Nationals Postponed - Again

EngIceDave
7/1/2020 4:34pm
Anton_514 wrote:
[url=https://www.swapmotolive.com/tim-cotter-on-the-fly-racing-swapmoto-podcast/podcasts/swapmoto-podcast/]Got on the phone with Tim Cotter if you want to hear some more details from MX Sports' side of things. [/url]There'll be a transcription done...
Got on the phone with Tim Cotter if you want to hear some more details from MX Sports' side of things. There'll be a transcription done tomorrow for those of you that prefer to read.

(Sorry for spamming/linking out, but information from the source will bring more clarity to the situation than the emotional meltdowns we've seen in every thread since March.)
Hey, you stop seeking facts and being rational

We can't have that

You stop that right now
Mr. Info
7/1/2020 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 5:00pm
Its all about you wanting a race. Because you can't think beyond yourself and understand its not anywhere near as easy as SLC was. It has a lot to do with the financial side of things for the riders, teams and sponsors and Feld to meet obligations. You need to also understand this is also a Business as well as a Sport. About 90% or greater never see the cost side of everything that has to be done so you can sit in the stands or along the track or just watch it at home, Guys its not all free. People have to be paid and others have to pay people.
The Outdoors are only the same as the classes and a start and finish but after and before its all different including the bike setup. And guess what it all cost money starting with advertisement, travel for staff to secure contracts and have meetings. Hiring the crew to unload every piece of infrastructure and redesign for new tracks and new sponsors and then put it away. The simple things to you like printing shirts for each race. I hope they did not start that already cause now those are discount shirts and another loss.
Lets see what the teams have to do. Outdoor testing and going through new parts and designing new parts. Trucks have to be gone through and cleaned out of SX stuff and reload. That takes a crew to do. Mechanics have to travel to where the rider is for testing, another cost. Shop time building parts. Then there's the booking of flights for everyone and hotels and rental cars and this all cost money.
Now the tracks, design and test layout. Cost for equipment rentals for track work and all the parts involved with that and it cost money. Fencing, Porta Potties, PA system rental and all the staff for all the office work to make sure all the passes and vendors are all set up. Security hired to protect things at night. Pro Purse, and lets not forget the people hired to clean up after an event. And some staff has to stay there a couple days for equipment pick up and it all needs to be gassed or fueled up,
Oh lets not forget the MX Sports crew that has all their stuff to take down wash and load up for the next race. That's a cost as well.

This all ain't free and if any part of the wheel loses something the cost increase. If people don't show the wheel loses and next year the wheel might not be there on either side and its done.

Think about what so many do to make a race and the cost and then don't be so selfish.

The Shop

Mr. Info
7/1/2020 5:03pm
I forgot to say thank you Davey for the forward thinking. This year is about surviving it and hoping for a new and better start next year.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/1/2020 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 5:08pm
Not sure what people expected. Covid cases are going up, and Drs predict no end in site for years.

mx617
7/1/2020 5:22pm
Everything about this thread makes me sad.
crowe176
7/1/2020 5:40pm
Is the dirt still in Rice Eccles Stadium? Asking for a friend.
kpiper
7/1/2020 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 5:53pm
disbanded wrote:
One would think people might learn not to discuss politics on here.
The thing is "everything" revolving around if there will be nationals or not is political right now. Governments are political and governments will be making the decision on allowing these races or not.

So it is hard to discuss this topic without it.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/1/2020 5:57pm
disbanded wrote:
kpiper wrote:
The thing is "everything" revolving around if there will be nationals or not is political right now. Governments are political and governments will be making the...
The thing is "everything" revolving around if there will be nationals or not is political right now. Governments are political and governments will be making the decision on allowing these races or not.

But don't be surprised when the entire thread disappears
7/1/2020 5:58pm
Its time to focus on our own riding, training and bike builds. All things we can do alone and forget about pro racing until 2021 or later. Its not the end of the world guys.
kpiper
7/1/2020 6:09pm
disbanded wrote:
kpiper wrote:
The thing is "everything" revolving around if there will be nationals or not is political right now. Governments are political and governments will be making the...

disbanded wrote:
I hear you and of course, they have the right to delete any thread they want to but really...think about it...this country was formed on free speech.

