Need a Dutch member's help

Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 10:08pm
I found a rare cylinder head for one of my bikes for sale on Marketplass, but I wanted to see if one of our Dutch members could contact the seller for me to ask a couple questions (mainly, if the seller will ship to the US)... If someone can send me a private message through Vital or a direct email, that would be awesome. blake.steffy@gmail.com Dank je!!!
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/3/2017 7:22am
Not being a smart ass but have you tried English? He might be bilingual.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/3/2017 7:31am
Yeah I believe like 90% of the dutch speak decent English
Motofinne
7/3/2017 7:38am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 7:40am
Most Europeans speak decent English so you could contact him yourself!
7/3/2017 7:43am
Like the rest here have said, don't worry about writing them in English. Most of Belgium & Netherlands understand it perfectly and can write / speak it decently also!

The Shop

philG
7/3/2017 7:54am
He will speak English better than you.
Yep
7/3/2017 8:57am
philG wrote:
He will speak English better than you.
Yep
motosurf
7/3/2017 11:29am
If he doesn't speak English (which he should). There's always google translate...
Bidirella
7/3/2017 11:41am
Good chance he will answer back in English,

You should put the link here, mayby its a bikeshop or something. I can take a look
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/3/2017 2:06pm
This brings me to the question of if the for sale ad/posting is in Dutch and you know it's the item you are looking for how did you decipher the paragraph if you don't speak/read Dutch and need help getting in touch with the person?

Whatever method you used just do the same thing to contact the seller.

Google translate? It's not always 100% accurate but it's definitely good enough that your message will get across and the seller will fill in the blanks just fine.

7/3/2017 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 5:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This brings me to the question of if the for sale ad/posting is in Dutch and you know it's the item you are looking for how...
This brings me to the question of if the for sale ad/posting is in Dutch and you know it's the item you are looking for how did you decipher the paragraph if you don't speak/read Dutch and need help getting in touch with the person?

Google translate? It's not always 100% accurate but it's definitely good enough that your message will get across and the seller will fill in the blanks just fine.

I've actually been to the Netherlands 3 times before, so I'm aware that the Dutch generally speak English well. The issue I had was that the dutch auction website kept saying I'd receive an email with a link to activate my account, but I wasn't getting the email. So no account = no contact with the seller. Already had some guys reach out to help me with this though. Yea, I use google translate for all the foreign sites I scavenge for parts on. Besides, didn't take much translation to be able to decipher "1999 KTM SX 125 VHM"

I'll tell ya where in BENELUX they don't speak much English... Namur!! Took the train there from Brussels for the GP in 2006, and we barely found our way to where we picked up our VIP tickets. As far as towns people and track workers went, nobody spoke English. I mean no-bod-y. Or at least they did a good job acting like it Laughing Still, it was the experience of a lifetime for sure
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/3/2017 7:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This brings me to the question of if the for sale ad/posting is in Dutch and you know it's the item you are looking for how...

I've actually been to the Netherlands 3 times before, so I'm aware that the Dutch generally speak English well. The issue I had was that the...
I've actually been to the Netherlands 3 times before, so I'm aware that the Dutch generally speak English well. The issue I had was that the dutch auction website kept saying I'd receive an email with a link to activate my account, but I wasn't getting the email. So no account = no contact with the seller. Already had some guys reach out to help me with this though. Yea, I use google translate for all the foreign sites I scavenge for parts on. Besides, didn't take much translation to be able to decipher "1999 KTM SX 125 VHM"

I'll tell ya where in BENELUX they don't speak much English... Namur!! Took the train there from Brussels for the GP in 2006, and we barely found our way to where we picked up our VIP tickets. As far as towns people and track workers went, nobody spoke English. I mean no-bod-y. Or at least they did a good job acting like it Laughing Still, it was the experience of a lifetime for sure
Nowadays all you have to do is download an app, talk into your phone and it'll translate it to whichever language you want. Probably the easiest way to get around if they don't speak English. Chances are the seller speaks/writes better English than you do Dutch.

So did you end up getting what you needed after all?

7/3/2017 7:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Nowadays all you have to do is download an app, talk into your phone and it'll translate it to whichever language you want. Probably the easiest...
Nowadays all you have to do is download an app, talk into your phone and it'll translate it to whichever language you want. Probably the easiest way to get around if they don't speak English. Chances are the seller speaks/writes better English than you do Dutch.

To be determined.. Waiting on the sellers response. Definitely priced right, and since VHM discontinued it for this '99 SX125, only way to get one is second hand (or some seriously old inventory). I'm a sucker for sourcing unobtanium parts for this bike

Hopefully it all works out and I get this

For this

Was really really stoked to score a brand new SXS carbon fiber ignition cover out of Australia not long ago for a very reasonable price

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/3/2017 7:40pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Nowadays all you have to do is download an app, talk into your phone and it'll translate it to whichever language you want. Probably the easiest...

To be determined.. Waiting on the sellers response. Definitely priced right, and since VHM discontinued it for this '99 SX125, only way to get one is...
To be determined.. Waiting on the sellers response. Definitely priced right, and since VHM discontinued it for this '99 SX125, only way to get one is second hand (or some seriously old inventory). I'm a sucker for sourcing unobtanium parts for this bike

Hopefully it all works out and I get this

For this

Was really really stoked to score a brand new SXS carbon fiber ignition cover out of Australia not long ago for a very reasonable price

Is your plan to build a complete KTM 125sxs?
7/3/2017 8:51pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Is your plan to build a complete KTM 125sxs?
No sir. Just like for it to be a good example of a trick 125cc motocross bike from the late 90s. It's my old/first race bike from 2001/02 before going away to college.. no plans to ever sell it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/3/2017 10:08pm
No sir. Just like for it to be a good example of a trick 125cc motocross bike from the late 90s. It's my old/first race bike...
No sir. Just like for it to be a good example of a trick 125cc motocross bike from the late 90s. It's my old/first race bike from 2001/02 before going away to college.. no plans to ever sell it.
Nice. I wish I never would of traded my '04 YZ 125 but I needed to in order to get my '06 YZ 250. Funny enough I was browsing bike ads a few years ago and came across a bike that looked like my '04 YZ 125 and sure enough when I started to look at the pictures I could tell it was mine. The ad said mint lol. I contacted the guy to see if he was willing to negotiate on the price and he said no. I told him there's a big ass dent in one of the fork tubes and I can already see a crack forming and that it would need to replace it. He replied saying the bike needed nothing and that it was ready to go. I decided to pass on it and he probably still has it. It was my first full size bike and one of the best bikes I've ever owed.

7/3/2017 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2017 10:30pm
haha wow... that's like someone doing your ex-wife and trying to pass her off as a virgin. "No!!! I know!!!"

Post a reply to: Need a Dutch member's help

The Latest