NOT THIS YEAR ATLANTA

Zaugg
We know Atlanta is infamous for bikes and vans getting stolen/ broken into to. Let's spread the word to anyone competing this weekend (pros and amateurs); don't be foolish enough to think your property is safe.

Take every precaution necessary and let's keep the low-life-bike thieves from snatching another bike. One bike is too many.

I'll be stoked on Monday if we don't see a post about someone's bike getting lifted but with all the pro and amateur teams traveling to Atlanta it's likely someone is going to get their stuff lifted.

NOT THIS YEAR ATLANTA!!!

Spread the word to everyone you know in the moto-community traveling to Atlanta to make the extra effort.

You know the bad guys are planning something...so should you.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/28/2018 1:56pm
#NTYA #MAGA(Make Atlanta Great Again)

I hope no one loses anything this year, but I doubt that will be the case
hillbilly
2/28/2018 2:55pm
Carry a shooting iron and keep speed under a hundred.
MX Culture
2/28/2018 3:42pm
Do not stay or park overnight at the days inn downtown. If you do your stuff will get ripped

The Shop

Motoxdoc
2/28/2018 3:59pm
I want to hear about somebody setting a trap with some "motocross bait" and see a mug shot of some dude after getting caught! Seems like an easy thing for local cops to do. Park a toy box in the darkest, most secluded area near a hotel and just sit and watch from a distance. Put a bunch of moto stickers on it....maybe one that says, "Competition Wheelie Bikes."Dry
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/28/2018 4:45pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
I want to hear about somebody setting a trap with some "motocross bait" and see a mug shot of some dude after getting caught! Seems like...
I want to hear about somebody setting a trap with some "motocross bait" and see a mug shot of some dude after getting caught! Seems like an easy thing for local cops to do. Park a toy box in the darkest, most secluded area near a hotel and just sit and watch from a distance. Put a bunch of moto stickers on it....maybe one that says, "Competition Wheelie Bikes."Dry
Maybe not a bad idea for the cops to do it but I don't think it would be a great idea for a privateer or family to do. Surprise you got caught MF'ers. Thieves pull out guns...who's laughing now.
greenmx5
2/28/2018 5:24pm
Everyone should attach a gps sensor to their bike. Then when it gets stolen, have the cops track it down. Why has nobody done this? There's many ways to hide a sensor on a bike
Knoby
2/28/2018 5:27pm
hillbilly wrote:
Carry a shooting iron and keep speed under a hundred.
Words of wisdom?
Jeff alessi
2/28/2018 6:06pm
What ever happened to the idea of someone renting a lot and having it heavily secured? I liked that idea.

If someone has anything to post on Instagram we can start sharing it to help social awareness of this situation.
ktmfun219
Fantasy
401st
2/28/2018 7:05pm
Just offering a reasonable suggestion for a local RV/trailer park option 45 miles north of ATL just off I-75 exit 296, KOA Campground.
I live 3 miles away and very safe.
Katoomey
2/28/2018 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2018 7:12pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Everyone should attach a gps sensor to their bike. Then when it gets stolen, have the cops track it down. Why has nobody done this? There's...
Everyone should attach a gps sensor to their bike. Then when it gets stolen, have the cops track it down. Why has nobody done this? There's many ways to hide a sensor on a bike
like in a movie, where police stations have sophisticated, high tech command centers where technology just falls from the sky and crimes are solved with a do-everything-super-computer that is connected to every last bit of information ever collected by humans and connected to every other law enforcement agency in the world, but mostly CIA. like that?

Seriously though, there are a bunch of companies that offer this service. They can even alert your phone in real time if it's being messed with.

The problem again, is your local police. They have to be affiliated with the service providers for these devices. So, in the end it all comes down to how much your local PD actually gives a shit. Which, when it comes to things like bike theft, isn't very much. Most PD's aren't going to take on the extra expense (and logistics) of implementing these systems into their cruisers and training their officers to use it.

