NJ peeps

Mxjuncks
11/12/2017 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2017 6:25pm
Sure hope not! I was there today, there every weekend for the most part. That would really suck. Can’t wait to move down south where there are tracks everywhere Dry
aedwards07
11/12/2017 6:33pm
The story that i got is the main track is going away. All the dirt will be moved to the practice track which will now be the race track as well. This will make way for more storage for all those cars from the floods etc.
yz133rider
11/12/2017 7:42pm
Have to move where there are more and better tracks. Living in this area is making me not love riding lately. Several hour drive to anything decent and expensive on top of it.
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
11/13/2017 9:53am
aedwards07 wrote:
The story that i got is the main track is going away. All the dirt will be moved to the practice track which will now be...
The story that i got is the main track is going away. All the dirt will be moved to the practice track which will now be the race track as well. This will make way for more storage for all those cars from the floods etc.
the flood cars from all the hurricanes in southern states.?

The Shop

Camp332
11/13/2017 10:13am
aedwards07 wrote:
The story that i got is the main track is going away. All the dirt will be moved to the practice track which will now be...
Same story I heard also.
stax199
11/13/2017 10:28am
WHAT???
how real is this?.. I go to both tracks at e-town weekly. Hope this place stays open with any tracks.. please let me know if anyone has more info.
geo309
11/13/2017 11:39am
aedwards07 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Same story I heard also.
Same thing I heard. Hope it all works out.
PastranaWho
11/13/2017 11:41am
aedwards07 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Same story I heard also.
geo309 wrote:
Same thing I heard. Hope it all works out.
So no sunday practice track??
NJKawi913
11/13/2017 11:58am
That sucks if what everything being said is true. Englishtown as a whole facility has been fighting hard against the community and developers to try and stay open. I love the place but would not be suprise to see it closed down in 5 years
shunter986
Fantasy
527th
11/13/2017 12:18pm
I have confirmed that everything is being moved to practice track. I was also told they are doing it to make a much bigger track to get bigger races in there. I believe they will still hold practice when not racing. This comes from reliable source close to the track. This is all I know and I hope its as accurate as I think.
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
11/13/2017 1:09pm
Well I hope it's not happening by Wednesday cuz I'm tryna hit practice on the main track!
MxProdigy17
11/13/2017 1:52pm
I work at the track and have no idea what is going on. I have heard the same rumors but not from any reliable source. There will definitely be a track just not sure what the exact plan is.
TheCRKid
11/13/2017 3:11pm
Personally I like the Race track best
No matter what they do I hope they stay open
Been going there for a solid 30 years
11/13/2017 4:14pm
Probably not. People around me tell me all the time certain things are happenings to tracks but nothing ever happens.
suzrider982
11/14/2017 4:46am
I have heard the same. Moving everything from the race track over to the practice side
Dcross829
11/14/2017 7:06am
Man I love the race track if this is true hopefully they take the softer dirt over to the practice track. If they needed space why wouldn't they wipe the practice track out and keep the race one?
FahQ
11/14/2017 8:22pm
Heard the same, move racetrack dirt to practice track. Make one big track.
Wider and longer is what I heard.
Hope they can keep the track rock free!
Should only affect practice when races are scheduled. Which sucks for me cause a bunch of the practice days I rode this year there was a race going on at the race track.
11/14/2017 8:23pm
Huckster wrote:
Heard a rumor today that Raceway park(Englishtown) is going away. Any truth?
Not going away. Practice track and main track are being combined
11/15/2017 7:32am
aedwards07 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Same story I heard also.
Yup, That's the word on the street. I was told they will be making room for increased storage AS WELL AS expanding upon the drag strip/ car tracks.

I had heard that the track is already "closed" (for now) and they will be eliminating the race track and rebuilding what is currently the practice track. I am really hoping they completely re-design the practice track and bring over better dirt. Hopefully this won't take them to long and we can have a new layout to learn.

Personally, while I LOVED the race track, I was not a fan of the practice track in the past. So for me having one practice/race track is not a big deal. It definitely was nice to have two options to ride and mix things up, but I have faith in the guys involved in making these changes.
11/15/2017 7:44am
shunter986 wrote:
I have confirmed that everything is being moved to practice track. I was also told they are doing it to make a much bigger track to...
I have confirmed that everything is being moved to practice track. I was also told they are doing it to make a much bigger track to get bigger races in there. I believe they will still hold practice when not racing. This comes from reliable source close to the track. This is all I know and I hope its as accurate as I think.
I sure hope they are making it a bigger and better facility!

I know they have been interested and looking to host additional larger scale races the last few years, So hopefully this is an effort to make that happen.

At this point this is a really old rumor but; I was told that E-Town had even (supposedly) tossed their hat in the ring to host a Pro National at one time. According to that rumor, in order to host larger scale events, like an amateur national, they needed to expand some parts of the track, improve the facilities and create additional parking / a larger pit area.

Whatever happens I am sure it will end up being a fun new track and hopefully we will be seeing some high profile races held in our backyard.
JBlain619
11/15/2017 7:49am
aedwards07 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Same story I heard also.
Yup, That's the word on the street. I was told they will be making room for increased storage AS WELL AS expanding upon the drag strip/...
Yup, That's the word on the street. I was told they will be making room for increased storage AS WELL AS expanding upon the drag strip/ car tracks.

I had heard that the track is already "closed" (for now) and they will be eliminating the race track and rebuilding what is currently the practice track. I am really hoping they completely re-design the practice track and bring over better dirt. Hopefully this won't take them to long and we can have a new layout to learn.

Personally, while I LOVED the race track, I was not a fan of the practice track in the past. So for me having one practice/race track is not a big deal. It definitely was nice to have two options to ride and mix things up, but I have faith in the guys involved in making these changes.
Track isn't closed. They are having practice this weekend on the main track. Just called to verify.

Interesting note...there's a place on the main page that you can sign up for text messages for when the track cancels events (ie races, practices, etc).
11/15/2017 8:08am
JBlain619 wrote:
Track isn't closed. They are having practice this weekend on the main track. Just called to verify. Interesting note...there's a place on the main page that...
Track isn't closed. They are having practice this weekend on the main track. Just called to verify.

Interesting note...there's a place on the main page that you can sign up for text messages for when the track cancels events (ie races, practices, etc).
O cool, that's good to know. Thanks
usafwx
11/15/2017 7:07pm
That would really suck, I learned how to ride and fell in love with moto riding both those tracks and FOD before moving to this shithole called Tucson, Arizona. I don't think you guys realize how good you have it in NJ when it comes to facilities. Tracks in Phoenix are closing, hard packed, hot and Tucson's one and only track is garbage, enough that I sold my bike shortly after getting here. Raceway park has such a history, though the practice track needs some love and combining the two for one giant one should weed out the squid population there on Sundays (C class is straight up suicide practice) would still be sad to see the race track disappear and all the memories associated. Definetly a time in my life I wish I could go back too. Moto and best friends.
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
11/15/2017 7:40pm
Just rode the main track today. Still open for now but the rumors sound true unfortunately. I'm nostalgic and Raceway Park means a lot to me. It was the first motocross track I ever went to and where I grew up racing. But since it's not disappearing (if speculations are true) and simply relocating to the current practice track location, then so be it. Time to make some new memories!
NJKawi913
1/17/2018 5:06am
it appears as thought this rumor is true to some capacity. A reputable drag racing managine and editor wrote that they are ceasing drag racing operations for car storage. I can only hope that the rumors of combining the dirt into one track is also true.
MX915
1/17/2018 7:42am
Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

Post a reply to: NJ peeps

The Latest