Need Advice On Best Way To Listen To PulpMX/DMXS While Traveling

10/21/2013 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/22/2013 2:45pm
so one of my favorite pastimes is listening to the Pulp show, Fly Racing show, RacerX Podcast and DMXS. I listen thru my phone on Stitcher. My car stereo doesn't have an aux in so I use one of those devices that overrides a frequency. It works okay, not great. So before A1 I am going to invest in a new stereo system with an aux in so I can plug my Android phone into the aux and be able to better listen thru my cars speakers. so with that being said...a couple of questions.

Before I buy this...are these shows available thru satellite radio so could bypass my phone altogether? I would gladly invest in satellite if the shows or the races were broadcast there.

Any other suggestions? How do you guys listen? Just don't want to buy a setup before consulting others who may have better ideas.

Thanks as always.
|
CR250Rider
10/21/2013 2:31pm
you could download them a day after they do it live, as an MP3 file.
If your crappy car stereo had a cassette deck, use one of these..

or maybe use headphones?
mx836
10/21/2013 2:43pm
I bought one of these for in my van because I don't have an aux input. It's a little speaker radio that has an auxiliary input.

$11 from NY on eBay

yz414
10/21/2013 2:46pm
get a deck with bluetooth built in, no wires and good sound, and try to get one with a usb port so you can charge your phone because i find streaming through stitcher and bluetooth drains the battery quick
10/21/2013 5:38pm
Got it. Bluetooth, aux in and usb. I appreciate the help guys.

What does the Tune in Radio app do?

The Shop

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
10/21/2013 11:49pm
Guys,

In my travels ( Montana, North and South Dakota, potions of
Oklahoma and Nebraska) there are large areas with no coverage whatsoever.

Weird I know..lol. But, I have found it best , knowing these ares to have no coverage, to rely on downloads.

Help me if I'm off and missing stuff, but when there is no signal for hours...therwe is no pulp.

Peace
PS
10/22/2013 3:17am
I have the same issue on part of my commute. There is no signal whatsoever till I get to a particular landmark then it kicks in.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
10/22/2013 4:12am
so one of my favorite pastimes is listening to the Pulp show, Fly Racing show, RacerX Podcast and DMXS. I listen thru my phone on Stitcher...
so one of my favorite pastimes is listening to the Pulp show, Fly Racing show, RacerX Podcast and DMXS. I listen thru my phone on Stitcher. My car stereo doesn't have an aux in so I use one of those devices that overrides a frequency. It works okay, not great. So before A1 I am going to invest in a new stereo system with an aux in so I can plug my Android phone into the aux and be able to better listen thru my cars speakers. so with that being said...a couple of questions.

Before I buy this...are these shows available thru satellite radio so could bypass my phone altogether? I would gladly invest in satellite if the shows or the races were broadcast there.

Any other suggestions? How do you guys listen? Just don't want to buy a setup before consulting others who may have better ideas.

Thanks as always.
Don't forget to download the Pulpmx app bro!!! It's only a $1.99. That way you can listen to the shows live & it's a lot easier than going through the internet on your phone, a lot better connection since your out driving. Make sure you have 4g, 3G never comes in live. If you download the mixIr app, you can listen to DMSX live. The tune in app is awesome, defiantly download that to. That's how I listen to games & local stations when I'm out of town. We just bought a verizon wifi hotspot/card to take with us on trips. It's $20 a month, but that way we have full wifi in the car anywhere we go, hotel room, camping etc. sometimes listening to these shows live, they only come through on 4g or wifi. That way your show won't cut out. I used to have that problem driving home from work every Mon & Wed nights. I would hit 3G spots (had sprint then) & the shows would cut out. I have a iPhone 5s with verizon & it's so much better. Everything comes in without cutting out. Good luck, check some of those things out!
10/22/2013 5:44am
Some great advice here, especially in that last post. Thanks so much guys. Just downloaded the PulpMX app. Man, it is much better than Stitcher. Cool!

I use a Verizon airard for my internet since high speed isn't available and my phone is an Android thru Boost Mobile. Prob not as good as Verizon but where I am neither are that great so better to pay 45.00 for unlimited everything than 95.00.

I'll get these other apps too and going to get the car system this weekend. I'll be totally ready for A1!
10/22/2013 6:06am
Go with the stitcher app! Free. You can even change settings so that it downloads the shows for listening with no 3G or while on a plane. It also saves your spot for listening in segments and you can fast forward commercials. Awesome app. I have listened to 240 hrs of moto radio so far.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
10/22/2013 6:17am
Go with the stitcher app! Free. You can even change settings so that it downloads the shows for listening with no 3G or while on a...
Go with the stitcher app! Free. You can even change settings so that it downloads the shows for listening with no 3G or while on a plane. It also saves your spot for listening in segments and you can fast forward commercials. Awesome app. I have listened to 240 hrs of moto radio so far.
Dude, I have used Stitcher for quite a few years and have loved it but that app gets worse and worse with every update I have done to it. I'm using the pulpmx app to listen instead now.
10/22/2013 6:41am
Got the Pulp app. What app do I need to listen to DMXS? Agreed, Stitcher is sketcy....at least where I am.
chillrich
10/22/2013 6:49am
Built in BT and an app called Dogcatcher. Dogcatcher is so good I even paid for it!!!! Auto DLs DMXS, Pulp, Steve Matthes and Joe Rogan. Can play audiobooks and Video feeds too. All for a few bucks. I don't think Moto 60 has an archived feed so you will have to stream it, not sure why? I love this technology, haven't listened to ghetto radio(terrestrial) or satellite for a long time.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
10/22/2013 6:49am
You have to use Stitcher for DMXS or download to itunes on your computer at home and sync with your phone I think. That is how I used to do it before stitcher.
flyinb501
Fantasy
392nd
10/22/2013 10:45am
Here is the solution guys. It is an application called BeyondPod. It's very similar to Stitcher, but instead of streaming the podcasts it downloads them to your phone when they become available. Then you can listen to them whenever you want without a data connection. It also has a nice feature that allows you to fast forward through commercials very easily. I used to use Stitcher, and BeyondPod is a million times better. The free version is all you need.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
10/22/2013 2:45pm
Stitchers newest upgrade is great. It auto downloads the podcasts and now they are always available even with no service. I listen to them all driving to the lake and then while fishing a few times a week.

Post a reply to: Need Advice On Best Way To Listen To PulpMX/DMXS While Traveling

The Latest