Need help quick! Advice on 2018 Husky FC350

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2018 5:31 PM

Okay boys, I'm sleeping on a decision to pull the trigger on a 2018 Husky 350. For those of you that have the KTM/Husky please chime in! And for those that don't, chime in anyway-premium price as you know, but financing is attractive (1.99% and open ended-pay it off any time). I'm a 55 year old solid Vet C guy (my reality now), and have ridden and raced since 1975, both 2 and 4 stroke. Fire away.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

5/4/2018 5:35 PM

2019 should be out soon. I'd wait for one of those.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/4/2018 5:39 PM

Tough call if you are getting it on a rebate I’d go for it. I think last year I paid $7500 for mine no tax or fees. Bike is definitely worth it, I couldn’t find anything I’d change. Great suspension awesome motor super light and turns great. Do it

|

5/4/2018 5:50 PM

You in Canada? I don't see the finance offer on the Husky Canada page. Only on KTM USA. Husky doesn't do a great job posting sales offers on their websites like the other mfgs.

|

5/4/2018 5:50 PM

If it’s a good price: Jump on it!

The ‘19s are gonna be pricey for a while.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/4/2018 6:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2018 6:12 PM

The 2019s...2020s..2021s....will be out soon...so what....F all that!

Go buy this thing now! At 55 you deserve a new bike!

|

5/4/2018 6:22 PM

Bike is amazing to ride. Coming off a sluggish 14 RMZ450 I couldn’t be happier with the choice I made. It is much more confidence inspiring and I don’t get nearly as tired riding it compared to the old 450. Photo
Got approx. 1.9 hours on it

|

5/4/2018 6:29 PM

Brad460 wrote:

The 2019s...2020s..2021s....will be out soon...so what....F all that!

Go buy this thing now! At 55 you deserve a new bike!

This is the most juicy rationalization yet.

|

5/4/2018 6:29 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Don't you have one Manny?

|

5/4/2018 6:40 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

bents wrote:

I’ve ridden the living hell out of’em! Let’s say I’ve borrowed a few...

|

5/4/2018 6:44 PM

For those who own one, did you get a good price on it? I'd rather one of these than the CRF250 I'm looking at, but the nearly10k sticker is a lot of money.

|

5/4/2018 6:49 PM

Yeah, you deserve one, but why not try and get the best deal possible. I would sleep on it and see if you could even find a new ‘17 leftover.

|

5/4/2018 7:19 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

bents wrote:

The bike that started me down “350 Road”...
Photo

My more recently hi-jacked bikes...
Photo
(250: kinda like a 350 with a whinny attitude)
Photo
(Proper Tree-Fiddy for grown men)

Photo
Photo
These last 2 pics are from prerunning the Baja 1000 last October on THE VERY SAME 2015 FE350S that I stole from Mike Kelso in 2014...the one from the very 1st pic...the 1st pic which is from the 2015 Rip to Cabo where my stolen Tree Fiddy kicked “many a Fo’Fiddy’s Ass” up-n-down The Baja Peninsula! Ever hear the one about the Punk-Ass bitches that tried to mess with The King of The Squirrels in The Santa Rita Whoops?

Ya wanna have a really good day at the track?
Get a Tree Fiddy!

|

5/4/2018 8:19 PM

58 year old, strictly moto riding the masters class. I had an 18 ktm 350sxf, sold it after a couple months. I just don't like riding higher in the rev range that's needed to get the most out of it, including jumps for the same reason. I knew going into it, that it might not suit my riding style.

I will say this... It's one hell of a fun bike, and as nimble as a 250.

If I was off-roading, I would likey be on a 350.

I'm back on a 450. I don't get worn out anymore on the 450, than the 350.

Purely preference associated with riding style.

|

5/4/2018 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2018 8:42 PM

I had a 17 ktm 350. bike doesn’t have a lot of bottom, you have to really ride the bike to get it going I thought. But once you get to the mid-upper part of the rpms it takes off like a rocket and just keeps reving. I personally could not get the forks to work at all. The whole bike just seemed unsettled and sketchy all the time. It felt liked I adjusted air pressure and clickers more than I rode it. Ended up selling and going back to a jap and felt way better instantly. If you have the extra money to fix the forks, it can be a great bike. Unfortunately after spending a premium to buy it I didn’t. do as much research as possible. As I think anybody should making a purchase of any bike. Think of your riding style, if you like to lug the bike and blip the throttle when needed. It is not the bike for you. If you are a more aggressive rider and keep the bike high in the rpms you will like the motor.

|

5/4/2018 8:34 PM

Do ittttttttttt!!!!!

|

5/4/2018 9:26 PM

Keep em coming....the clock strikes midnight for me soon! Appreciate all the perspectives.

|

5/4/2018 9:38 PM

Handling is superb, brakes are unreal, engine is so linear, so smooth off the bottom and then just keeps revving. Offers such a wide spread of power without the nasty unsettling low end hit of a 450.

