NO MUSQUIN AT MXDN

alex69
8/10/2018 2:37am
exactly! vlanderen is 5th in the world champs with several podiums and a race win too..dutch have a very formidable team this year. agree 100% they...
exactly! vlanderen is 5th in the world champs with several podiums and a race win too..dutch have a very formidable team this year. agree 100% they put glen in mx3 they have a great shot at the win this year
No on MX1, Herlings on open.
MX1 has a longer break between the races and Coldenhof need that, it's a team effort not a contest who has the longest dick.
Last year Coldenhof had are very good start in the first moto, but get past by 8 or 9 riders inclouding 3 mx2 guys very disappointed , he's musta fight more for his position if the Dutch want have change for the first place.
RG1
8/10/2018 2:48am
mwr wrote:
Wait, if Marv really has US citizenship, he should be on team USA. ET+MM+whoever, maybe let Barcia ride the 250 with AP as an alternate.
RG1 wrote:
Cannot believe how many people are saying this :laugh: No chance would I want Musquin on Team GB if the circumstances were the same, he's French...
Cannot believe how many people are saying this Laughing

No chance would I want Musquin on Team GB if the circumstances were the same, he's French. He didn't go to the USA until he was 24.
mwr wrote:
But enough about you. How old was DeCoster before he started managing Team USA? It seems a shame that a guy who is better than 95%...
But enough about you. How old was DeCoster before he started managing Team USA? It seems a shame that a guy who is better than 95% of the competitors won't be one.
That's not the same. DeCoster is only picking the team, he isn't competing. There's lots of teams in international football that have foreign managers, but all the players are always from that nation. It's crazy to me that you would be happy with winning with a foreign rider on the team. That wouldn't sit well with me at all
DoubleA
8/10/2018 3:36am
RG1 wrote:
That's not the same. DeCoster is only picking the team, he isn't competing. There's lots of teams in international football that have foreign managers, but all...
That's not the same. DeCoster is only picking the team, he isn't competing. There's lots of teams in international football that have foreign managers, but all the players are always from that nation. It's crazy to me that you would be happy with winning with a foreign rider on the team. That wouldn't sit well with me at all
I would rather have someone who can only get 20th at maxxis than have someone from another country represent us.
DonM
8/10/2018 4:49am
RG1 wrote:
That's not the same. DeCoster is only picking the team, he isn't competing. There's lots of teams in international football that have foreign managers, but all...
DoubleA wrote:
I would rather have someone who can only get 20th at maxxis than have someone from another country represent us.
Wasn't Rob Herring born in SA and represent you guys in the 94 MXDN?? hmmmm.....

