NO MUSQUIN AT MXDN

Jt$
8/8/2018 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 1:28pm
DeStouwer wrote:
As said, it worked for them in '14, '16 and '17 without him. Musquin already was the best Frenchie of the lot those years (in my...
As said, it worked for them in '14, '16 and '17 without him. Musquin already was the best Frenchie of the lot those years (in my opinion). Last year they won with a guy who didn't race GP's for over a year. Americans may believe "it's coming home for sure" because of Musquins absence, but it isn't.
Jt$ wrote:
Or because this is the best team we have had in a few years (450 champ, 4th in 450 chase, 250 champ), not to mention the...
Or because this is the best team we have had in a few years (450 champ, 4th in 450 chase, 250 champ), not to mention the small detail about it being on a track that all of these guys have raced and won on individually. Oh, and only one rider on one of the contending teams has ever ridden this track (Ferrandis). And finally, as a bonus, France left their best rider off the team. Other than those obscure footnotes, why would we ever consider it could be different in 2018?
RG1 wrote:
You don't have the 450 champ just yet. I believe DeStouwer is simply saying don't count your chickens. Paulin and Febvre have led France to victory...
You don't have the 450 champ just yet.

I believe DeStouwer is simply saying don't count your chickens. Paulin and Febvre have led France to victory on numerous occasions, and they have the ability to do it again
Defending 450 champ and points leader. As far as his comments, in doing so, he made a point to say that the USA wasn't going to win in his last sentence. He is counting his proverbial chickens that the USA will lose also.
jamma10
8/8/2018 1:33pm
DonM wrote:
Exactly!....but GBR could have all three riders that have had Red Bud experience...probably won't happen but it could
The Mighty GB ??
RG1
8/8/2018 1:33pm
Jt$ wrote:
Or because this is the best team we have had in a few years (450 champ, 4th in 450 chase, 250 champ), not to mention the...
Or because this is the best team we have had in a few years (450 champ, 4th in 450 chase, 250 champ), not to mention the small detail about it being on a track that all of these guys have raced and won on individually. Oh, and only one rider on one of the contending teams has ever ridden this track (Ferrandis). And finally, as a bonus, France left their best rider off the team. Other than those obscure footnotes, why would we ever consider it could be different in 2018?
RG1 wrote:
You don't have the 450 champ just yet. I believe DeStouwer is simply saying don't count your chickens. Paulin and Febvre have led France to victory...
You don't have the 450 champ just yet.

I believe DeStouwer is simply saying don't count your chickens. Paulin and Febvre have led France to victory on numerous occasions, and they have the ability to do it again
Jt$ wrote:
Defending 450 champ and points leader. As far as his comments, in doing so, he made a point to say that the USA wasn't going to...
Defending 450 champ and points leader. As far as his comments, in doing so, he made a point to say that the USA wasn't going to win in his last sentence. He is counting his proverbial chickens that the USA will lose also.
I don't think he's saying that Team USA won't win. Just that Musquin's absence doesn't make it a guarantee. That's how I took it anyway.
MX/SX Fan
8/8/2018 1:42pm
I am a big Tomac fan and I feel really bad for Musquin. This has got to be one of his hardest years! He seems like a genuinely nice guy who works as hard as anyone and is top 5 guy in the world.

The Dutch team scares me as much as the French. Herlings could go 1-1. Coldenhoff could have a good weekend like this past weekend and they just need one good moto from Vlaanderen

The Shop

Jt$
8/8/2018 2:01pm
MX/SX Fan wrote:
I am a big Tomac fan and I feel really bad for Musquin. This has got to be one of his hardest years! He seems like...
I am a big Tomac fan and I feel really bad for Musquin. This has got to be one of his hardest years! He seems like a genuinely nice guy who works as hard as anyone and is top 5 guy in the world.

