Neck braces... Your opinion

hvaughn88
11/30/2013 5:03pm
They are just too damn expensive!
Not trying to be a dick and I hate to say it but this a bad sport to be in and complain about cost, haha.
GOONrider27
11/30/2013 7:03pm
They are just too damn expensive!
hvaughn88 wrote:
Not trying to be a dick and I hate to say it but this a bad sport to be in and complain about cost, haha.
It's all about the love of the sport though ain't it?

The Shop

davistld01
11/30/2013 8:37pm
Some guys revise to wear knee braces until they dislocate a patella or blow a knee out totally...then they won't ride without them. I don't get to ride nearly as much as I'd like , but I invested in & use both knee braces & a neck brace because there's a really good chance at my age that I'll fall and hurt something important. Screw comfort, and screw limited range of movement. I want to protect my body from damage.
LocDawg
11/30/2013 11:50pm
mauidex wrote:
dude............right, wrong, indifferent.......you are a PAID representative of LEATT.............good or bad you are not gong to speak any truths that reflect negatively on your company and...
dude............right, wrong, indifferent.......you are a PAID representative of LEATT.............good or bad you are not gong to speak any truths that reflect negatively on your company and your paycheck..............so quit spinning it your way..............lots and lots of questons and concerns............NO, yes I said NO evidence that it works or it creates other problems...............so cut the BS and let everyone decide for themselves if it is bad, good, or anything else.................and the bottom line is sit on the couch if it is a huge concern.........moto and the various disciplines did very well for oh 40 or 50 years before neckbraces........
i dont get why people are calling you an idiot, you're 100% right.

Neckbraces are a sham. When there is an independent 3rd party test done (if there has been one done, please fill me in) this dude is right. Leatt wouldn't hire a doctor that disagreed with what its supposed to do..lol
bvm111
12/1/2013 11:25am
Why are we compelled to have these threads over and over, there is a search feature for a reason provided by the administrators.

I don't care what you choose to wear or don't wear. wear as much or little protective equipment, it is YOUR personal choice to choose what YOU want to use! It is not any of your business what others choose or don't choose to wear.

I would rather wake up and wonder if the brace broke my collar bone than wake up and wonder if I was wearing a brace if I could still walk!

That's my choice
JM485
12/2/2013 1:22pm
I know I said I was done with this thread, but I just had to tell you Phil, that was right on the money. It really speaks volumes that you spend your time on here trying to educate some of these clowns who keep trying to slam the Leatt companies name, and just remember that the vast majority of riders know how big of a difference neck braces have made in the safety aspect of our sport. Regardless of the ridiculous things people might post, you guys are doing what's right, and most of us can respect that.
h_reed
12/2/2013 2:15pm
Phil,
I don't post much on here, but I feel like it on this one. First, don't even respond to the guy's that are trying to get you mad. They don't care, they are just getting a little laugh when they get you to bring yourself down to their level.
Second, I have a couple of questions. I have tried the Leatt several times and it just gets in the way. I do not have a very long neck and ride off road most of the time.
I did recently try the Atlas and it seems to be better for me. The big problem that I have is chest and back protection. I prefer to wear an under protector and as far as hard shelled ones go, I haven't been able to find anything compatible.
Do you guy's have anything that would work with the twin spars in the rear of the Atlas?
I know you are with Leatt, but you did say that you would rather see us in something, rather than nothing at all!
Last question. Yesterday I was riding on some very hard packed clay. I was messing around trying to get my brace to work with my UFO/Moose protector and couldn't get it to feel comfortable.
I decided that I would take it off and try later. A few laps later, I hit a big stone on the downside of a jump and before I knew it, I was body slammed face first into the ground.
I wear a 6D helmet and tore it up pretty good. I also scratched up my chest guard and ripped the front of my jersey all the way up to the neck.
This got me wondering. In this type of crash, can the brace dig into your chest, or the ground? Can it get pushed into your neck worse?
Just wondering how they work good, or bad in a situation like a good old face plant.
Thanks in advance.

Post a reply to: Neck braces... Your opinion

The Latest