Everything about the husky 350 is just so dialed in to me. Its the complete bike front to back. I havent changed a single thing, not even a clicker. Took some time finding the right fork pressure but since then its so dead on for me i love it. Motors perfect as is. Gearings good as is. Anyone chasing shorter gearing or more low end snap to me is missing the perks of this engine and delivery.

Gets you hooked up and driving off the low end then just builds and builds. The mid-top is ferocious and insanely fast revving at wot. But it gives you exactly what you ask for.

|

5/4/2018 9:50 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

58 year old, strictly moto riding the masters class. I had an 18 ktm 350sxf, sold it after a couple months. I just don't like riding higher in the rev range that's needed to get the most out of it, including jumps for the same reason. I knew going into it, that it might not suit my riding style.

This ^^^^^
Old fuckers like us will feel better on 450's . By the way I am 57 . I really like riding my 250 smoker on the track but is soooo much work, next day I am really tired. When I ride my 450 is much easier. The 350's are similar to smokers , u mast work it to go fast. I see in past that lots of vet guys buy the 350 but then they will go back to 450.

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

18 YZ450F
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
06 RM250 smoker
1992 CR250R basket case
2006 CRF50

5/4/2018 10:06 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

xr70 wrote:

This ^^^^^
Old fuckers like us will feel better on 450's . By the way I am 57 . I really like riding my 250 smoker on the track but is soooo much work, next day I am really tired. When I ride my 450 is much easier. The 350's are similar to smokers , u mast work it to go fast. I see in past that lots of vet guys buy the 350 but then they will go back to 450.

See i totally disagree. I feel like it couldnt be any easier to go fast on than the 350 and the 250 smokers and 450s are both way more tiring to me.

|

5/5/2018 12:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2018 12:50 AM

Photo

Had this one for a couple of weeks and im loving it, cant be as lazy as on my 450 (in the background). I tend to be lazy on the 450 just because I can, and that slows me down.
|

5/5/2018 8:00 AM

bents wrote:

Keep em coming....the clock strikes midnight for me soon! Appreciate all the perspectives.

Imo, best bike I have ever owned was my 2017 KTM 350. As others have said you have to rev the piss out of it to get to the power. Easy fix for that is to drop a tooth on the front sprocket. I didn't really like it w stock gearing, but I am used to things happening fast having been on 2 strokes the last decade.

And you may love the suspension. For me it worked well and because from day-to-day I might ride track, desert, or badlands, it allows you to make adjustments for conditions that you just can't make w a spring fork.

|

5/5/2018 8:11 AM

999 wrote:

For those who own one, did you get a good price on it? I'd rather one of these than the CRF250 I'm looking at, but the nearly10k sticker is a lot of money.

I searched hard for a 17 left over. There are still some 17s out there. (Ktm). I was 7600 out the door 6 weeks ago. But yes, that bike is excellent. In one hour, working towards MXAs posted suspension settings, I had the bike working better than the bike it replaced that I had for years and revalved. Handles and turns like a dream.

|

5/5/2018 8:17 AM

Do it

Photo

|

5/5/2018 10:48 AM

Cleaning my 2017 as we speak to get ready for a Loretta qualifier in 45+ tomorrow. I love this bike!! Photo

|

5/5/2018 10:55 AM

I'm a 50c rider and love my 2016 350. Wouldn't trade it! Do not hesitate, great bike.

|

Indecision is a choice

5/5/2018 11:08 AM

Photo
|

5/5/2018 12:41 PM

I have a 16 350xcf. I currently race AA/Pro up here in Canada. I have nearly? 330hrs on a 100% bone stock motor. Still original piston, cam chain, valves etc... Even the stock clutch fibres. I am not a revver by any standard but think the 350 is the perfect motor. I highly recommend one...

|

5/5/2018 12:56 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

xr70 wrote:

This ^^^^^

yz133rider wrote:

See i totally disagree. I feel like it couldnt be any easier to go fast on than the 350 and the 250 smokers and 450s are both way more tiring to me.

Agree I don’t get where some say a 350 doesn’t have enough bottom or gotta rev it to go fast, no way.

Prefect motor & it’s ktms most sold motor for a reason

|

5/5/2018 1:20 PM

54 YO here. If the OP is pure moto, the FC is awesome. If there's a blend of off-road and moto, take a peek at the FX. More compliant on trails and holds its own at MX (it can blow through the stroke when descending from altitude). But if the FC is a bargain, you will not regret that decision.

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."