World Mini's

Chains
Edited Date/Time 4/6/2013 4:40pm
World Mini's

Gate Fees: Event Wristbands $60 per person, Parking $75, Pit Vehicle $30 Entry fees $130 per class, Transponder $35, Transponder Activation 1 year $55

Total is 355 without a pit vehicle and just 1 class.

If you get 4 laps in practice and 4 each moto for a total of 12 laps. Thats almost $30 a lap!!

I know alot of local tracks dont make much of a profit, if any at all. I have no problem with a business making a profit, thats why there in business. After saying that how the hell can anybody afford to go to these so called Nationals?

Just curious who was the first to start charging for pit bikes and what year? I would like to hire that guy!
|
klein8
4/5/2013 1:51am
Loretta Lynns started charging pit vehicle fees around 02 or 03. Thats was the first time I saw it being used. The next year all regionals started charging the fee. Rumors at LL's said it was to help pay for extra security to help police the pit vehicles. I had no problem with paying $5 to $10 for the priviledge, but $30 is pure greed and just short of thievery!!!!!
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
4/5/2013 7:02am
I know the last time I went to the world mini with my two mini riders we about had a stroke at sign in, Other than that though it was one of the best weeks of racing ever. On another note, Klein, what track is that your sliding around on there? I am pretty sure we have burned some circles together before.
klein8
4/5/2013 3:37pm
mgifracing wrote:
I know the last time I went to the world mini with my two mini riders we about had a stroke at sign in, Other than...
I know the last time I went to the world mini with my two mini riders we about had a stroke at sign in, Other than that though it was one of the best weeks of racing ever. On another note, Klein, what track is that your sliding around on there? I am pretty sure we have burned some circles together before.
The picture was taken by Bert Shepard at Louisville Downs 1982. What you can't see is Randy Goss getting ready to blow by me ! Lol
4/5/2013 5:30pm
I agree. Ball sports are hundred times less expensive, with no specific reasons (stadiums in city centers etc)

I am a bit upset regarding extra costs, for instance here in France a licence to train & race cost $200+ plus $10 per training for the track, I agree with the track maintenance, but the licence cost is just going to bureaucracy.

Hey officials, we do not live in Beverly Hills !

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/5/2013 9:12pm
Enough people show up each year to make NMA feel like they can keep doing it. Want to drop the price at the World Mini? Stop going.
adub274
4/5/2013 9:29pm
Looks like the prices went down . I dropped $1000 3 years ago for 2 kids and have not been back since . It used to be $80 gate fee . My wife had to work and could only make it down to watch 1 moto the whole week . $80 . She was there for about 2 hrs in all .
4/5/2013 9:53pm
I planned on doing LL's this year but then lost interest when I saw the $40 extra I would be charged for a regional entry fee. I figure it just goes up from there.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
4/5/2013 10:18pm
I spent 10 years doing the Amateur nationals with my son. Between World Mini's, Back to back nationals in Texas, Ponca City, then driving to Loretta's, throw in the Qualifiers for the nationals, Mammoth MX, Arizona, CMMC Barona Oaks, and a grip of other weekly series races all over California throughout the year, I was spending between $50-$80K a year with one kid. Granted he usually raced at least 3 -4 classes most weekends, all nationals with the exception of Lorretta's. Easy to see why I still owe money on my house...

Racing MX is a great way to spend time with your family, but it can also get ahold of you and put a lot of stress on the family as well... The commitment is huge from all involved.
loftyair
4/6/2013 4:33pm
went once, can't go again unless someone else pays!
bana0401
4/6/2013 4:40pm
I guess with anything if you don't like it don't go. That being said I don't see this as good for the sport.

Post a reply to: World Mini's

The Latest