NZ North Island MX tracks?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2018 2:01 PM

Currently touring around the North Island. Where are the most scenic MX tracks that I, er we can accidentally come across. This whole Island has been a potential MX track so far and so dam green compared to the land of the long hot drought I'm from.

|

9/28/2018 2:14 PM

I just finshed touring the north island the landscape was amazing up there, I’m down on the South Island now the whole of New Zealand has been so sick.

I didn’t end up going to any mx tracks but a mate told me that Taupo mx track is rad, An there’s a few others he told me about can’t remember now I think one was called flipps mx!

|

9/28/2018 2:19 PM

I've heard about Taupo and we are going to do a day and a bit around there. Seems heaps to do

|

9/28/2018 3:33 PM

We have some epic sand tracks around here in the manawatu, if you are driving through let us know and can take you out riding

|

9/28/2018 4:00 PM

Check out Rotorua if you haven't already, epic mountain biking at skyline and redwoods forest. White Water rafting with river rats is a must do!

|

9/28/2018 4:06 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

Check out Rotorua if you haven't already, epic mountain biking at skyline and redwoods forest. White Water rafting with river ...more

Yeah Rotorua was rad I did the white water rafting with river rats definitely recommend it,

I was hoping to try moto while I was here with a mate that lives near Wellington but didn’t have time I’ll definitely be back again

|

9/28/2018 4:08 PM

Underground wrote:

I've heard about Taupo and we are going to do a day and a bit around there. Seems heaps to do

Plenty to do around Taupo make sure you check out the Huka Falls

|

9/28/2018 5:30 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

We have some epic sand tracks around here in the manawatu, if you are driving through let us know and can take you out riding

Ha I would love to but we're short on time and skipping out to the nation's mid holiday for the weekend has really topped out my moto allowance for the next couple of weeks I think. Also like to check out your rota's too, brap brap

|

9/28/2018 5:38 PM

Pirini in Bay of Plenty is pretty good, otherwise I honestly don't have very much good to say about the tracks in the northern half of the North Island. It is ironic, because there is no shortage of space or good terrain, but the execution of most of the tracks are, in my opinion, pretty average.

|

9/28/2018 6:54 PM

Photo
|

9/28/2018 6:56 PM

Photo
Pick a spot, Mark out a track and just ride/race
|

9/28/2018 6:58 PM

Photo
|

9/29/2018 1:58 AM

mwr wrote:

Pirini in Bay of Plenty is pretty good, otherwise I honestly don't have very much good to say about the tracks in the northern ...more

Interesting. My wife wants to move to NZ around the bay of plenty region.

|

9/29/2018 2:47 AM

Ben Townley does ride tours, not sure if north or south island though

|

9/29/2018 10:09 PM

chump6784 wrote:

Ben Townley does ride tours, not sure if north or south island though

His tours are based out of Rotorua /Taurnaga , so the bay of plenty , there was a club day at Taupo today , and the track is right next to the main road

|

9/29/2018 10:54 PM

Taupo is a sick track. I like the steam that comes out of the ground through the whoops

?start=80
|

9/29/2018 11:12 PM

This track is in the South Island. Photo
Photo

|

@TONY351KTM

9/29/2018 11:18 PM

It also has. Clay Flat Track now. Photo

|

@TONY351KTM