Nebraska Motocross

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2019 12:03 PM

Hello all,
I am new to the Omaha Nebraska area. I started riding dirt bikes and racing when i was in japan but I have never rode stateside. I am looking to race in a series but i have no idea what class and what series i should race in. can anyone give me some info? I appreciate it! also the only series i see is the best of the Midwest. not sure what classes are offered in this series.

|

4/19/2019 12:51 PM

https://www.bestofmidwestmx.com/

BoM offers the standard classes you'd expect at a local race. There's at least one, if not two classes for all demographics to race. Sounds like you may have been in the military? If so, new for this year, Best of the Midwest is offering Military\Veterans appreciation kind of race. It is a one moto format, 10 minutes in length, to be ran at the conclusion of the FIRST motos, with year end prizes and such. Pretty cool.

Welcome to Omaha.

|

Last gear pinned.

4/19/2019 12:57 PM

Looks like the Nebraska state series is starting up this weekend.
NCMA Series Schedule

You can also check out the Kansas series
KMCS Series Schedule

And Missouri
Missouri Series

|

4/19/2019 1:04 PM

Thanks! also if you guys are from the area id love to meet some people to ride with, as of now its just me and my co worker.

|

4/19/2019 1:17 PM

jeffi1073 wrote:

Thanks! also if you guys are from the area id love to meet some people to ride with, as of now its just me and my co worker.

I'm somewhat close to you (OKC,OK) and would be interested. I graduate college in May and will be picking up on riding soon after. It's a bit of a haul to OK but we have some of the nicest tracks in the Midwest. If you're in the area ever, Oklahoma Motorsports Complex (OMC), Elk City MX, Jandebeur's, and Reynard's are all places that should be on your radar.

Jandebeur's is probably your best bet in OK as far as closeness to you and skill level of the tracks. They have 5 tracks and a bunch of trails and are probably the best dirt bike facility in the state. I haven't been but I hear from people here all the time about how awesome the entire facility is.

|

4/19/2019 3:44 PM

This might help too.

https://iowamoto.com/

|

4/19/2019 4:28 PM

Westfair in Council Bluffs has some practice days and races. It's not a typical fairgrounds track on a flat patch of ground like an arena cross. It has some elevation change and looks to be close to the same length as most motocross tracks.

|

4/19/2019 5:54 PM

jeffi1073 wrote:

Thanks! also if you guys are from the area id love to meet some people to ride with, as of now its just me and my co worker.

scrallex wrote:

I'm somewhat close to you (OKC,OK) and would be interested. I graduate college in May and will be picking up on riding soon after. It's a bit of a haul to OK but we have some of the nicest tracks in the Midwest. If you're in the area ever, Oklahoma Motorsports Complex (OMC), Elk City MX, Jandebeur's, and Reynard's are all places that should be on your radar.

Jandebeur's is probably your best bet in OK as far as closeness to you and skill level of the tracks. They have 5 tracks and a bunch of trails and are probably the best dirt bike facility in the state. I haven't been but I hear from people here all the time about how awesome the entire facility is.

You have to be selective though. First thing on a Saturday morning is about the only time we have found the prep to be good. Nice facility though.

|

4/19/2019 6:55 PM

You're in Omaha.......Winterset Iowa is running tomorrow for practice only.....its between Des Moines and Omaha......Its a great track and Tony Kills it with his prep IMO. Just south of town on the highway...you cant miss it......

|

4/19/2019 7:27 PM

Were going to Winterset tomorrow also.

Should only be an hour or so drive for ya.

|

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

4/19/2019 7:47 PM

Westfair is close by. Homer NE has a very cool track. Several others. Go to dillon brothers and most of the info should be there or hit up Facebook and find zack archer. He is a local pro at every track often.

I am also in Omaha! I ride on my brothers acreage north of the city.

|

4/19/2019 8:32 PM

scrallex wrote:

Looks like the Nebraska state series is starting up this weekend.
NCMA Series Schedule

You can also check out the Kansas series
KMCS Series Schedule

And Missouri
Missouri Series

nailed it.

|

4/20/2019 4:06 AM

vetmxr wrote:

You're in Omaha.......Winterset Iowa is running tomorrow for practice only.....its between Des Moines and Omaha......Its a great track and Tony Kills it with his prep IMO. Just south of town on the highway...you cant miss it......

me and my buddy are also going to winterset, ill message you my #

|

4/20/2019 2:19 PM

Fiddler creek is awesome about and 1.5hrs from you in Homer NE. First race weekend is coming up in 2 weeks May 4th and 5th Saturday prepped practice on Saturdays. Great track with elevation.

|

4/20/2019 2:21 PM

Photo
Photo

|

4/20/2019 5:39 PM

if any of you ever wana ride let me know, heres my number, 4023501358

|

4/20/2019 5:51 PM

Gretchen went to Nebraska....

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

4/20/2019 7:35 PM

I agree with motofool. Fiddler Creek is about as good as it gets around here.

|

No brains, No headaches.

4/20/2019 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2019 7:41 PM

Westfair is also really good. Razors Edge and Abbott MX too.

|

No brains, No headaches.

4/20/2019 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2019 7:41 PM

|

No brains, No headaches.

4/20/2019 7:50 PM

Keith72 wrote:

I agree with motofool. Fiddler Creek is about as good as it gets around here.

rode at riverside raceway today, had a blast! cant wait to ride some more tracks and get faster!

|

4/20/2019 9:07 PM

What a timely thread. I’m moving to Sioux City a little over a week from now, so I’m very interested in the Omaha tracks and those in the surrounding area. I’m excited to have Fiddler Creek so close because it looks like a fun track.

|

4/21/2019 5:38 AM

Marcus Beasley wrote:

What a timely thread. I’m moving to Sioux City a little over a week from now, so I’m very interested in the Omaha tracks and those in the surrounding area. I’m excited to have Fiddler Creek so close because it looks like a fun track.

Shoot me a text we can go riding when you get here

|

4/21/2019 11:01 AM

Hey guys, great read as in about a year i will be moving from Switzerland to Lincoln Nebraska to live near my parents in law. This was supposed to be my last year riding and racing in Europe, but had a bad crash yesterday, screwing up my shoulder.

Im used to driving max one hour to go riding but from what my wife tells me, driving big distances in the US is something normal. Anyhow i will be reaching out 12 months from now for riding buddies. the dream is to buy a house with a big enough property for a homemade track and grab me one of those new honda electric crs....really hope honda will start production soon...

|

6/14/2019 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2019 12:05 PM

Bringing this thread back up because I now have a bike after moving to Sioux City about a month ago. Looking to ride for the first time this Sunday, but it seems like a lot of the tracks around here are a bit weird with their practice schedules and only open on select days randomly, or on Saturdays before a race. I’m hoping 320 MX in Norfolk is open Sunday, because I’ll head down there, but I’m looking for any tips or suggestions from some of you that are familiar with the tracks in this area and how they operate. Thanks in advance!

|