Neck brace after c-4 c6 fusion and plate

dlewy946
I broke my neck after getting ejected from my bike in September of 17. Planning to ride again because what’s a life without doing what you love you know? I’ve been riding for 21 years and it was a freak accident. My main question is, should I wear a brace or should I not? My biggest concern is if I’m wearing it and god forbid the same thing happen would it do more damage because it would act like a fulcrum effect and have to face paralysis. Looking at buying a atlas air brace. Ty in advance!
|
Wade221
3/29/2019 12:01am
dlewy946 wrote:
I broke my neck after getting ejected from my bike in September of 17. Planning to ride again because what’s a life without doing what you...
I broke my neck after getting ejected from my bike in September of 17. Planning to ride again because what’s a life without doing what you love you know? I’ve been riding for 21 years and it was a freak accident. My main question is, should I wear a brace or should I not? My biggest concern is if I’m wearing it and god forbid the same thing happen would it do more damage because it would act like a fulcrum effect and have to face paralysis. Looking at buying a atlas air brace. Ty in advance!
Totally up to you! I’m fused 5-7 (as well as, artificial disc replaced, and structural post at T-1), and I don’t wear a brace
dlewy946
3/29/2019 12:22am
Wade221 wrote:
Totally up to you! I’m fused 5-7 (as well as, artificial disc replaced, and structural post at T-1), and I don’t wear a brace
Appreciate the feedback man I just read the pulp post about them after posting this but I wanted some input from someone with a similar injury that still rides.
Mx746
3/29/2019 4:35am
I don’t have a similar injury, but I think if god forbid you were to sustain another injury, you would be questioning your decision either way. I would have to assume that you would forgive yourself sooner if you were wearing a brace of some sort. Unless of course your research leads you to the firm conviction that they’re counterproductive, but you would have to be very convinced of this idea to not experience remorse over choosing to ride without one.

Post a reply to: Neck brace after c-4 c6 fusion and plate

The Latest