Nationals Postponed - Again

westeast
Fantasy
3rd
7/2/2020 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 1:19pm
I'm not surprised and if I was an organizer or team I would call it for 2020. How can you plan for anything when the policy decisions being made are not made according to data, science or even our own constitution. The data and science show that Covid 19 is no deadlier than the flu and masks were not designed for and are not effective when worn by grocery store shoppers and dog walkers. I do not understand why so many commenters here, with all the information available to us via the internet these days, can so easily be misled about what is going on.
BMSOBx2
7/2/2020 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 1:26pm
oldblood wrote:
I've observed that when people wear a mask they constantly fiddle with it,adjusting it, touching their face, eyes and ears. They also limit oxygen, a huge...
I've observed that when people wear a mask they constantly fiddle with it,adjusting it, touching their face, eyes and ears. They also limit oxygen, a huge problem for elderly. I believe masks are actually helping to spread the virus. Washing hands should be encouraged.
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Now where have I heard that before? Hmmm....Whistling
oldblood wrote:
I'm not sure, maybe when I said it was entirely possible to complete the SX series and many disagreed.
No I'm sure that's not it. I'm not even sure it was you that said it the first time but I'm sure I've heard it before.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
7/2/2020 1:30pm
While i won't throw anyone under the bus, im ok with the case that if there is no money to be made i wouldn't expect Davey to run the series. I don't work for free, and i don't expect anyone else to either. These things are not in anyone's control that has to do with the sport.
hamncheeze
7/2/2020 1:32pm
Methinks there are some anonymous industry people who are affected by the postponement sounding off in here.

The Shop

DC
7/2/2020 1:39pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Methinks there are some anonymous industry people who are affected by the postponement sounding off in here.
No kidding.

Three teams, representing two of the OEMs, are dealing with positive COVID-19 tests and now have to test all of their members. They also have people in quarantine now. Which makes getting ready to race in a couple of weeks difficult.

But yeah, let's get on Vital and then hide.

DC
Racer X
EngIceDave
7/2/2020 1:47pm
Man, this is like the Real Housewives of Motocross or some shit

Call Bravo, get this shit on TV!
Motoxdoc
7/2/2020 2:00pm
oldblood wrote:
I've observed that when people wear a mask they constantly fiddle with it,adjusting it, touching their face, eyes and ears. They also limit oxygen, a huge...
I've observed that when people wear a mask they constantly fiddle with it,adjusting it, touching their face, eyes and ears. They also limit oxygen, a huge problem for elderly. I believe masks are actually helping to spread the virus. Washing hands should be encouraged.
Well I believe 75% of the US and 99% of the non-politically motivated world disagrees with you. Somebody you most likely admire said, “I don’t have a problem wearing a mask. I think I look good in one. I look like the Lone Ranger.”Grinning This thread took a wrong turn and gave a platform to people that make Facebook look.…OK. Makes me wonder Gibby, can you tell when a vital member is posting from the Kremlin? I hate to think that is NOT what’s happening...vital members denouncing the CDC, The WHO, facemasks and science in general!?Whistling
7/2/2020 2:06pm
Some of you need a little maturing. At the end of the day, it's just a race, and if the 2020 season gets postponed due to the current circumstances, then so be it. More important to save lives than to watch a race. I would love to watch the nationals, but I feel bad for the privateers, mechanics, and other individuals who probably aren't getting payed, or have been forced on unemployment. We are all in this together, and should be looking out for one another, not fighting.
slipdog
7/2/2020 2:07pm
I hate missing the good stuff when I actually have to work...

Would someone please connect the dots of the big conspiracy for me?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
7/2/2020 2:09pm
oldblood wrote:
Sooo dentist, doctors and nurses that have been wearing mask during procedures and practice for the last umpteen decades are doing it wrong too? Or is that ok, kinda like protesting during a pandemic?

Btw, handing washing has been greatly encouraged throughout this whole pandemic. It’s unfortunate we have to remind so many grown ass adults to wash their hands.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/2/2020 2:13pm
I mean, the US has done an awful job containing this thing. Had it been taken seriously from day 1 a lot of dead people would be alive and a lot of sports would still be going or be back up and running. Every other country has managed to slow the spread to the point its controlled. The USA doesn't deserve to go racing.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
7/2/2020 2:17pm
slipdog wrote:

From what I gather:

Craaigo thinks DC has cancelled moto as a personal vendetta against him.