This is a 'discussion' forum. As long as the debate is about MX and somewhat civil let people talk.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
7/1/2020 6:12pm
kpiper wrote:

disbanded wrote:
kpiper wrote:
I hear you and of course, they have the right to delete any thread they want to but really...think about it...this country was formed on free...
I hear you and of course, they have the right to delete any thread they want to but really...think about it...this country was formed on free speech.

This is a 'discussion' forum. As long as the debate is about MX and somewhat civil let people talk.
Key word, Civil. Hard for some to do, including myself sometimes. A lot of stubborn mofos in here.
7/1/2020 6:18pm
kpiper wrote:

disbanded wrote:
kpiper wrote:
I hear you and of course, they have the right to delete any thread they want to but really...think about it...this country was formed on free...

This is no longer the country you speak of. Hasn't been for the last 30yrs. Live in merica is the greatest chest pounding denial as long as you wish.
hamncheeze
7/1/2020 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 6:20pm
Anyone who is screaming and stomping his feet about no racing on July 18th, what are you personally doing to ensure that it can happen later on?? Like it or not, THE FUCKING PANDEMIC IS REAL. If you want racing to come back, do your part, tell your family and friends, just take actions that reduce the potential for spread. The case numbers and government actions are DIRECTLY RELATED. It's not about someone stealing your freedom, denying your rights. It's about doing something for the greater good, that is greater than YOU.

The only things I've learned here: Outdoors are postponed. And DC is a great guy for giving us his time and suffering the idiots.
kpiper
7/1/2020 6:28pm
There is still plenty of time to get a series in. Take it into the fall like the old Trans-AMA days!

On a side note, I heard the delay is all about Roger getting more time for Marv to be ready. Wink
gym_jackets
7/1/2020 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 6:31pm
kpiper wrote:
There is still plenty of time to get a series in. Take it into the fall like the old Trans-AMA days! On a side note, I...
There is still plenty of time to get a series in. Take it into the fall like the old Trans-AMA days!

On a side note, I heard the delay is all about Roger getting more time for Marv to be ready. Wink
I hope they get the series in. I also really doubt it is going to happen. Unless Nationals can function without fans, I don't see the series coming back this year.
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/1/2020 6:37pm
Rupert X wrote:
Calling all tracks in Montana, Nebraska & The Dakotas. Want to host a National ? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/01/435588/s1200_D3671465_C5EF_474C_96B4_DF6721661730.jpg[/img]
Calling all tracks in Montana, Nebraska & The Dakotas. Want to host a National ?
Last weekend we kicked off the new CMMX series up here in Montana. 271 riders and perfect conditions. Everyone followed the social distancing guidelines and things...
Last weekend we kicked off the new CMMX series up here in Montana. 271 riders and perfect conditions. Everyone followed the social distancing guidelines and things were done by 3:30pm, it was an awesome day. Here are a few pics from the weekend. The cool thing this weekend was all the first time racers, the industry boom of sales showed out at the track, great for moto! Clearly there is no where up here for a national but we are open for moto.

https://justinquinnphotography.smugmug.com/All-Sports/Adult-Sports/CMMX…
Awesome-My wife and I drove down to Helena 3 years ago to do some mountain biking for a week-we LOVED Helena and all that it offered. Nice to see you all can go racing safely.
7/1/2020 7:08pm
Face it, the USA federal government shit the bed on controlling the virus and a bunch of you still haven’t learned your lesson yet. Hopefully, some of the National racers will get backing from their teams and go compete in the World Motocross Championship, given that most of Europe has got a handle on the outbreak. They could even hold races in other countries such as Japan, South Korea, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Unfortunately, I don’t think USA residents would be able to attend the races because of the COVID outbreak that every country in the world is trying to avoid except the USA. Do stupid things, you win stupid prizes.
CM_84
7/1/2020 7:23pm
One positive of being a niche sport is the interaction we as fans can have with riders, team guys and management such as DC.