The Shop

RG1
8/10/2018 4:57am
RG1 wrote:
DoubleA wrote:
DonM wrote:
Wasn't Rob Herring born in SA and represent you guys in the 94 MXDN?? hmmmm.....
Both his parents are English. I think he was actually born here and moved to SA when he was very young. Only ever held an English passport. Not even close to being the same
alex69
8/10/2018 5:12am
It's official Van Vlaanderen is chosen for the Netherlands.
TDeath21
8/10/2018 5:16am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 5:17am
exactly! vlanderen is 5th in the world champs with several podiums and a race win too..dutch have a very formidable team this year. agree 100% they...
exactly! vlanderen is 5th in the world champs with several podiums and a race win too..dutch have a very formidable team this year. agree 100% they put glen in mx3 they have a great shot at the win this year
alex69 wrote:
No on MX1, Herlings on open. MX1 has a longer break between the races and Coldenhof need that, it's a team effort not a contest who...
MX1 has a longer break between the races and Coldenhof need that, it's a team effort not a contest who has the longest dick.
Last year Coldenhof had are very good start in the first moto, but get past by 8 or 9 riders inclouding 3 mx2 guys very disappointed , he's musta fight more for his position if the Dutch want have change for the first place.
But that cost them the championship in 2016. I’d want Herlings going head to head with the best both motos in order to take as many points away from them as possible.
alex69
8/10/2018 5:41am
alex69 wrote:
No on MX1, Herlings on open. MX1 has a longer break between the races and Coldenhof need that, it's a team effort not a contest who...
TDeath21 wrote:
But that cost them the championship in 2016. I’d want Herlings going head to head with the best both motos in order to take as many...
But that cost them the championship in 2016. I’d want Herlings going head to head with the best both motos in order to take as many points away from them as possible.
It make no difference if Herlings is in the open or MX1, in 16 he was 2-1.
Herlings is the strongest of the 3 so he has the greatest change to go 1-1.
Everybody race at least once eachother, like I said it's a team effort the total results counts.
I think MX1-MX2 Tomac or maybe Cairoli wins, MX open-MX2 Herlings.
And than we have the big final MX1-MX open.
Personally I think the USA is gonna win, because home track advantage and in the depth the strongest team.
RDX
8/10/2018 7:34am
Shame for Marv but where he has been for France in the last editions? I understand they want to favor the riders who have shown loyalty over the years. And wins.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/10/2018 9:08am
coldenhoff has been on great form this year. finished 4th at trentino (hardpack) how is he only dangerous on hardpack? he wont beat jeffrey or Eli...
coldenhoff has been on great form this year. finished 4th at trentino (hardpack) how is he only dangerous on hardpack? he wont beat jeffrey or Eli but should have most of the others covered
Park Boys wrote:
On paper and paper only, you would think he is not touching Eli, Herlings, AC and Roczen. Most likely Barcia, Febvre, DeSalle, JVH beat him and...
On paper and paper only, you would think he is not touching Eli, Herlings, AC and Roczen. Most likely Barcia, Febvre, DeSalle, JVH beat him and im proabably missing a couple others. On paper only of course. I would not he surprised at all if AP or Garcia beat him as well on 250s.
do you even watch gps?! glen has been in the pack of riders behind cairoli and herlings most of the season. those 2 are next level...
do you even watch gps?! glen has been in the pack of riders behind cairoli and herlings most of the season. those 2 are next level much like roczen and tomac in the ama (and Marvin but hes not been selected) but the riders from 3rd to 10th have been very evenly matched. its not like the ama where the level drops off so quickly. coldenhoff gets great starts so should be top 5-8 easily at the nations. bear in mind alot of the gp riders won't be there.. with herlings most likely going 1-1 at red bud. a consistent coldenhoff and a good result from vlanderen they will be contenders for sure. Calvin is on great form lately too
Obvisouly I watch the GPs which why I know your statement is BS. Glen is not on a level of DeSalle, Febvre etc. More often than not he is a 6 thru 9 guy which is why KTM is letting him go. In the sand yes he is one of the better riders and next year he will be instrumental if the Dutch are to bring it home. This year he has one Moto podium in the sand of Lommel. He has finished 4th twice one of them being in the sand of Valkenswaad. On a non sand track he has one 4th place Moto and two fifths and that's it for top 5s. Which is why the evenly matched Coldenhoff according to you is down almost 120 points to 3rd place DeSalle and nearly 100 points down on Gasjer who missed the first race and has been getting better throughout the season. JVH is the only one ATM that you could agree Coldenhoff is better then but he seems to be on the upswing. The better question is, do you watch the GPs?
TDeath21
8/10/2018 9:13am
alex69 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
But that cost them the championship in 2016. I’d want Herlings going head to head with the best both motos in order to take as many...
alex69 wrote:
It make no difference if Herlings is in the open or MX1, in 16 he was 2-1. Herlings is the strongest of the 3 so he...
It make no difference if Herlings is in the open or MX1, in 16 he was 2-1.
Herlings is the strongest of the 3 so he has the greatest change to go 1-1.
Everybody race at least once eachother, like I said it's a team effort the total results counts.
I think MX1-MX2 Tomac or maybe Cairoli wins, MX open-MX2 Herlings.
And than we have the big final MX1-MX open.
Personally I think the USA is gonna win, because home track advantage and in the depth the strongest team.
Yes it does make a huge difference. Only racing the best one race instead of two doesn’t make sense. I’d want Herlings, my best rider, to take away as many points as possible from other top guys. Look at the final score of 16 and then think about what the results could have been if Herlings raced MX1. Dutch victory would have been very likely.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/10/2018 9:19am
RG1 wrote:
I believe Roger considers himself an American so I don't think it'd be any different. If you have citizenship in a Country, you're a citizen. It doesn't matter if you're natural born or not. My wife isn't a natural born citizen but I can promise you she'd join a Team USA in a competition if she had the opportunity because she considers herself an American.