A bunch of morans think the virus is fake.

Mask are bad and cause you to get Covid because they dont do shit.

Basically the same shit as every other thread lately.
sandtrack315
7/2/2020 2:17pm
I think the bottom line is the virus is deadly enough and spreads easily enough that we won’t have mass gatherings outside or any gatherings inside until there is a vaccine. Sucks, but of course living through a pandemic sucks. I do think scientists misled people by focusing on flattening the curve and not being honest and saying we have to find a new normal we can sustain for a year or two so we don’t have over a million people die before we can get a vaccine.
slipdog
7/2/2020 2:30pm
slipdog wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
From what I gather: Craaigo thinks DC has cancelled moto as a personal vendetta against him. A bunch of morans think the virus is fake. Mask...
From what I gather:

"The other side sucks!!!" -Unadilla Hill People
slns
7/2/2020 2:40pm
bh84 wrote:
I mean, the US has done an awful job containing this thing. Had it been taken seriously from day 1 a lot of dead people would...
I mean, the US has done an awful job containing this thing. Had it been taken seriously from day 1 a lot of dead people would be alive and a lot of sports would still be going or be back up and running. Every other country has managed to slow the spread to the point its controlled. The USA doesn't deserve to go racing.
Unfortunately, I think that's how the rest of the world sees the US right now. All you guys ever do down there is argue, argue, argue- about everything. It is unreal. I wouldn't say they you don't deserve to go racing, though- that's just being unnecessarily nasty. I truly hope you guys can make some progress on this whole thing quickly. Bon chance!
BobbyM
7/2/2020 2:43pm
slipdog wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
From what I gather: Craaigo thinks DC has cancelled moto as a personal vendetta against him. A bunch of morans think the virus is fake. Mask...
From what I gather:

And don't forget that DC is the Jeff Bezo of motocross, he's worth 50 billion easily. I know he's loaded by the beer he drinks and it's not coors lite. 👀🍺
hamncheeze
7/2/2020 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 2:51pm
I think the bottom line is the virus is deadly enough and spreads easily enough that we won’t have mass gatherings outside or any gatherings inside...
I think the bottom line is the virus is deadly enough and spreads easily enough that we won’t have mass gatherings outside or any gatherings inside until there is a vaccine. Sucks, but of course living through a pandemic sucks. I do think scientists misled people by focusing on flattening the curve and not being honest and saying we have to find a new normal we can sustain for a year or two so we don’t have over a million people die before we can get a vaccine.
I think when the whole "flatten the curve" mantra arrived in March we in N America were operating on mostly data from China, and a little bit of emerging data from Italy. At that time, all the public health officials on this continent believe it was a droplet type of virus, albeit very easily spread. And that it was mainly a respiratory virus. Now, months later we know that transmission is possible via longer exposure of breath droplets and fecal/oral. And that people have non-respiratory complications (cardiac myopathy, stroke, clotting disorders etc)

I honestly don't believe the science community was being dishonest at any point, but really there was not enough reliable data to know what we were up against (I work in medical science so I have a natural bias). This is uncharted territory for modern society, and we won't know the exact correct path until we are through it.

Apologies for the non-moto content here, I did stay clear of politics and religion though Cheerful
crt32
7/2/2020 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 2:50pm
oldblood wrote:
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Sooo dentist, doctors and nurses that have been wearing mask during procedures and practice for the last umpteen decades are doing it wrong too? Or is...
Sooo dentist, doctors and nurses that have been wearing mask during procedures and practice for the last umpteen decades are doing it wrong too? Or is that ok, kinda like protesting during a pandemic?

Btw, handing washing has been greatly encouraged throughout this whole pandemic. It’s unfortunate we have to remind so many grown ass adults to wash their hands.
Actually there was a study done in 2016 about the ineffectiveness of mask for dentist...but what do you know the site took the article down. I'm sure it's just a coincidence like Jeffrey committing suicide.