Pretty cool that he came on here to discuss the issue with the fans. I am fairly confident in saying that when the NBA season was postponed Adam Silver didn't jump on some forums to engage with fans.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
7/1/2020 7:25pm
How about Mesquite MX in Mesquite, NV? Far enough away from everything to create a “bubble”... pipe dreams, I know. But that’s like 4 places now with enough social distance from the rest of the world to Race!!!
7/1/2020 7:37pm
Press516 wrote:
How about Mandan Motocross in ND? This place looks like it has potential!! Seriously, the NBA is doing the "bubble" in Orlando. SX pulled it off...
How about Mandan Motocross in ND? This place looks like it has potential!!

Seriously, the NBA is doing the "bubble" in Orlando. SX pulled it off in SLC and Golf is going, NASCAR is going, has to be a way if we can find the "place" to do it.

Micky Diamond has a track in the Dakotas also. It,s close to the sturgis biker massive event. Miles and miles of camping etc. Perfect location just have a 2 races per week like sx. Truckers are still working in all the states, some states it,s hard to get food tho. But where making it.
TeamGreen
7/1/2020 7:41pm
Press516 wrote:
How about Mandan Motocross in ND? This place looks like it has potential!! Seriously, the NBA is doing the "bubble" in Orlando. SX pulled it off...

Seriously, the NBA is doing the "bubble" in Orlando. SX pulled it off in SLC and Golf is going, NASCAR is going, has to be a way if we can find the "place" to do it.

Micky Diamond has a track in the Dakotas also. It,s close to the sturgis biker massive event. Miles and miles of camping etc. Perfect location just...
Micky Diamond has a track in the Dakotas also. It,s close to the sturgis biker massive event. Miles and miles of camping etc. Perfect location just have a 2 races per week like sx. Truckers are still working in all the states, some states it,s hard to get food tho. But where making it.
What the hell are you guys thinking?
Racing...?
Having fun!?!?!?!?

Can't you see that other people are having a Non-Motoesque Ridiculous Political Argument in here!
Grinning

oldblood
7/1/2020 7:57pm
I would like to know what teams/riders don't want to race.
They should own it.

It's probably Cooper Webb.

(sarcasm).
Brent_KS
7/1/2020 7:59pm
Press516 wrote:

Didn’t think I’d ever see someone post a local track of mine haha, it is a really fun track though!
Press516
Fantasy
90th
7/1/2020 8:10pm
Press516 wrote:

Brent_KS wrote:
Didn’t think I’d ever see someone post a local track of mine haha, it is a really fun track though!
I'm just trying to find the Holy Grail of enough acres of quality dirt, enough equipment nearby to build a national caliber track, enough social distancing to keep everyone happy and enough motivation to actually do it.

Moto on!!!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
7/1/2020 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 8:19pm
If you watch our local news. They will tell you that our hospitals are over flowing and they have no beds available. I have been in these local hospitals and they say they have not had one confirmed Case yet. Something is up is all i know. Now i do think its real, but feel like we are being played.
newmason
7/1/2020 8:18pm
Press516 wrote:
How about Mesquite MX in Mesquite, NV? Far enough away from everything to create a “bubble”... pipe dreams, I know. But that’s like 4 places now...
How about Mesquite MX in Mesquite, NV? Far enough away from everything to create a “bubble”... pipe dreams, I know. But that’s like 4 places now with enough social distance from the rest of the world to Race!!!
Mesquite MX is an 80 and 65s track
Chance1216
7/1/2020 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 8:26pm
If you watch our local news. They will tell you that our hospitals are over flowing and they have no beds available. I have been in...
If you watch our local news. They will tell you that our hospitals are over flowing and they have no beds available. I have been in these local hospitals and they say they have not had one confirmed Case yet. Something is up is all i know. Now i do think its real, but feel like we are being played.
Well, in Seattle they’re celebrating “The Summer of Love”. Nothing going on here.😉
Hope your doing well bro.

Post a reply to: Nationals Postponed - Again

The Latest