on the track much faster than any video or tips on a forum. Having someone teach you proper braking, cornering and body position in person makes a huge difference. That’s where all your speed and ability to ride efficiently will come from. I’m due for another lesson myself.

The Shop

10/3/2019 10:45pm
dimetime wrote:
Gotcha so master the corners..but is there anything I should be looking to do to set up for the jumps?
Yes. Stay seated. In fact, just before the face of the jump, sit down hard. Really smash down on the seat as you go up the jumps face.
10/3/2019 10:50pm
So I’ve ridden almost my whole life but allll desert. my dad never had time to take me so I did what I could and spent...
So I’ve ridden almost my whole life but allll desert. my dad never had time to take me so I did what I could and spent my 50-110 days in backyard tracks and back fields, then moved up to an 85 and rode the piss out of all 3 bikes till they blew. I then moved up to a 250 2smoke and now I have my 450. I have many hours on single trails, razor backs, and hill climbs but I don’t know how I’d fair on a track and don’t know which track in so cal would be a good start for me. Also most of my “bike skills” lol where gained on my 85 chasing down 250fs and a wxc 500 so I’m not Terrible
Barstow? Well obviously you should be riding at Glen Helen. It's a beginner's track. A few mild down hills with entry level braking bumps. You'll be fine.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
10/3/2019 11:48pm
So I’ve ridden almost my whole life but allll desert. my dad never had time to take me so I did what I could and spent...
Barstow? Well obviously you should be riding at Glen Helen. It's a beginner's track. A few mild down hills with entry level braking bumps. You'll be...
Barstow? Well obviously you should be riding at Glen Helen. It's a beginner's track. A few mild down hills with entry level braking bumps. You'll be fine.
Damn dude, you are really on one tonight
BMSOBx2
10/4/2019 3:31pm
To add to Harry's insights , Keep the rubber side down.
10/4/2019 5:50pm
If you’ve got a 450 especially, don’t overestimate the power you need to clear a jump. If you can find some small table tops, see how far you can go with just a little throttle you’ll be surprised. You can land in the same spot hitting a jump ten different speeds.

Post a reply to: Need tips on riding mx tracks

The Latest