Neck Brace Question.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2010 3:22 PM

Lets just start off and say that I am not the skinniest guy that rides. But yet I run up front every weekend in the southeast. So that brings me to this. I am in the market to buy a neck brace. Which brace with no money spared is the best for a bigger guy. Alpinestar, Leatte, EVS or any other brand. Just look for something that wont choke the shit out of me. Lets hear some opinions.

|

1/1/2010 8:39 PM

leatt

|

WFO #229

1/1/2010 8:43 PM

The Leatt doesn't always fit large chested guys, even with the sizing maxed out. If you are over 220lbs, I'd suggest you try one on before you pull the trigger.

|

1/1/2010 8:46 PM

If it does fit though I would have to say the Leatt is the best, just my opinion though.

|

WFO #229

1/1/2010 9:12 PM

Try On, Try On! What looks awesome might, not work awesome. Personally, I trust only Leatt because I've seen it work twice.

|

1/1/2010 9:14 PM

I'm in the same boat, I'm 300lbs and an A rider. I can only speak for the Leatt as its the only one I've tried but I couldn't get it to fit properly. I was able to wear it a few times, but never felt comfortable with the fit. I did make a piece out of some material in the back to give it more of an angle and it fit perfect and felt great, but I realized I was compromising the intent of it all so I bailed on it. Personally, being a bigger guy, I'm thinking of possibly using the basic neck donut attached to the helmet like Milsaps used to use and Scuba Steve still does. Just my 2 cents.

|

1/1/2010 9:17 PM

Didnt Alessi at one time wear a neck donut, like when he was a youngster?

|

1/1/2010 9:19 PM

The new "Omega" looks interesting but I have yet to see one show up at the track. The guy that designed it has been involved with numerous mx designed safety items for years.

|

1/1/2010 9:29 PM

I guess I don't have much of a neck and every Leatt was very restricting, as soon as i put a Alpinestar brace on ,I knew this was it and have been very happy with the fit,

|

1/1/2010 9:46 PM

motokid40 wrote:

I guess I don't have much of a neck and every Leatt was very restricting, as soon as i put a Alpinestar brace on ,I knew this was it and have been very happy with the fit,

I have a barrel chest friend that couldn't fit in my maxed out Leatt but he does fit in an Alpinestars BNS. He's 6'-2", 235lbs.

|

1/2/2010 6:31 PM

I tried on a Leatte and I did not feel comfortable. What is everyones opinion on the A Star on.

|

1/2/2010 6:45 PM

im a big guy as well around 300lb , i have a leatt brace and it works fine for me. i dont know it the brace comes with it or not, but they have xl sizes pins for the side , it made a big difference with i got those pins from leatt on the fitment of it. i have had mine for about a year and a half we no problems.

i have a friend that has the Omega and he really likes it. i dont of anybody around here that has the a star brace.

|

thanks to Cycle Zone KTM...

1/2/2010 7:28 PM

my bro is 6'2 250 or so and sorta barrel chested, he can't ride with the leatt, but the A-star was way comfy on him when he rode with his friends (size L)

|