Create New Tag

3/26/2020 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2020 10:35 AM

|

3/26/2020 10:35 AM

Photo
|

3/26/2020 10:42 AM

Crazy prices. What does the fine print say?

|

3/26/2020 10:44 AM

Not sure. Was gonna call

|

3/26/2020 11:00 AM

+2k in fees is my guess. how about the 2 yr older 250sx-f still being 1k more then then 2020 kx250, yikes.

|

3/26/2020 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2020 11:06 AM

That Yz450 price is insane. I would be there right now if it were in the Northeast and OTD

|

3/26/2020 11:24 AM

Just called

Only 1 left

Only extra $2400 to sale price.

That’s $9300.00. OTD

|

3/26/2020 11:28 AM

Anybody seen the latest DOL data on unemployment applications? This is going to crater purchases like motorcycles. I don't see how the economy will return to normalcy any time soon.

Photo

|

3/26/2020 11:30 AM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:

Just called

Only 1 left

That’s $9300.00. OTD

$2400 in Fees? How is that even allowed? Such BS.

|

3/26/2020 11:35 AM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:

Just called

Only 1 left

That’s $9300.00. OTD

"only an extra $2400". I'd tell them to pound sand. Extra $240 you got a deal.

|

3/26/2020 11:35 AM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Anybody seen the latest DOL data on unemployment applications? This is going to crater purchases like motorcycles. I don't see how the economy will return to normalcy any time soon.

Photo

It’s going to be somewhere between ‘08-09 and the Great Depression in scope.

|

3/26/2020 12:12 PM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:

Just called

Only 1 left

That’s $9300.00. OTD

Huckster wrote:

For starters, you can't sell a current year model bike for under MSRP minus rebates (MAP). But you can sure as shit make that up with fees!

2and, a dealer is not going to sell a bike for under dealer invoice and lose money, so advertise super low and jack up the fees to break even or make a little money.

A quick calculation you can do on your own. Take the MSRP of a bike and subtract 10% from that as well as any applicable rebates. If the advertised price is anything lower, then expect to get smacked with crazy fees. This should cause you much less frustration in the long run. As the old saying goes, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

The sooner you all figure this out and stop expecting there to be huge margins on motorcycles for dealers to work with, we can essentially move on from these bike pricing conversations.

|

3/26/2020 12:25 PM

I’d have to go in there on my off day and WASTE their time. Sit down with them like I’m a gullible excited bike purchaser. Have them draw everything up. Shop financing from multiple banks and credit unions, etc. Even a service warranty, upside down and buyers death insurance. Add in helmet, boots, goggles, gear. $1000 titanium exhaust. Billet bling, carbon fiber. Then start to question every fee individually. Still act like I’m buying their B.S. Then after about two hours. When they have me sign the final paperwork. Rip it up in their faces and tell them to shove it up their ass. But by all means. Ask me how I really feel. Lol.

|

3/26/2020 12:57 PM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Photo

If they actually pass the extra 600 dollars for unemployment you could end up taking home $1250 a week in CT. CThas a max of $650/ week plus the extra 600. Many people making 50-100k a year in CT will actually make more money being laid off.

|

3/26/2020 1:54 PM

Must be nice. CA maxes out at $450 a week right now. Best part is, if you made over X amount of money last year, you don't get the $1200 payment they are doing.

Some people in my area are going to absolutely ruined. This is why the temporary foreclosure protection is in place would be my guess. But all that does is kick the can down the road.

Los Angeles is going to see a massive real estate market correction in the next 12-18 months. I don't even see open house signs anymore on the corners. Showings are by appointment only now, and even that is sketchy because people don't want strangers in their houses touching shit.

Buckle up!!

|

3/26/2020 2:38 PM

I called a few days ago about the YZ450F, it’s still at MSRP after fees lol. Also they won’t let you not pay tax even if you’re buying out of state, must be a Cali thing. I called pretty much every dealer in SoCal and you can’t get under 9300 for a YZF, 8800 for a KX. I managed to get a sweet deal on YZF on the east coast though, which works for me because I’m gunna be heading that way anyways.

|

3/26/2020 2:44 PM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Photo

Sadly, this is truth .. will take a decade to get back to where we were.... We have seen ugly like this since the 70s... Hopefully the 70s, and not the 30s....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

3/26/2020 3:47 PM

40acres wrote:

For starters, you can't sell a current year model bike for under MSRP minus rebates (MAP). But you can sure as shit make that up with fees!

2and, a dealer is not going to sell a bike for under dealer invoice and lose money, so advertise super low and jack up the fees to break even or make a little money.

