Need honest feedback on why this hasn't sold

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2020 9:33 AM

I know asking for honest feedback on vital MX is setting myself up for failure but what am I missing. Why hasn't this really sold yet?

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/rvs/d/tyler-diesel-toy-hauler-super/7224078000.html

|

11/10/2020 9:41 AM

They have a smaller market being a toy hauler vs RV

- Maybe a little high in price, but having a diesel is a big bonus for some..

But really it seems fair, not over priced and not really under priced...

Try RacingJunk.com?

|

11/10/2020 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2020 9:44 AM

I wish I had 50k and a need for that RV.

I'd agree, limited market. Sweet ride

|

2022 MC350 - the daily, once it gets here
2004 RM144 - The princess
2003 RM250 - Play Bike

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2004-RM-Corona-build,1374304?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=3

11/10/2020 9:46 AM

I was going to post on your original post saying that it was priced too high, but I try not to do that. I believe it to be a little high for the mileage. Its great that its a diesel, but many of the ones that I have come across have lower miles for less money or similar. I also think your pictures are hurting you a little. Clean her up a little better, wax it, and retake your pictures.

I actually almost purchased one myself, but with the age it makes it more difficult if you don't have the cash in hand ya know?

|

11/10/2020 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2020 10:57 AM

So tempting, Ive been eyeing it and would love to buy it from you.
I’ve been looking for one of these for a couple years, I just can’t justify spending $50K on it right now on something I won’t use enough. Is $50K your bottom line ?

What is wrong with or what needs to be done to the coach ? Tires/ brakes/ tranny service/ diff service, etc ?
Any accidents/ repairs in the past ? Original owner ? How many hours on the Geni ? Last serviced ?
Any oil leaks at all ? What is the Overhang on rear axle to rear of bumper ? my RV parking has a semi steep approach and need rear bumper height and overhang measurements

|

11/10/2020 9:55 AM

You asked for honest sooooooooooooo

It is a really nice rig but it is presented shabbily. It doesn't matter one bit but the potential buyers see unmade beds and it doesn't scream well cared for. Just like in real estate people pay companies to "Stage" the home you need to stage the RV. Maybe buy a cheap rug in a lighter color and cut it to size. Throw some tire shine on. Picture of the generator looks old, delete it. It's a great generator it just doesn't look shiny. I would rather someone just read the stats you list for the generator. Maybe look into cost of a quickie wrap. No need to explain the stickers in the add, explain in person after I fall in love. The way you word it sketches me out.

Not an insult of your rig at all, I'm in the market in the next couple years and I'd be all over it.

|

11/10/2020 9:56 AM

The price seems hi for the condition, mileage and age.

For $50K I’m thinking people want something in really good mechanical and cosmetic shape. We’ve got an F750/Cat powered FunMover w/16’ garage from the same era and we go as far as to park it in-doors.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

11/10/2020 9:57 AM

Cause it cost more than the 1500 stimulus check... thats why.... and people with 50k just laying around would rather cut the check on new....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

11/10/2020 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2020 1:56 PM

I agree with TheRookie. It looks dirty in the pictures. I would move it off whats left of the grass and wash it inside and out.

Look at the pictures closer. The outside is dirty, it's parked on a dirt patch (does it run??) my first thought is it looks like it might have been sitting there for a while. The dash picture with the HVAC stuff? Look how NASTY it is. Crud in the cubby thing, all kinds of drink/water runs on the engine cover. Finger prints all over the mircowave, GROSS. Wipe the generator off, The floor looks yellowed, The garage area needs a deep cleaning. Do the tool boxes come with it? If not, get all of your crap out of there and sweep and mop that area good. It looks neglected which in turn makes me wonder of the coach has been maintained. Wash and wax and throw some tire shine on that thing.

With that being said, it is bad ass. GLWS

|

"Hope is not a strategy"

11/10/2020 10:04 AM

McG194 wrote:

You asked for honest sooooooooooooo

It is a really nice rig but it is presented shabbily. It doesn't matter one bit but the ...more

I would agree with this.

|

11/10/2020 10:07 AM

Regarding where it is parked, try some pictures in a cement driveway. Don't even have to park it at your house. I live close to the Daytona International Speedway and I'd drive over there. You get the idea, vehicle condition matters and the backdrop matters.

|

11/10/2020 10:09 AM

Looks like it has some de lamination issues going on left front, has it leaked at all?

|

11/10/2020 10:19 AM

Gotta make those tires glisten. That thing looks very well used and dirty. It doesn't make me want to fork over $50k. Clean that thing up a bit and maybe add a super hot chick in a bikini lounging on the sofa and it will sell quick.

|

11/10/2020 10:20 AM

Better lighting for the pics would help as well.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/10/2020 10:28 AM

I work in car sales, and I'll echo and agree with what everyone said about the photos. I always tell my photographers that I never know if a buyer will read the description, but I know for a fact they look at every photo.

