NO WORLD TITLE FOR COURTNEY DUNCAN

GODZILLA
Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 11:14am
The fastest WMX contender and championship leader will miss the title again.
Broken foot, season over according to motocrossmag.be.

|
mwr
9/11/2018 4:08pm
Unfortunate.
BB67
9/11/2018 4:11pm
Does anyone know the top five in points? I have not kept up this year.
GODZILLA
9/11/2018 4:18pm
mwr wrote:
Unfortunate.
Yeah, she's real fast but tends to crash a little too much.
Sad
GODZILLA
9/11/2018 4:19pm
BB67 wrote:
Does anyone know the top five in points? I have not kept up this year.
Here's the top 20.

The Shop

Tonynz
9/11/2018 4:21pm
It is a real shame, really feel for her.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/11/2018 4:25pm
Anyone know if that Verstappen girl is in any way related to Max Verstappen the F1 driver?

Also cool to see an American competing overseas.
Rotaholic
9/11/2018 5:00pm
So gutted for CD151, reallly not a fan of how disjointed/disruptive the WMX calendar is.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/11/2018 5:02pm
Dangit!
Doesn't her dad post on here?
GODZILLA
9/11/2018 5:14pm
Rotaholic wrote:
So gutted for CD151, reallly not a fan of how disjointed/disruptive the WMX calendar is.
Yeah, three months without a race, great schedule.
Dry
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
9/11/2018 5:43pm
Avrie Berry is a friend of mine . Really cool to see her following her dream.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
9/12/2018 1:17am
Such a bummer. Should be a 3x world champ this year and she's a 0x world champ. Needs more Dungey in her head and less Bradshaw, Pastrana.
9/12/2018 2:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Anyone know if that Verstappen girl is in any way related to Max Verstappen the F1 driver?

Also cool to see an American competing overseas.
No, she isn't even from the same country :-)
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
9/12/2018 2:10am
Damn. Isn’t this the third time in a row now? Gutted
9/12/2018 2:13am
This is how Youthstream/luongo/maffia works. Italian champion (Fontanesi) so you make a world championship with 3 races in Italy (of 6 races in total)...
Pretty sure Van de Ven won't win the championship either after being stolen last year too.
Bearuno
9/12/2018 2:31am
This is how Youthstream/luongo/maffia works. Italian champion (Fontanesi) so you make a world championship with 3 races in Italy (of 6 races in total)... Pretty sure...
This is how Youthstream/luongo/maffia works. Italian champion (Fontanesi) so you make a world championship with 3 races in Italy (of 6 races in total)...
Pretty sure Van de Ven won't win the championship either after being stolen last year too.
I'm ever willing to kick Luongo / Youthstream in the goolies, for any number of (seemingly endless) eff ups and Rip Offs, but hey, Van de Ven getting stuck in the mud last year / last race(?) isn't having the championship stolen.

Fontanesi's no Squirrel.

It's a bummer for the young Kiwi - I've the sad feeling she'll never get the World Title she deserves. But, you've got to get through seasons to do so. Mind you, Luongo's travel agents photographer axing Courtney in Germany was a right nightmare.............

Hope she can stick it out, stay healthy, and can get at least one.
9/12/2018 2:50am
This is how Youthstream/luongo/maffia works. Italian champion (Fontanesi) so you make a world championship with 3 races in Italy (of 6 races in total)... Pretty sure...
Bearuno wrote:
I'm ever willing to kick Luongo / Youthstream in the goolies, for any number of (seemingly endless) eff ups and Rip Offs, but hey, Van de...
I'm ever willing to kick Luongo / Youthstream in the goolies, for any number of (seemingly endless) eff ups and Rip Offs, but hey, Van de Ven getting stuck in the mud last year / last race(?) isn't having the championship stolen.

Fontanesi's no Squirrel.

It's a bummer for the young Kiwi - I've the sad feeling she'll never get the World Title she deserves. But, you've got to get through seasons to do so. Mind you, Luongo's travel agents photographer axing Courtney in Germany was a right nightmare.............