The Dutch team scares me as much as the French. Herlings could go 1-1. Coldenhoff could have a good weekend like this past weekend and they just need one good moto from Vlaanderen
The Dutch are good, I just don't see it happening, though. Coldenhoff is only dangerous in deep sand like Lommel and Red Bud is definitely not that. Otherwise, he has been less than stellar this year. Herlings 1-1 is certainly a bonus but I don't think it's enough to win.
peelout
8/8/2018 2:06pm
prediction: Team France shows up to the race in a white Ridgeline and Red-Bud guy flips them the bird and calls them pussies
ruy
8/8/2018 2:33pm

He says that he has taken an unpleasant surprise of not being selected, that in Red Bud he received the visit of a certain Jack Pol to see if Musquin had the motivation for the MXDN he said yes, he was going to give everything for the race , and that the relationship with Ferrandis is good, that he knows the track well, that this year Musquin is a very good level, up in supercross and motocross, that the team of KTM Red Bull was willing to put everything for the MXDN
motomike137
8/8/2018 2:41pm
They made a big mistake imho. Marvin easily deserves to be on the team.
Question
8/8/2018 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 3:05pm
ruy wrote:
[embed][/embed] He says that he has taken an unpleasant surprise of not being selected, that in Red Bud he received the visit of a certain Jack...

He says that he has taken an unpleasant surprise of not being selected, that in Red Bud he received the visit of a certain Jack Pol to see if Musquin had the motivation for the MXDN he said yes, he was going to give everything for the race , and that the relationship with Ferrandis is good, that he knows the track well, that this year Musquin is a very good level, up in supercross and motocross, that the team of KTM Red Bull was willing to put everything for the MXDN
I am not an insider, so take it with a grain of salt, but just an hour ago someone on motoverte.com has thrown a rumor that the decision of not selecting him may be partially because his family is in a legal/insurance conflict with the federation/sx organizer where his older brother crashed and remained badly injured. I have also heard previously that this part of the track was dangerous and riders asked to change the jump, which is rare, and his brother crashed here later that night ... Sad story for his brother and I understand why his family is not happy about it.

Now the federation may have taken the decision solely based on Paulin's assets (motivation to sign a contract for next year, captain for 9 years including 4 team wins and multiple moto wins/podiums, etc), but this legal conflict may have been a factor in the decision too which would be ridiculous. Musquin may know that and it may actually make him even more sad as it can remind him about his brother incident. Everything is shady in this non selection so everyone is trying to understand.

Again, I am not an insider, so take it with a grain of salt ; sorry if it is out of the line I am fully ok if the mods remove this post.
aeffertz
8/8/2018 3:06pm
It's truly disappointing, for both Marvin and race fans alike, and I feel for the dude. You can tell he rode his absolute ass off at RedBud to show he knows the track well and has what it takes, has killed it before at the MXoN and has expressed passion and interest all through this motocross season about wanting to be on the team.

Fuck whatever bone headed, cast iron hearted federation that chose to exclude him from the team.
PJRAUS
8/8/2018 3:27pm
I feel sad for Marv, he deserves to be chosen.
It would be nice to have France's problem though....the team theyve chosen is still very good and probably right in the hunt.
Being an Aussie fan.....its gone from being a potential podium if we sent last year's team of Ferris, Gibbs and Lawrence, to a situation of who can we even choose? Actually, the riders have to fill out an application for MA and have to front up part of the expense money.
Ferris won't go, Gibbs got injured, Lawrence in a slump after being injured ( still probably our no 1 choice though ) Jed Beaton injured, Todd Waters in a slump after being injured, Hayden Melross??
Would be nice to have France's problems....
Im thinking we should just send our top two mx1 finishers ( after Ferris )from our own series and the mx2 winner...give em a shot...if they can afford to go
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/8/2018 3:39pm
Jt$ wrote:
So Tomac, Barcia, and Plessinger is team USA? Solid team Cool
8/8/2018 3:40pm
I’ll guess again that this is just the French federation wanting to stick it to Marv for declining in previous years. Kind of like there were people last year saying Tomac shouldn’t be picked this year since he has turned it down so many times.

Too bad that considering the circumstaces this decision will likely bite the federation in it’s ass. Should have swallowed their pride and picked Marv.
Question
8/8/2018 4:10pm
I’ll guess again that this is just the French federation wanting to stick it to Marv for declining in previous years. Kind of like there were...
I’ll guess again that this is just the French federation wanting to stick it to Marv for declining in previous years. Kind of like there were people last year saying Tomac shouldn’t be picked this year since he has turned it down so many times.

Too bad that considering the circumstaces this decision will likely bite the federation in it’s ass. Should have swallowed their pride and picked Marv.
This is a strong possibilty too.