Regarding the setting, try to find someplace with zero distractions to look at. The hardest place to sell a car is on the lot with other cars to look at. Find somewhere where your vehicle can be the star. I'd take photos on an overcast day in your case, as the light will be helpful but not blow everything out.

That all said, wish I could buy your rig, but good luck with sale.

|

11/10/2020 10:34 AM

Agree with the lighting/presentation stuff. That's a lot of money, and the rig could be totally worth it, but first impressions are what makes people usually decide to inquire.

While you removed the decals, it might be worth looking in to having someone do a little bit of striping on it, if it doesn't cost too much. There are a lot of people out there who might just see the white slabs and be turned off because it is "plain". Probably not the hard core moto guys that you think might be interested in it, but the guy with all the tech money and a couple of new bikes that he just can't wait to haul to the track a few times a year. He's the guy who might pay "extra" for something that just looks a bit more "stylish".

|

11/10/2020 10:36 AM

Looks like it's parked in a junk yard

|

11/10/2020 10:36 AM

racingfortheson wrote:

I know asking for honest feedback on vital MX is setting myself up for failure but what am I missing. Why hasn't this really ...more

i would think most people don't have 50k

|

11/10/2020 10:56 AM

has good oil pressure

|

11/10/2020 11:07 AM

Remember you ask.....and don't get mad.....
If you want to sell it, then make it look as good as possible when you put it up for sell. I mean clean and spotless.
The message I get from the ad is that I ( the seller) does not care about clean or maintenance and thus a buyer would be taking a chance at any price.

Paw Paw

|

11/10/2020 11:15 AM

Thanks of the feedback. When I get back home I will probably redo the photos. I've never put so much thought into the stuff you are saying but that totally makes sense. Also my wife does say that my yard looks like Sanford and son in the back around my shop. It has been very well maintained and taken care of, but obviously the pictures don't show that. Thank y'all for y'all's feedback.

|

11/10/2020 11:41 AM

No thanks. I can definitely work with the price, but that is just too low sorry.

|

11/10/2020 11:49 AM

"Don't sell the steak, sell the sizzle."

It's all about the photos and I agree with everything said above. Pull all the decals off the windshield unless they are state-mandated. (And if so, relocate them to a straight line if you can.)

BTW, if I see a toolbox, pressure washer, EZ-up, and VP fuel cans I'm going to assume they come with the RV. Save yourself some time and headaches later by removing all that if you don't intend to sell it all with the vehicle.

Don't "apologize" for the price by bringing attention to the fact that it's lower than most. Shoppers know what the other units are going for; make yours worth every penny and charge all of them.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/10/2020 11:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2020 11:54 AM

piscokid wrote:

I agree with TheRookie. It looks dirty in the pictures. I would move it off whats left of the grass and wash it inside and ...more

looks filthy. take some time and clean it up, make it look like you didn't refuse to clean it the entire time you owned it.

the garage floor, microwave, and tv have enough filth to make a lot of people think twice.

especially for the $50k price tag.

looks like you were in the middle of a long trip and decided to take some pics and list it. put the time and effort in and it'll pay off in the long run.

|

11/10/2020 11:52 AM

Maybe because its yours....

|

11/10/2020 11:53 AM

List it in multiple places if you haven't already. Craigslist, Facebook, eBay, ADVRider, KTMTalk, Thumpertalk, RV sites.

|

11/10/2020 11:58 AM

Agreed with what others have said. Better lighting for the photos and spending a solid day cleaning it up could go a long way for selling a $50k machine. You'd probably recoup whatever cost you spend on someone cleaning and detailing it for you, in helping to get closer to your asking price.

|

11/10/2020 11:58 AM

I think the impression people get from the lack of cosmetic maintenance (keeping it clean, etc) is likely how you treated the mechanicals. If too lazy to clean the floors for pictures, likely the preventative maintenance (oil changes, filters, etc) was not done...they go hand in hand.

Also keep in mind- you probably can’t get financing on a 15 yr old toy hauler and if someone has $50k laying around for a specialty toy hauler, they can probably afford to buy something new...

|

11/10/2020 12:03 PM

I can't see any service history mentioned in the advert. With almost 100k on the clock and a $50k price tag, I'd want some reassurance that it's been looked after mechanically, from the basic (e.g. fluid changes) to anything more complex.

When you clean it, ensure the hard to reach places get attention. If I was viewing, I'd be climbing up the access ladder in the garage to look at the roof for example. Make the buyer feel confident you've given the vehicle a thorough going over, not just a quick wipe down with a damp cloth.

GLWS.

|

11/10/2020 12:36 PM

Last piece of advice I have is if you can carry it for a while take it off Craigslist for a month or so. When you post again you want it to look like it's new to the market. Just like real estate a lowered price or changed ad is worse than a fresh one priced and presented right.

|