Now back to Marv, I don't think he does consider himself an American but he if does then I'll say it again, I'd love to see him on the team.
goony
8/10/2018 10:57am
Whats really going on is france dont pick marvin for mxdn this year, everybody gets really upset about it, marvin becomes a us citizen, he will race for the usa next year, and then have a little «crash» witch will put usa to far behind and france will have a much better chance of winning the mxdn
Jt$
8/10/2018 11:00am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 11:02am
MX/SX Fan wrote:
I am a big Tomac fan and I feel really bad for Musquin. This has got to be one of his hardest years! He seems like...
I am a big Tomac fan and I feel really bad for Musquin. This has got to be one of his hardest years! He seems like a genuinely nice guy who works as hard as anyone and is top 5 guy in the world.

The Dutch team scares me as much as the French. Herlings could go 1-1. Coldenhoff could have a good weekend like this past weekend and they just need one good moto from Vlaanderen
Jt$ wrote:
The Dutch are good, I just don't see it happening, though. Coldenhoff is only dangerous in deep sand like Lommel and Red Bud is definitely not...
The Dutch are good, I just don't see it happening, though. Coldenhoff is only dangerous in deep sand like Lommel and Red Bud is definitely not that. Otherwise, he has been less than stellar this year. Herlings 1-1 is certainly a bonus but I don't think it's enough to win.
coldenhoff has been on great form this year. finished 4th at trentino (hardpack) how is he only dangerous on hardpack? he wont beat jeffrey or Eli...
coldenhoff has been on great form this year. finished 4th at trentino (hardpack) how is he only dangerous on hardpack? he wont beat jeffrey or Eli but should have most of the others covered
Disagree. 7th in points behind the main group. Take a hard look at his moto scores (average 8th). Not terrible but if you think he’s beating Tomac, Barcia, Febvre, JH84, or 222, I think you’re fooling yourself. I’ll take any bet you’d like to make with him against Barcia or Tomac at Red Bud.
8/10/2018 11:34am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 11:39am
Jt$ wrote:
The Dutch are good, I just don't see it happening, though. Coldenhoff is only dangerous in deep sand like Lommel and Red Bud is definitely not...
The Dutch are good, I just don't see it happening, though. Coldenhoff is only dangerous in deep sand like Lommel and Red Bud is definitely not that. Otherwise, he has been less than stellar this year. Herlings 1-1 is certainly a bonus but I don't think it's enough to win.
Jt$ wrote:
Disagree. 7th in points behind the main group. Take a hard look at his moto scores (average 8th). Not terrible but if you think he’s beating...
Disagree. 7th in points behind the main group. Take a hard look at his moto scores (average 8th). Not terrible but if you think he’s beating Tomac, Barcia, Febvre, JH84, or 222, I think you’re fooling yourself. I’ll take any bet you’d like to make with him against Barcia or Tomac at Red Bud.
but he doesnt have to beat Tomac or Cairoli , we got Herlings to beat those guys and take away points
Who says Barcia beats Herlings, Cairoli ,Febvre ,Gajser , Desalle or van Hoorebeeck to name just a few ??
as Barcia isnt anywhere near Tomac or Musquin this seaosn . He does good but dont forget all the injuries in AMA these days
Its a team effort , with a good start Glenn can go like 6th on a good day . in 2016 he was 6th and 7th and thats good as long as Herlings doesnt score more as 2 or 3 points ,
all we need is one good moto from Vlaanderen and youre on the podium .. Between 20 and 30 points is what you need to win , or at least get a podium ...
Moto's are pretty stacked these days and levels pretty even , its not like in the old days USA wins all 3 moto's and
dont forget the so called spoilers like Cairoli Gajser etc who can take away points from podium contenders .
And lets face it , you need a bit of luck too .. every year and every moto something happens and thats why the MXON is so exciting the last years as the win always gets decided in the last moto ..

