NO WHOOPS at SMX!

KBOLTZ
What do you guys think??

To me this is supposed to be the "supercross des nations" and there isn't even a small whoop section. I understand that pretty much every country besides the u.s. doesn't ride supercross style whoops on the regular but to not even have a toned down version to me is a disgrace to supercross. Whoops make supercross great. This GoPro video of Romain Febvre shows the track and it's lack of rythems and whoops. It could make the racing tight with the obstacles not being a separator of speed but still bums me out.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Onboard-Romain-Febvre-2016-SMX-Rid…
|
Titan1
10/7/2016 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2016 4:42pm
YS didn't want all the GP stars to get smoked on a full blown super cross track...and they would have...it would be bad for business.
peelout
10/7/2016 4:42pm
Mike Alessi just took his shirt off
BobPA
10/7/2016 4:48pm
That looks super lame
KBOLTZ
10/7/2016 4:49pm
peelout wrote:
I believe it was already off

The Shop

10/7/2016 4:51pm
Honestly, I kinda like the track design. Looks more like a SX/MX hybrid, and not a monster cup style hybid, more like a MX track put into a SX size and location. I wish the AMA would make our SX tracks a little more like this. I think racing would be better and make it to where many guys could win instead on just a handful.
10/7/2016 4:55pm
It's not advertised as Supercross. It's advertised as Super Motocross. I don't know many GP tracks with stadium whoops. To me, it looks like a SX track from 20 years ago but without a whoop section. Hopefully it creates some good racing because the track won't separate everyone based on jumping ability.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
10/7/2016 4:56pm
Its a really lame track for what are supposed to be the top riders in the world. Local arena cross tracks have more technical rhythm sections than this. Seriously, the toughest section is a big double followed by a triple? Hell, the SX event at the World Minis at Gatorback is more technical.

Lame.

It's gonna be a hard track to pass on too with two full length sand sections that will for sure develop a main line, and only 1 or two good bermed corners.
10/7/2016 5:06pm
Honestly, I kinda like the track design. Looks more like a SX/MX hybrid, and not a monster cup style hybid, more like a MX track put...
Honestly, I kinda like the track design. Looks more like a SX/MX hybrid, and not a monster cup style hybid, more like a MX track put into a SX size and location. I wish the AMA would make our SX tracks a little more like this. I think racing would be better and make it to where many guys could win instead on just a handful.
No..our top guys would still be top guys on tracks like that..
Theres no supercross to that track!... That's why I laugh to myself when I hear other country's talk about how they're riders are better than American riders..We win more than anyone on full blown national and grand prix style tracks...and in Supercross(which is the ultimate expression of dirtbike racing)...requiring the most possible talent to compete...we're untouchable....not even close!
That track is a joke for the world's best to compete on....
djc
10/7/2016 5:15pm
Honestly who care it's a off season race and whoops are more of a chance for everyone there to get hurt. As long as the racing is good that's all that matters.
Katoomey
10/7/2016 5:19pm
the track is pathetic. it resembles a supercross track, yeah, but there are none of the difficult elements from either MX or SX.

this is what I would imagine freestyle motocros would look like in circuit form. just jumps and smooth sections in between.

this is a joke. much like modern supercross is becoming. just go back and watch supercross from the 1980's - the tracks were not perfectly groomed, mathematically calculated, jump fests. they were beat up, uneven and rhythm sections were, well, mostly out of rhythm. they were scrappy and inconsistent and there was no such thing as a flawless lap.
DonM
10/7/2016 5:19pm
peelout wrote:
And MXDouche is putting his back on.....race of the century.....pffft...
Katoomey
10/7/2016 5:20pm
djc wrote:
Honestly who care it's a off season race and whoops are more of a chance for everyone there to get hurt. As long as the racing...
Honestly who care it's a off season race and whoops are more of a chance for everyone there to get hurt. As long as the racing is good that's all that matters.
how could the racing be good on a track that offers almost zero challenge?
Prntscrn
10/7/2016 5:26pm
"...and in Supercross(which is the ultimate expression of dirtbike racing)...requiring the most possible talent to compete"

WTF???

"...we're untouchable....not even close!"

Well done. You guys are the best at supercross, basketball, baseball and american football which no one else is doing. Well done, you guys rock!

10/7/2016 5:40pm
Prntscrn wrote:
"...and in Supercross(which is the ultimate expression of dirtbike racing)...requiring the most possible talent to compete" WTF??? "...we're untouchable....not even close!" Well done. You guys are...
"...and in Supercross(which is the ultimate expression of dirtbike racing)...requiring the most possible talent to compete"

WTF???

"...we're untouchable....not even close!"

Well done. You guys are the best at supercross, basketball, baseball and american football which no one else is doing. Well done, you guys rock!

Thanks...and since your offering genuine congradulations on our countries achievements, I'll just fill in the ones you mistakenly overlooked...along with supercross..motocross..baseball..football..and basketball...we'll throw in strongest military..most vibrant economy..technologically advanced superpower...moral leaders... and the inventors of rock and roll..Your kind suggestions are really appriciated...you guys gay...oops I mean rave!
fins227
10/7/2016 5:47pm
Someone's gonna be mad they brought SX suspension.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/7/2016 5:53pm
I wasn't very impressed with the track preview. I was going to move my plans around to watch it live tomorrow, but might just wait for the recap...
Pirate421
10/7/2016 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2016 6:00pm
Honestly, I kinda like the track design. Looks more like a SX/MX hybrid, and not a monster cup style hybid, more like a MX track put...
I'm not sure making our sx tracks more like mx would help make more winners seeing as Roczen just won all but a handful of motos this season in mx. I see what you're saying though, I would like the tracks changed. Seems we go from rut mo cross to jump mo cross. Double double triple quad turn whoops triple gets pretty boring. I'll still watch it but I'm hoping more of these hybrid tracks show up where the guys can actually race instead of see who can jump the most combos.

I'll also add that when I watched the track preview I thought man that track might not be bad to ride on and I'm a vet c class hero. Doesn't appear to be much of a challenge to the best racers in the world. Hell the superminis can race the monster cup track which is easily 3x harder than this one. If they are making a hybrid race of the century it should be at least equal to a Daytona track. Minimum 1 minute lap times.
10/7/2016 6:05pm
That track is weak sauce I've seen more difficult local arena cross tracks.
Ryno23
Fantasy
878th
10/7/2016 6:17pm
BobPA wrote:
That looks super lame
That's what I was thinking. man, that track looks weak!
Silliker269
10/7/2016 6:20pm
Super flat SX track ,, yay. Should of send Forkner over to smoke em all
51xc
10/7/2016 6:28pm
super MOTOCROSS. the track layout is known for months now.
kkawboy14
10/7/2016 6:39pm
51xc wrote:
What he said ^^^
TeamGreen
10/7/2016 6:49pm
51xc wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
What he said ^^^
And that makes it "less Gay"?
jl0822
10/7/2016 6:52pm
you can only do so much with jumps and turns, can't keep everyone happy,

for the skill and talent those guys have, track seems too simple, too easy... deft not at their level

now... for amateurs/weekend warriors/vital members ....i think that track would be fun to ride

Post a reply to: NO WHOOPS at SMX!

The Latest