LoJack claims to be the only one "integrated" with state and local police, but they also state that they have only 14,000 units installed. There are over 300,000 police cruisers in the U.S. right now.

so, to answer your question. Logistics....
Jack_Wagon
2/28/2018 7:36pm
A1 Racing Suspension has secured RV and trailer parking 15 minutes from the stadium. They have 24 hrs security and the price is very reasonable.
Excaliburbmx
2/28/2018 7:51pm
Just park a trailer with a bunch of moto decals on it filled with rednecks with paintball guns filled with glow in the dark paint.
Then when the dirtbags breach the trailer paint them up.
yz133rider
2/28/2018 7:59pm
Just park a trailer with a bunch of moto decals on it filled with rednecks with paintball guns filled with glow in the dark paint. Then...
Just park a trailer with a bunch of moto decals on it filled with rednecks with paintball guns filled with glow in the dark paint.
Then when the dirtbags breach the trailer paint them up.
That works until they pull out a glock and light them up
motogrady
2/28/2018 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2018 8:30pm
2 or 3 years ago, this guy over on CWforums, a Navy Seal, had his crotch rocket stolen from the front of his house.
Cops said there was a lot of it going on, could not catch them.
He rented a white van, got 3 of his buddies, put a friends ninja right where his was as bait.
Locked it with a cable.

The Van was rented for a week.
6 nights, they laid in wait 1/2 a block away,
On the 6th night, another van went buy, maybe 3:30 in the morning, turned around, came back and stopped right in front of his house.

They gave them 20 seconds.
All 4, under the cover of darkness, bolted out of the van, sprinted the 1/2 block and hit the 3 guys like linebackers.
The thieves had a can of freon, freezing the lock, and never saw them coming.

Subdued, the thieves were driven to a vacant lot, duct taped and bound to the bumpers of their van.
An anonymous call was made to the cops.

A week later, the cops contacted him. They had found his bike, along with about 50 others, in a warehouse.
3 guys were still in the hospital, broken jaw, broken arms, blown out knees and cracked ribs,

Cop wanted to know, did he know anything about it.
Nope, he replied. Said the cop looked at him for a few seconds, told him whoever did it, could be in a lot of trouble
if they were ever identified.

Then shook his hand, and said thanks.
Brent
2/28/2018 8:29pm
...you just KNOW that there is someone out there in the ATL with a brand-new Milwaukee M18 cordless grinder (freshly stolen from the local Home Depot), and a whole bunch of new metal cutting discs, ready to cut some of those trailer locks...

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a theft, I've been to that city enough to know the criminals don't take Supercross Saturday off...
mxb2
2/28/2018 8:45pm
Insure your bikes.
jeffro503
2/28/2018 8:59pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
I want to hear about somebody setting a trap with some "motocross bait" and see a mug shot of some dude after getting caught! Seems like...
Haha....I love the way you think. I put up an offer a couple years ago....that if someone paid for my flight , slipped me about $300.00 ( for missing the freaking race! ) I would gladly stay in the motor home or truck or whatever , with a bat , s ski mask and a mad will to catch some prick trying to steal something. It would be fun.
Team MMR
3/1/2018 10:25am
Real nice of them to provide the people travelling with campers have a spot to stay. They have a pre-staging lot, but your not encouraged to stay over night. Better pack extras lock and chains to secure your bike and valuables since its about 2 blocks away from the track.
twotwosix
3/1/2018 10:26am
I'm not racing Amateur day for this exact reason.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
3/1/2018 11:01am
Wish I still had my old 2004 YZ250F to use as bait.

That POS would cut out randomly and spit me over the bars. Haha, jokes on you suckers. Go ahead, take it, do some high-speed wheelies on the freeway while your at it =)
donman
3/7/2018 11:03am
All clear then, no stolen bikes?!?

Post a reply to: NOT THIS YEAR ATLANTA

The Latest