Neck brace with under jersey chest pro/roost guard?

sparksmx196
12/25/2018 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 11:21am
I have an ancient carbon leatt and just got a fox airframe pro under jersey roost guard. Its compatible with braces but my motivation was to be able to not sacrifice chest protection while being able to wear the chest pro under the jersey and wear a neck brace no matter what.

My old thor quadrant works fine going over the leatt and the air frame will work with the leatt but both only over top the jersey.

Anyone know of a neck brace that can sit on top of the jersey with an under jersey chest pro/roost guard like the airframe? Or a similar solution?
|
752dad
12/25/2018 6:57pm
My son wears a Leatt 5.5 and a Troy Lee under jersey chest protector. That combo seems to work fine.

KC
Spooner
12/25/2018 7:25pm
All of the Alpinestars chest protectors are compatible with neck braces. The most popular one is the A1 and is an under the jersey protector.
paddyB745
12/25/2018 7:49pm
I wear an Atlas over my jersey with a Fox airframe under jersey. Works great.
sparksmx196
12/25/2018 8:02pm
paddyB745 wrote:
So the way the front and back of your atlas sit on top of the jersey with the airframe under doesn't overlap too bad and fits snug?

That's sort of what I was thinking since the back of the atlas seems to sit more on your deltoids than the way the back of leatt runs down your spine. But wanted to see before either retiring my old leatt for an atlas or if I should return the airframe and go with a smaller guard the leatt will work with. - thanks for your reply

The Shop

sparksmx196
12/25/2018 8:04pm
752dad wrote:
My son wears a Leatt 5.5 and a Troy Lee under jersey chest protector. That combo seems to work fine.

KC
Thanks I'll keep this is mind if I decide not to put my tired old leatt to rest and go with a different chest protector.
DJAKE
12/25/2018 8:51pm
I wear an Alpinestars A1 chest protector under my jersey and an Alpinestars neck brace over the chest protector and my jersey. This combo works well for me.
12/25/2018 8:58pm
paddyB745 wrote:
So the way the front and back of your atlas sit on top of the jersey with the airframe under doesn't overlap too bad and fits...
So the way the front and back of your atlas sit on top of the jersey with the airframe under doesn't overlap too bad and fits snug?

That's sort of what I was thinking since the back of the atlas seems to sit more on your deltoids than the way the back of leatt runs down your spine. But wanted to see before either retiring my old leatt for an atlas or if I should return the airframe and go with a smaller guard the leatt will work with. - thanks for your reply
I’ve got an Atlas brace with a Fox Proframe and I’ve wondered the same thing about the fit. I’ve put the Atlas on top of the Proframe but I don’t think it’s supposed to sit on top of the chest protector that way, though running the back pads on the Atlas under the Proframe feels odd. Not sure which way would work better.
sparksmx196
12/25/2018 9:26pm
I’ve got an Atlas brace with a Fox Proframe and I’ve wondered the same thing about the fit. I’ve put the Atlas on top of the...
I’ve got an Atlas brace with a Fox Proframe and I’ve wondered the same thing about the fit. I’ve put the Atlas on top of the Proframe but I don’t think it’s supposed to sit on top of the chest protector that way, though running the back pads on the Atlas under the Proframe feels odd. Not sure which way would work better.
You think its restrictive at all or does it bug you to wear like that in motos/trails/hills? I dig the airframe since its sturdy but all I know is my old first gen leatt wouldn't fit under a jersey if it was greased with butter.
12/25/2018 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2018 9:42pm
I’ve got an Atlas brace with a Fox Proframe and I’ve wondered the same thing about the fit. I’ve put the Atlas on top of the...
You think its restrictive at all or does it bug you to wear like that in motos/trails/hills? I dig the airframe since its sturdy but all...
You think its restrictive at all or does it bug you to wear like that in motos/trails/hills? I dig the airframe since its sturdy but all I know is my old first gen leatt wouldn't fit under a jersey if it was greased with butter.
In both scenarios I mentioned, I would be running the brace and chest protector over the jersey. I do tracks only nowadays (all my trail riding buddies quit), and I’m not the fastest guy out there by any means but I don’t find much of an issue with the setup feeling restrictive. Just feels odd as the front pads are supposed to go directly on your chest if I’m not mistaken, so the setup just feels a little off.