https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/face-masks-dont-work-revealing…
tripleA3
7/2/2020 2:53pm
While i won't throw anyone under the bus, im ok with the case that if there is no money to be made i wouldn't expect Davey...
While i won't throw anyone under the bus, im ok with the case that if there is no money to be made i wouldn't expect Davey to run the series. I don't work for free, and i don't expect anyone else to either. These things are not in anyone's control that has to do with the sport.
Everyone for the most part. Beside the Craig guy is ok with it getting shut down. All that makes 100% sense. But he’s telling us it’s for safety, not money.
CM_84
7/2/2020 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 3:23pm
TripleA3 (or should I call you Craig), If you are going to start a new username and try to pretend not to be craig.....I recommend not making the exact same points, and typing in the exact same massive paragraph / slab of rant format. and maybe a few other posts before you come in hot on the same topic for your first posts.
Just a tip
Airick
Fantasy
2637th
7/2/2020 3:23pm
Motocross >supercross
DC
7/2/2020 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 4:23pm
While i won't throw anyone under the bus, im ok with the case that if there is no money to be made i wouldn't expect Davey...
tripleA3 wrote:
Everyone for the most part. Beside the Craig guy is ok with it getting shut down. All that makes 100% sense. But he’s telling us it’s...
Everyone for the most part. Beside the Craig guy is ok with it getting shut down. All that makes 100% sense. But he’s telling us it’s for safety, not money.
I don't normally address anonymous cynics with multiple usernames, but you keep saying that I am lying about why MX Sports postponed the start of the series, and I'm telling you one more time that the riders and the teams and the OEMs are all dealing with spikes in California and Texas and Florida and don't feel safe racing right now, as we don't feel it's wise to take everyone to Indiana, then Florida, then where? We don't have anywhere else to go. We had exactly two races announced, Ironman (which can have spectators) and WW Ranch (which would have required masks outdoors, as that's the mayor's order until July 25). And then we had nothing solid to tell the riders and teams and race fans as to whether or not we could have any more races. They don't want to risk starting a series without having a better idea that A.) It's safe to start traveling again; B.) There will be at least six races and thus a championship series. We don't have answers to either, but we do have some time to wait another month and see where things are. NBC agrees, the teams agree, most fans agree, but you don't, and that's fine. Doesn't change the fact that no one wants to start until we know we can do it safely and finish safely.

And as of this afternoon there are three teams dealing with positive COVID-19 tests and quarantine right now. What do we tell them? That we're starting without you? Don't come?

Supercross was able to finish safely because they took some unprecedented measures to do so, and it no doubt cost them a great deal of revenue. Their series was just beginning to wind down when this all hit, and they felt it was the right thing to do to give it a conclusion on the race track, and we all appreciated the effort and were cheering them on. Don't forget they were delayed several times because of coronavirus spikes like the ones we're seeing now.

People aren't going to go to Indiana and stay for six weeks in the same place and race without fans so we can have a 2020 MX championship, and I don't blame them. We are hoping things are better in a month and then we can start and finish an abbreviated series, in places that allow us to hold such events.

If you have any problems with any of this, just email your concerns or suggestions: DC@racerxonline.com

I know you won't. So don't come on here and hide and keep calling me a liar because we postponed motocross (again) because we're in the middle of a pandemic (still) in America. Every sport and country in the world is dealing with the same issues and concerns in the same uncharted-territory.

DC
Racer X
7/2/2020 5:02pm
Holy shit, science and research are continually on going and findings can change overtime? When the fuck did that start?
kpiper
7/2/2020 5:02pm
endurox wrote:
2 12 hour motos for the championship
That would make Tomac 4 time champ!
Mr. Info
7/2/2020 5:19pm
Its not about you its not about me its about the sport worldwide and being safe for everyone an Davey is using the common sense that I see missing here. We don't have to like it but we do have to live through it. I hope it never affects any of you, I have not caught it but my next door neighbor lost his uncle. I have a co-worker with immune issues in a ICU in Florida on a ventilator for a week so far and some other friends wife and son who got sick.
But thats still not enough for some of you. There is a lot of money put out to hold a National and without fans its a washout. Watch old Vids, go out and ride with friends and when DC knows its ok to take that risk for MX Sports, the tracks who support the series and the teams and riders and then the fans they will try and see if it can happen. If not then work for next year and make each round bigger and better next year. Take a step back and just thank everyone for thinking about everything and everyone else. To think someone likes this is just plain asinine.
Sorry DC sooner or later they have to see the whole picture.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/2/2020 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 5:56pm
kpiper wrote:
That would make Tomac 4 time champ!
And about 50 clutches!!! It amazes me how hard he pushes a 450.

Post a reply to: Nationals Postponed - Again

The Latest