Need advice on a sale that is "possibly" went south.

OldPro277
3/3/2020 6:31pm
DKmxFAN wrote:
I wish I could punch someone through my phone.
+ 1000,lol. A stunt player friend of mine lives in Malibu and has invited my wife and I to visit while we are in Vegas at the end of next month, I see that Malibu is a 2.5 hour drive from Lake Elsinore, wonder if I could arrange a "get together", you know....just to have a drink and talk. LMAO
DKmxFAN
3/3/2020 6:41pm
DKmxFAN wrote:
I wish I could punch someone through my phone.
OldPro277 wrote:
+ 1000,lol. A stunt player friend of mine lives in Malibu and has invited my wife and I to visit while we are in Vegas at...
+ 1000,lol. A stunt player friend of mine lives in Malibu and has invited my wife and I to visit while we are in Vegas at the end of next month, I see that Malibu is a 2.5 hour drive from Lake Elsinore, wonder if I could arrange a "get together", you know....just to have a drink and talk. LMAO
This guys a complete idiot, why on gods earth is this thread still up... and y on gods earth am I still responding?
OldPro277
3/3/2020 6:42pm
Eh. As someone who lives in an urban core of a city that is doing the opposite of gentrification, I have had plenty of my bikes...
Eh. As someone who lives in an urban core of a city that is doing the opposite of gentrification, I have had plenty of my bikes, tools and parts stolen from my garage and driveway over the years. I am not letting any stranger who is trying to buy a bike anywhere near my house and specifically the garage where you can see 20k in bikes and tools. That's why I prefer to sell to people I know.

When I sell a bike to a complete stranger, we are meeting in a parking lot 10/10 times. Think of the seller's side. For all they know you could be a crack-head looking to case out the joint to score more bikes or easy to pawn/ fence tools.
OldPro277 wrote:
Hanz, I agree 1000%. GCBC , even though you're a fellow Pittsburgh guy;) I have to disagree with you on the reason to keep your private...
Hanz, I agree 1000%.

GCBC , even though you're a fellow Pittsburgh guyWink I have to disagree with you on the reason to keep your private residence "private" from strangers you meet on a public selling forum. I own a 10+ acre property that has a newly built home, and multiple temperature controlled garage/shops that house currently 24 vintage race bikes that have been restored to almost perfection, in addition to several current model race bikes. In other words, FAR from your "crack house" description. Even though I have highly effective security on the grounds, I definitely do not want anyone outside of my inner circle knowing where/how I live or what I store on my property. Maybe I'm being paranoid or over-protective, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one.

BTW, what part of town are you from ?
GCBC wrote:
I suppose it comes down to your area. outskirts of washington on a little horse farm. If you know of any private mx tracks in our...
I suppose it comes down to your area.

outskirts of washington on a little horse farm. If you know of any private mx tracks in our area that would have me id love some new places to ride this season..
My property would be more trouble than its worth for anyone wanting to rob me. The H1, row of IDPA steel targets off the side of the driveway and brass all over the driveway is probably some sort of deterrent. Also the stuff im selling is typically as new or 1yr old bike or rather expensive car and if they have the cash in hand to come see it they either are in a similar position or their parents are. Getting ride of a 1500$ bike or a beater car I would imagine is troublesome compared to selling for a 10hr 450sxf to a craigslist rando.

That said make sure you SPEAK to someone on the phone before having them over. You never know who you are texting with but hearing someones voice, their vocab & the way they articulate will guaranteed save you a lot of headaches. Sounds judgmental and it is but stereotypes exist for reasons.
My property is a small horse farm as well. (2 old-timers now) I have a vintage friendly Moto track on my property and several buddies have tracks on their farms within a mile of me ,too. One guy has a nice 3 mile Cross country layout that we use in preparation for the PVR series.

But as far as selling items online whether its a $ 5,000 bike or my wife's year old Porsche, I always make arrangements to meet buyers at my business,rather than my home. If that wasn't an option for me ,I'd have no issue meeting them in a public parking lot or police station

The Shop

Chance1216
3/3/2020 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 9:06pm
Didn’t even read most of your last post. I think you’ve been pretty disrespectful to the OP who’s only asked for advice by posting your BS all over this thread. I think you’ve changed the focal point to yourself. What’s the matter? Mommy not breastfeed you today? Apologies to the OP. Paramecium is clearly an idiot.
He has forgotten he’s already posted his fictitious resume in other threads in which he’s done the same thing. Taking away from the focal point.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/3/2020 9:14pm
We're on to a new paradigm. One that has less user-to-user bashing.

Post a reply to: Need advice on a sale that is "possibly" went south.

The Latest