However, I’ve worn a neck brace since ‘06 with the Leatt, had that same brace until two years ago when I got my Atlas, so I’m used to the neck brace. The Atlas is incredibly light and nowhere near as bulky as the decade-old Leatt of mine.
12/26/2018 8:33am Edited Date/Time 12/26/2018 8:35am
Thanks this actually helps a lot. May come down to a coin flip between this setup and buying an atlas to go with the airframe
This is a soft design with no plastic involved that has an impact rating just as high as the proframe. I wear mine underneath, and the flaps at the top you can pull through and hold the neck brace to your body. If you look real close at pictures of marvin he does the same thing. all the leatt products work hand in hand with eachother

https://youtu.be/s13gUrLtDL0?start=10
Mx746
12/26/2018 8:55pm
Moose , cp under jersey brace on top of cp
jbrown15
12/26/2018 11:03pm
My son uses an Atlas Defender chest protector under his jersey with an Atlas Air neck brace. The setup works perfect. Not the best close up picture but you can hardly tell his has the chest protector under his jersey.

Turbojez
12/27/2018 4:21am
If your leatt has a back section that sits on your spine you should get something wit split rear design that sits on your shoulder blades.
I wear fox raptor under jersey, and atlas on it, works fine and doesn't restrict movement
bdeardorf
12/27/2018 5:44am
I have just started wearing a neck brace and in regards to the above post, when you wear the under jersey chest protector, how do you secure the neck brace? Does it just sit on top? All the straps get tangled up and almost impossible to get it connected under the jersey with the chest protector on.
Spooner
12/27/2018 6:14am
On the astars protectors there are little loops on the top of the shoulder strap that you pull through the neck and over the spot on the brace. Super easy.
sparksmx196
12/29/2018 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2018 9:10pm
After a lot of thought and a post on here and reddit, I went to a huge store up in Columbus to try some on together.

Definitely didn't like the atlas I could see why some people like it if they dont like neck braces being restrictive. But I brought my real nice newest helmet with to see how it would meet up, which is a bell helmet mx9. But the atlas almost seemed like it would do more harm in an accident when/if you had a sideways collision type deal the bottom of the helmet slips over the platform of the brace and seemed like it would torque your neck further, just a very initial assumption though so do with that what you will.

Ended up going with a leatt 5.5 brace and a 4.5 chesty ???? 
1/2/2019 8:43am
bdeardorf wrote:
I have just started wearing a neck brace and in regards to the above post, when you wear the under jersey chest protector, how do you...
I have just started wearing a neck brace and in regards to the above post, when you wear the under jersey chest protector, how do you secure the neck brace? Does it just sit on top? All the straps get tangled up and almost impossible to get it connected under the jersey with the chest protector on.
all the leatt products have a "brace on' system. look at photos of musquin closely and you have see the red tabs on each side of his brace pulled up through from the leatt under protector he uses. most brands also come with a harness style system to hold the brace down to your body as well
MotoMatt_928
1/2/2019 9:12am
I use the EVS R4K neck brace, and the O'Neal under jersey chest protector (similar to Fox's airframe). They work very well together.
ThatOneKid
1/2/2019 11:21am
I wear a Fox Pro Frame protector with the Atlas brace. I loosened the front straps on the pro frame so that the front pads of the atlas sit right in the head cutout. On the back there is an upper plastic piece that can be removed (not the entire back plate), and leaves some soft foam for the back of the Atlas to sit on. This setup has worked very well for me for the past year and a half.

Where the front sits

Back Plastic I removed

Post a reply to: Neck brace with under jersey chest pro/roost guard?

The Latest