Namura piston

benj4030
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2014 2:04pm
Looking to put on in my 05 rm 125 ... what do you think about these? thx
|
Big Lenny
5/26/2014 11:17am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2014 11:22am
Never used one, but I have used this one from Germany...

Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
5/26/2014 11:26am
Dayum Socket, some of those dudes on Thumper are getting 20-40 hours on them with a two-stroke?!?!?! I just ran my first Namura in my '04 CR250, changed it after 7 hours of racing and practice (followed the Honda manual time-wise) and the piston was fine. Don't think I would EVER run one to 20 hours, let alone 40!

The Shop

Socket946
5/26/2014 11:30am
I went with the wiseco.

Ask 1 million people about pistons...

You'll get 1 million answers.

OEM is safe, I am a big fan of forged personally.

Brands like Namura worry me.
Rooster
5/26/2014 11:37am
Namura makes OEM pistons and also has their own line of aftermarket.

I sold tons and tons and tons of them when I was in the business. I was also in charge of warranty returns. There was a few that came back, but we stood behind them as the return rate was so minor. We even covered damage to a cylinder when it happened. I think we had to do that twice, but we easily sold tens of thousands of them so it was no big deal overall.

Most of the mechanics hated forged and wanted the cast pistons like the OEM's. Mainly due to cold seizure issues. Being in Canada, early and late season riding means big temperature swings.
Socket946
5/26/2014 11:42am
Rooster wrote:
Namura makes OEM pistons and also has their own line of aftermarket. I sold tons and tons and tons of them when I was in the...

I sold tons and tons and tons of them when I was in the business. I was also in charge of warranty returns. There was a few that came back, but we stood behind them as the return rate was so minor. We even covered damage to a cylinder when it happened. I think we had to do that twice, but we easily sold tens of thousands of them so it was no big deal overall.

Most of the mechanics hated forged and wanted the cast pistons like the OEM's. Mainly due to cold seizure issues. Being in Canada, early and late season riding means big temperature swings.
Why not just properly warm the bike up before riding it?
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
5/26/2014 11:54am
Rooster wrote:
Namura makes OEM pistons and also has their own line of aftermarket. I sold tons and tons and tons of them when I was in the...

They sure as hell wouldn't stand behind their product when 1/8" of a circlip broke off, taking the cylinder and head with it.

From Namura:
"I was able to run this by our warranty staff. What we are willing to do is replace the piston kit. Due to the abnormal nature of this failure, this is all I am authorized to provide."

Wtf! if it was a normal failure they'd have covered the cylinder/head? There were maybe 2-3 tanks of fuel run through the motor, it wasn't some high hour deal. The rest of the circlip stayed in the piston, just about 1/8" of the clip broke off. Metallurgy issue, imo.

They can pound sand.
youwish16
5/26/2014 2:04pm
From MY OWN experience, I would not recommend Namura. I had one come apart and destroy the cylinder. Some other people may have had better luck than me and may recommend them.

Like has already been stated, you can ask a million people and get a million different answers. It's ultimately up to you to decide.

Post a reply to: Namura piston

The Latest