Need some suggestions please.......

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2017 4:33 AM

I’m doing a full rebuild on a ‘97 KX250 and would like to know what you guys think would look the best. I’m having Faster USA put me a wheel set together. I’ve narrowed it down to these three combos:
Black rims/gold hubs
Gold rims/ Tungsten cerakote hubs
Silver rims/gold hubs

which route should I take? Also, these are the graphics I’m going with.Photo

Photo

|

10/10/2017 4:54 AM

Black/gold, keep in mind black rims are hard to keep new looking.

|

10/10/2017 5:15 AM

Old school purple excel wheels with the tungsten hubs!

|

10/10/2017 6:07 AM

Black and gold for sure.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/10/2017 6:27 AM

Silver/gold

|

10/10/2017 6:33 AM

Thanks fellas. I will keep y’all updated.

|

10/10/2017 6:43 AM

What color are your forks??

I like the idea of black/gold, especially if the forks are gold.

The factory bikes that I can find pics of has silver rims and gold forks.

|

10/10/2017 6:44 AM

A few more tid bits.Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/10/2017 6:45 AM

ga_pike wrote:

What color are your forks??

I like the idea of black/gold, especially if the forks are gold.

The factory bikes that I can find pics of has silver rims and gold forks.

Yes I’m thinking of going this route with my forks.Photo

|

10/10/2017 6:59 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo


Silver rimmage with either raw hubs or magnesium bronze cerakote
|

10/10/2017 7:02 AM

Good call Newmann.

|

10/10/2017 7:46 AM

Silver rims gold hubs only because its an older bike.

|

10/10/2017 8:29 AM

newmann wrote: Photo

Photo

Photo


Silver rimmage with either raw hubs or magnesium bronze cerakote

Photo
|

10/10/2017 8:56 AM

Here’s some of the options they offer. Although, mine won’t look as good as these since it will be on stock hubs.Photo

Photo

|

10/10/2017 10:45 AM

To me, Old school gold rims look the best. I can’t stand black rims.

|

10/10/2017 11:00 AM

A friend just finished his 98 rebuild. He is on FB as Factory Brett if you want to see more photos.
Photo

|

10/10/2017 12:05 PM

paul walker wrote:

A friend just finished his 98 rebuild. He is on FB as Factory Brett if you want to see more photos.
Photo

Oh snap!

|

10/10/2017 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2017 12:22 PM

Photo

Looks like a dark mag finish there.

|

10/10/2017 12:16 PM

Mit12 wrote:

To me, Old school gold rims look the best. I can’t stand black rims.

I fully agree with you on that! I’m just worried how the gold would look on this build.

|

10/10/2017 12:17 PM

newmann wrote: Photo

Looks like a dark mag finish there.

You read my mind sir

|

10/16/2017 12:39 PM

Got the hubs sent out, still undecided on rim color. But in the meantime, I couldn’t find a hydro dipper in my area to get my airbox done so I took matters in my own hands. Came out pretty damn good.Photo

Photo

|