A quick calculation you can do on your own. Take the MSRP of a bike and subtract 10% from that as well as any applicable rebates. If the advertised price is anything lower, then expect to get smacked with crazy fees. This should cause you much less frustration in the long run. As the old saying goes, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

The sooner you all figure this out and stop expecting there to be huge margins on motorcycles for dealers to work with, we can essentially move on from these bike pricing conversations.

A dealer can sell a bike for whatever they want. OEM's can't tell them what to sell at. MAP is Minimum Advertised Price.

|

3/26/2020 3:50 PM

Huckster wrote:

A dealer can sell a bike for whatever they want. OEM's can't tell them what to sell at. MAP is Minimum Advertised Price.

Hell I absolutely KILLED it when I was selling bikes by being transparent. Can't say the same for other salesmen, but that was my experience.

|

3/26/2020 3:56 PM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Photo

gt80rider wrote:

Sadly, this is truth .. will take a decade to get back to where we were.... We have seen ugly like this since the 70s... Hopefully the 70s, and not the 30s....

I have to disagree. If we can get thru this fairly soon, I think our economy is going to snap back pretty quick. I lived thru the late 70's early 80's.
The world is a totally different place than it was then, and the economies are night and day.

The economy was on fire until about a month ago and it will be again.
All the fundamentals are still very good.

2008 was much worse. It was major financial collapse in many sectors of the economy.
This is all about 1 thing, the virus.

|

3/26/2020 4:55 PM

You also have to remember a lot of places are laying off their employees for a few weeks or so. I'm sure not everyone will get hired back but unless this whole thing goes on for more than a month or so I think it will be not as terrible as everyone is thinking. In my area sales were record high and honestly haven't slowed down that terribly.

|

3/26/2020 5:05 PM

For the people that have called or tried to buy at those prices, what fees are they trying to tack on?

|

3/26/2020 5:10 PM

I've never quite understood the US way of advertising something at X amount then adding loads of shit on top. Just advertise what the bloody thing costs !

|

3/26/2020 5:25 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

For the people that have called or tried to buy at those prices, what fees are they trying to tack on?

I didn't call, but it's probably that wonderful A.D.M. fee. Otherwise known as Added Dealer Markup. I hate how they advertise that stuff.

|

3/26/2020 5:30 PM

Spergen wrote:

I've never quite understood the US way of advertising something at X amount then adding loads of shit on top. Just advertise what the bloody thing costs !

Because we can be suckers at times and they play on that. We see a price we know deep down is too good to be true and our common sense goes out the window.
The game is to get you excited and in the door. Then they get you all pumped about the bike and right when it's time to close the deal, they lay on the fee's on you. By then most people feel committed and do the deal. Some walk away but most don't. They're playing the odds.

Not all dealers do that shit, but too many do. My brother is a very successful Polaris/Kawi dealer and he does it old school. You pay the agreed to or advertised price plus tax and a $25 doc fee.

|

3/26/2020 6:33 PM

Yzf916 wrote:

I’d have to go in there on my off day and WASTE their time. Sit down with them like I’m a gullible excited bike purchaser. Have them draw everything up. Shop financing from multiple banks and credit unions, etc. Even a service warranty, upside down and buyers death insurance. Add in helmet, boots, goggles, gear. $1000 titanium exhaust. Billet bling, carbon fiber. Then start to question every fee individually. Still act like I’m buying their B.S. Then after about two hours. When they have me sign the final paperwork. Rip it up in their faces and tell them to shove it up their ass. But by all means. Ask me how I really feel. Lol.

cool laughing
|

3/26/2020 7:13 PM

On a related note, does anybody know when ktm usually offers their 0% financing? Asking for a friend...

|

3/26/2020 7:22 PM

Moto Norcal wrote:

Photo

gt80rider wrote:

Indy mxer wrote:

I have to disagree. If we can get thru this fairly soon, I think our economy is going to snap back pretty quick. I lived thru the late 70's early 80's.
The world is a totally different place than it was then, and the economies are night and day.

The economy was on fire until about a month ago and it will be again.
All the fundamentals are still very good.

2008 was much worse. It was major financial collapse in many sectors of the economy.
This is all about 1 thing, the virus.

I agree 100%, and so do my remodeling clients who are anxious for us to get going on their projects.

|

3/26/2020 9:04 PM

Everyone lies about how much they paid. You cant believe people anymore

|

3/27/2020 7:22 AM

Huckster wrote:

40acres wrote:

Huckster wrote:

That is correct. MAP is for advertised (everyday) prices. A dealer can run a 'sale' anytime they want, in print or not.

|