for the fans , its the best scenario possible

i still think USA will win this one , but it could get close with some other teams and get decided again in last
moto .But with Musquin out of team France , i think the dutch have a better chance to get second or at least a podium
Jt$
8/10/2018 11:44am
Jt$ wrote:
Disagree. 7th in points behind the main group. Take a hard look at his moto scores (average 8th). Not terrible but if you think he’s beating...
but he doesnt have to beat Tomac or Cairoli , we got Herlings to beat those guys and take away points Who says Barcia beats Herlings...
but he doesnt have to beat Tomac or Cairoli , we got Herlings to beat those guys and take away points
Who says Barcia beats Herlings, Cairoli ,Febvre ,Gajser , Desalle or van Hoorebeeck to name just a few ??
as Barcia isnt anywhere near Tomac or Musquin this seaosn . He does good but dont forget all the injuries in AMA these days
Its a team effort , with a good start Glenn can go like 6th on a good day . in 2016 he was 6th and 7th and thats good as long as Herlings doesnt score more as 2 or 3 points ,
all we need is one good moto from Vlaanderen and youre on the podium .. Between 20 and 30 points is what you need to win , or at least get a podium ...
Moto's are pretty stacked these days and levels pretty even , its not like in the old days USA wins all 3 moto's and
dont forget the so called spoilers like Cairoli Gajser etc who can take away points from podium contenders .
And lets face it , you need a bit of luck too .. every year and every moto something happens and thats why the MXON is so exciting the last years as the win always gets decided in the last moto ..

i still think USA will win this one , but it could get close with some other teams and get decided again in last
moto .But with Musquin out of team France , i think the dutch have a better chance to get second or at least a podium
As my last sentence said, at Red Bud especially, I’ll take Barcia versus Coldenhoff for whatever you’d like to bet.
8/10/2018 11:58am
Jt$ wrote:
As my last sentence said, at Red Bud especially, I’ll take Barcia versus Coldenhoff for whatever you’d like to bet.
i dont bet Wink but i think the track will suit Coldenhoff as well and 3 years back i would have said Barcia for sure

lets see what happens , could be one of them crash in first turn ..all theories gone
8/10/2018 12:10pm
I wouldn't sleep on the Hoff!
only it looks like he switched starts with Herlings Glenn used to be the better starter but since Herlings has improved , Glenn's starts are nothing what it used to be .. he needs to correct this , as it will be important
8/10/2018 12:12pm
Jt$ wrote:
but he doesnt have to beat Tomac or Cairoli , we got Herlings to beat those guys and take away points Who says Barcia beats Herlings...

Jt$ wrote:
he might not have to beat barcia though.. herlings will most likely go 1-1 and vlanderen will be up there in mx2. as previously said barcia has been a long way behind tomac musquin and roczen most of the season so add in cairoli herlings febvre etc
Jt$
8/10/2018 12:35pm