No, but Van de Ven got disqualified for a bullshit reason in Indonesia, that's where she was stolen. She was the only 1 with a DQ for course cuting, while everyone did that in the mud. She eventually lost the title by 2 points...
9/12/2018 3:25am
Is she definitely out? She doesn't need a fantastic result to wrap it up, shd could probably do enough with 1 foot on the pegs.
DeStouwer
9/12/2018 3:37am
No, but Van de Ven got disqualified for a bullshit reason in Indonesia, that's where she was stolen. She was the only 1 with a DQ...
No, but Van de Ven got disqualified for a bullshit reason in Indonesia, that's where she was stolen. She was the only 1 with a DQ for course cuting, while everyone did that in the mud. She eventually lost the title by 2 points...
She didn't get DSQ'ed for cutting the track, but for allowing assistence when she was stuck. You could even see her shouting "help" at the marshalls on the broadcast. Not really a "bullshit-reason" to me.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
9/12/2018 4:17am
Bearuno wrote:
I'm ever willing to kick Luongo / Youthstream in the goolies, for any number of (seemingly endless) eff ups and Rip Offs, but hey, Van de...

Fontanesi's no Squirrel.

No, but Van de Ven got disqualified for a bullshit reason in Indonesia, that's where she was stolen. She was the only 1 with a DQ...
IIRC, Duncan was also DQed or docked at the final in france for the same reason.
GODZILLA
9/12/2018 4:26am
No you don't.
Wink
She just got stuck in an uphill with downed bikes and ladies everywhere...
A quagmire...
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
9/12/2018 4:29am
I remember she clashed in the final lap on that hill with a lapper. After that race there was some drama and protesting going on. I thought to remember she got docked or DQed but I’m not sure
GODZILLA
9/12/2018 4:29am
DeStouwer wrote:
She didn't get DSQ'ed for cutting the track, but for allowing assistence when she was stuck. You could even see her shouting "help" at the marshalls...
She didn't get DSQ'ed for cutting the track, but for allowing assistence when she was stuck. You could even see her shouting "help" at the marshalls on the broadcast. Not really a "bullshit-reason" to me.
Some of these girls are so tiny they can't put their bike back on its wheels if they fall, especially if it's muddy. And they often have a hard time kickstarting them in difficult conditions.
9/12/2018 7:05am
DeStouwer wrote:
She didn't get DSQ'ed for cutting the track, but for allowing assistence when she was stuck. You could even see her shouting "help" at the marshalls...
Nope, look Up the result sheet, it says DQ for course cutting. Not entering the track where you left it, was the explanation. But that was impossible as she slid down a muddy hill.
Same as Prado did last week in Turkey, and he didnt get a DQ
GODZILLA
9/12/2018 8:01am
NVA57 wrote:
I remember she clashed in the final lap on that hill with a lapper. After that race there was some drama and protesting going on. I...
I remember she clashed in the final lap on that hill with a lapper. After that race there was some drama and protesting going on. I thought to remember she got docked or DQed but I’m not sure
She scored a 6-1 that we.
The big drama was if the race was shortened or not and on what lap the final results were accounted.
They first announced something and it had changed an hour after...
The french federation delegate heavily pushed in favor of keeping Lancelot's hopes alive after the first moto, from what I heard.
Was a total mess, anyway...
GODZILLA
9/12/2018 8:04am
DeStouwer wrote:
I remember she had guys holding her bike so she could stand on her left peg to kickstart her bike, which obviously had enough of the track conditions...
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/12/2018 10:19am
GODZILLA wrote:
I remember she had guys holding her bike so she could stand on her left peg to kickstart her bike, which obviously had enough of the...
I remember she had guys holding her bike so she could stand on her left peg to kickstart her bike, which obviously had enough of the track conditions...
Why make the women's teams go all the way to Indonesia. That must have been so expensive and their budgets can't be that high. Unless YS subsidized everyone's trip.
segers
Fantasy
2279th
9/12/2018 10:26am
They're both from Belgium.
Max is a dutchie,amandine is belgian
9/12/2018 10:32am
segers wrote:
Max is a dutchie,amandine is belgian
They're both from Belgium. Josh Verstappen is from the Netherlands, but Max is not, not by birth.

"Max has a Belgian mother, was born in Hasselt, lives in Bree and travels with a Belgian passport."

Post a reply to: NO WORLD TITLE FOR COURTNEY DUNCAN

The Latest