Nathan Watson joins Honda SR

Here is the full news

"Getting bigger and bigger ever each years, French Sand championship is now one of the main goals for Honda SR Motoblouz. On the podium at the Enduropale of Touquet 2020, the team will be even stronger for the 2020-2021 campaign.

If the Touquet is the biggest race of the sand season, it is also a real championship with 7 rounds having a big success from October to February.
The MXGP schedule that Jeremy Van Horebeek and Valentin Guillod are racing for has changed a lot this year due to the covid-19, so it was obvious for us to create a second team to race the French sand season fully prepared.

Josse Sallefranque made a very nice shot by convincing Great Britain's Nathan Watson and his manager Christophe Meyer to join them. Winner of the 2019 enduropale du Touquet and the reigning French champion, Nathan is one of the very best enduro rider in the world and he is just as good on the beach and on a motocross track. He will lead a very strong team of three riders, with Netherlands's Lars Van Berkel (6th at the last Touquet) and French rider Richard Fura.

The three of them will work with Christophe Meyer, which has work with the best enduro riders for the last 15 years and also work for the sand season the last three years."

So the team has now 5 riders :

Jeremy Van Horebeek
Valentin Guillod
Nathan Watson
Lars Van Berkel
Richard Fura

Great for them.
|
LungButter
8/26/2020 8:28am
I like Nathan Watson. Seems kinda crazy he'd leave Factory KTM but I also don't think he enjoys pushing his bike around all day at the extreme events they make him do.
philG
8/26/2020 1:38pm
Is he still gonna be sponsored by Red Bull ?
I expect he will stay a Red Bull Athlete , unless there is a clash.
Bidirella
8/26/2020 1:47pm
That team must have a killer budget right?

2 fulltime MXGP riders
Getting Watson from KTM and being full pro
Hiring Van Berkel who gived up his normal job and turning pro for those races.

That’s some serious money, bikes and parts all combined.

The Shop

philG
8/26/2020 1:58pm
Bidirella wrote:
That team must have a killer budget right? 2 fulltime MXGP riders Getting Watson from KTM and being full pro Hiring Van Berkel who gived up...
That team must have a killer budget right?

2 fulltime MXGP riders
Getting Watson from KTM and being full pro
Hiring Van Berkel who gived up his normal job and turning pro for those races.

That’s some serious money, bikes and parts all combined.
The french dont piss about, a lot of money in the beach racing series, and as far as i am aware they are the main Honda team in France.

But a strong team for sure, and JVH will be glad of a winter break for sure.
LVB107
Fantasy
2547th
8/26/2020 11:05pm
I was about time to go with retirement and focus on beach racing Wink let’s hope this COVID won’t cancel to much racing, otherwise i am back at the desk soon.. haha
8/27/2020 12:16am
LVB107 wrote:
I was about time to go with retirement and focus on beach racing ;) let’s hope this COVID won’t cancel to much racing, otherwise i am...
I was about time to go with retirement and focus on beach racing Wink let’s hope this COVID won’t cancel to much racing, otherwise i am back at the desk soon.. haha
Congrats on your new ride.
chuckdavies
8/27/2020 12:35am
LVB107 wrote:
I was about time to go with retirement and focus on beach racing ;) let’s hope this COVID won’t cancel to much racing, otherwise i am...
Congrats and good luck!
Titane
8/27/2020 12:38am
LungButter wrote:
I like Nathan Watson. Seems kinda crazy he'd leave Factory KTM but I also don't think he enjoys pushing his bike around all day at the...
I like Nathan Watson. Seems kinda crazy he'd leave Factory KTM but I also don't think he enjoys pushing his bike around all day at the extreme events they make him do.
He’s not leaving .. Ktm do not keep going in this championship.
That’s why the trainer signed with Watson

Post a reply to: Nathan Watson joins Honda SR

The Latest