What I am mad about is Musquin got the news from the french federation video, without being noticed before and explained personnally why it would be like that. The lack of communication, transparency, and real reasons from the federation shows a real lack of respect for our riders. Pure arrogance whereas they are paid by the fans.

It makes me think it could bite them (this year or next ones) as if any of the 3 riders get injured before the event I doubt Musquin would come back with a big smile, whereas we actually have only 4 riders in total that are capable to score a top 12 (well, except in a mudder like last year!).
8/8/2018 4:11pm
I’ll guess again that this is just the French federation wanting to stick it to Marv for declining in previous years. Kind of like there were...

I thought he had wanted to ride every year but got passed over? Was there a year when he did decline? I may have missed it
KiwiJack
8/8/2018 4:17pm
I thought he had wanted to ride every year but got passed over? Was there a year when he did decline? I may have missed it
I too was always under the impression that this had been the case.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
8/8/2018 4:20pm
Musquin Anderson Osbourne Team Puerto Rico.
Marvin finishes in front of the French team every moto.

Question
8/8/2018 4:25pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Musquin Anderson Osbourne Team Puerto Rico.
Marvin finishes in front of the French team every moto.

That would be bad ass and actually a good preparation to get back to race shape for the mec.

Puerto Rico for the win ! Woohoo
DonM
8/8/2018 4:47pm

The only one I'm aware of he skipped was to have surgery on his wrist.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
8/8/2018 5:27pm
It's a good problem to have when the French team has so many great racers that they can be competing without Musquin. That's the reality - if Marv was crucial he'd be on the team.
make1go
8/8/2018 6:16pm
gotta thinks theres bad blood from years ago and the prick is using his position to screw mm, and mx fans world wide.

like to know who it is and the back story.

(might be mm brothers injuries, but i thought it was before that)

8/8/2018 6:34pm
gt80rider wrote:
Awesome, gives us a better chance of winning! Thanks France!!
You yanks said that the last few years
Crush
8/8/2018 7:31pm
ruy wrote:
[embed][/embed] He says that he has taken an unpleasant surprise of not being selected, that in Red Bud he received the visit of a certain Jack...

Question wrote:
I am not an insider, so take it with a grain of salt, but just an hour ago someone on motoverte.com has thrown a rumor that...
I am not an insider, so take it with a grain of salt, but just an hour ago someone on motoverte.com has thrown a rumor that the decision of not selecting him may be partially because his family is in a legal/insurance conflict with the federation/sx organizer where his older brother crashed and remained badly injured. I have also heard previously that this part of the track was dangerous and riders asked to change the jump, which is rare, and his brother crashed here later that night ... Sad story for his brother and I understand why his family is not happy about it.

Now the federation may have taken the decision solely based on Paulin's assets (motivation to sign a contract for next year, captain for 9 years including 4 team wins and multiple moto wins/podiums, etc), but this legal conflict may have been a factor in the decision too which would be ridiculous. Musquin may know that and it may actually make him even more sad as it can remind him about his brother incident. Everything is shady in this non selection so everyone is trying to understand.

Again, I am not an insider, so take it with a grain of salt ; sorry if it is out of the line I am fully ok if the mods remove this post.
If that's the case i'm both not surprised and disappointed... Same stinky shit is rumoured down here from time to time.

Weak as.
kkawboy14
8/8/2018 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 7:33pm
peelout wrote:
prediction: Team France shows up to the race in a white Ridgeline and Red-Bud guy flips them the bird and calls them pussies
Yeah but they pool their ca$h, purchase the biggest YETI full of beer for the after party!
rc4187
8/8/2018 8:09pm
Team Puerto Rico:
Anderson
Musquin
A. Martin
agn5009
8/8/2018 8:23pm
rc4187 wrote:
Team Puerto Rico:
Anderson
Musquin
A. Martin
Baggett, AMart and Ronnie Mac (unfortunately)
ledger
8/8/2018 8:43pm
I hate this for Marv and Mathilda.
Johnny Ringo
8/8/2018 8:55pm
Sounds like vital should send a team. Seems to be the only group of folks that want Marv

Post a reply to: NO MUSQUIN AT MXDN

The Latest