Jt$ wrote:
he might not have to beat barcia though.. herlings will most likely go 1-1 and vlanderen will be up there in mx2. as previously said barcia...
he might not have to beat barcia though.. herlings will most likely go 1-1 and vlanderen will be up there in mx2. as previously said barcia has been a long way behind tomac musquin and roczen most of the season so add in cairoli herlings febvre etc
Refer to my previous statements. Coldenhoff average moto finish 8th place. I’ll take USA over NLD on home soil. Herlings is the only rider who has the arguable edge of the 3 and they will most likely only race once. I think there might be some underestimation of this race being at a track USA is very familiar with.
DonM
8/10/2018 12:38pm
Jt$ wrote:
he might not have to beat barcia though.. herlings will most likely go 1-1 and vlanderen will be up there in mx2. as previously said barcia...
Jt$ wrote:
Refer to my previous statements. Coldenhoff average moto finish 8th place. I’ll take USA over NLD on home soil. Herlings is the only rider who has...
Refer to my previous statements. Coldenhoff average moto finish 8th place. I’ll take USA over NLD on home soil. Herlings is the only rider who has the arguable edge of the 3 and they will most likely only race once. I think there might be some underestimation of this race being at a track USA is very familiar with.
Jt stop feeding the trolls....you're going to start a frenzy!!! Laughing
ktmfun219
Fantasy
554th
8/10/2018 1:05pm
RG1 wrote:
731chopper wrote:
I believe Roger considers himself an American so I don't think it'd be any different. If you have citizenship in a Country, you're a citizen. It...
I believe Roger considers himself an American so I don't think it'd be any different. If you have citizenship in a Country, you're a citizen. It doesn't matter if you're natural born or not. My wife isn't a natural born citizen but I can promise you she'd join a Team USA in a competition if she had the opportunity because she considers herself an American.

Now back to Marv, I don't think he does consider himself an American but he if does then I'll say it again, I'd love to see him on the team.
NO NO NO NO on Marv. No exceptions.
Never.

ET ET ET
Barcia Barcia Barcia
AP AP AP

Backup-NO Marv- TBD after Ironman.
Question
8/10/2018 1:34pm
Jt$ wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Refer to my previous statements. Coldenhoff average moto finish 8th place. I’ll take USA over NLD on home soil. Herlings is the only rider who has...
A "race being at a track USA is very familiar with" ; I fully agree. We saw Budds Creek ! I would say 70% Barcia over Coldenhoff on a gp track, but at RedBud 95%. That is also the 2nd reason many frenchs are mad about (obviously the first is speed/results), because Musquin raced RedBud 7 or 8 times alongside Dungey and DeCoster ...
TeamGreen
8/10/2018 3:00pm
Man, I can't see ANY logical reason for NOT picking Marv for Team France.

Marv should go ride the track for TV on the day of the and let's see his lap time versus the fastest people on race-day. That would be hilarious.

8/11/2018 6:13am
Jt$ wrote:

Jt$ wrote:
do you think herlings will beat tomac jt?
Enabler
8/11/2018 6:37am

Jt$ wrote:
Herlings most likely to go 1-1 against Tomac at Red Bud? If Herlings gets good starts and Tomac gets crap starts, maybe. Both starting up front I'll take Tomac for the win. Further, if Tomac gets the start and Jeffery is buried no way he catches Tomac.
8/11/2018 7:50am
Jt$ wrote:
Enabler wrote:
Herlings most likely to go 1-1 against Tomac at Red Bud? If Herlings gets good starts and Tomac gets crap starts, maybe. Both starting up front...
Herlings most likely to go 1-1 against Tomac at Red Bud? If Herlings gets good starts and Tomac gets crap starts, maybe. Both starting up front I'll take Tomac for the win. Further, if Tomac gets the start and Jeffery is buried no way he catches Tomac.
at any track id put my money on herlings
Motohead279
8/11/2018 7:59am
I think this has more to do with the French Federation being loyal to the guys who were on the team the last few years and won for France, even though MM is riding better than either of those 2. I think if France didn’t win last year MM would have been on the team.
Question
8/11/2018 10:47am
I think this has more to do with the French Federation being loyal to the guys who were on the team the last few years and...
I think this has more to do with the French Federation being loyal to the guys who were on the team the last few years and won for France, even though MM is riding better than either of those 2. I think if France didn’t win last year MM would have been on the team.
You are right, but their communication is ridiculous. Telling it is motivation issue is just a f... lie. They believe they are in politics or what ? Not even mentioning Musquin in their video, who is currently the best out of the 3, is really not respectful of the rider.

As he is not selected now, with a MXdN in the US on a track he races 7 or 8 times and with the season he is doing (2 & 2) as the leading rider of the top manufacturer, there is not much risk to say he will never be selected again.

So I would give them the bird no doubt and beat them with another team each year.

Post a reply to: NO MUSQUIN AT MXDN

The Latest