NJ Field of Dreams

sandtrack315
I love riding this track but it seems like they can’t figure out how to water the place. Bone dry in most spots and muddy as hell in others. I just started riding there this season. Has it always been like this? Is the owner receptive to feedback?

Also, props to the track crew and flaggers that have been braving the heat lately.
|
sandtrack315
7/18/2019 6:28pm
DPR250R wrote:
Should be fun on Saturday Sick
They are closed Saturday. I rode this Wednesday and it was pretty hot but bearable. I was the first rider on the track and most of the track was dry. They watered after I said something and it came around a bit but still not great. I told the owner he should water more and he claimed they watered all night. I have never owned or prepped a track but damn it seems soaking it before we ride would make a huge difference. Is he just skimping on paying for water or what?
Naanak
7/18/2019 7:24pm
I went this past Sunday and for how hot and dry it’s been lately it was really good. The turns were sloppy the first practice or two but ended up having nice ruts all day. They watered once all day and dust was only an issue in one turn. I guess I’m used to riding dry beat sand pits so I don’t mind it much.
sandtrack315
7/19/2019 4:40am
Naanak wrote:
I went this past Sunday and for how hot and dry it’s been lately it was really good. The turns were sloppy the first practice or...
I went this past Sunday and for how hot and dry it’s been lately it was really good. The turns were sloppy the first practice or two but ended up having nice ruts all day. They watered once all day and dust was only an issue in one turn. I guess I’m used to riding dry beat sand pits so I don’t mind it much.
Yeah, maybe they do a better job on the weekends. Just weird that they do all that prep and skimp on watering right before the track opens.

The Shop

phatfi20
7/19/2019 6:21am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2019 6:21am
Been going here for years. This place usually does a good job imo. Probably because of the heat lately its hard to keep moisture in. They do seem to water pretty heavy over night and it is commonly muddy in the AM. I dont hate that strategy though. If its muddy in the AM, that usually means prime conditions later in the day.

If you want to talk about a track that needs water. The landing MX on the other hand in easton puts 4 drops of water in the morning and its dusty by noon. You can't even follow/battle someone safely because the lines are clouded by their dust.
sandtrack315
7/19/2019 9:48am
phatfi20 wrote:
Been going here for years. This place usually does a good job imo. Probably because of the heat lately its hard to keep moisture in. They...
Been going here for years. This place usually does a good job imo. Probably because of the heat lately its hard to keep moisture in. They do seem to water pretty heavy over night and it is commonly muddy in the AM. I dont hate that strategy though. If its muddy in the AM, that usually means prime conditions later in the day.

If you want to talk about a track that needs water. The landing MX on the other hand in easton puts 4 drops of water in the morning and its dusty by noon. You can't even follow/battle someone safely because the lines are clouded by their dust.
Oh for sure I wish it was muddier in the AM! Must just be them not adapting to how fast it dries out with this heat.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
7/19/2019 6:56pm
Fall time is the best to ride it. Dirt holds water and track gets gnarly. Once it gets hot...forget it. It’s a dust fest. Been riding there since they opened and that’s how it’s always been.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
7/19/2019 6:56pm
They soak the hell out of it and then decide to water it when it’s hard packed concrete and dried out
sandtrack315
7/20/2019 12:52pm
They soak the hell out of it and then decide to water it when it’s hard packed concrete and dried out
Yeah I don’t get their strategy for watering in the summer. It obviously doesn’t work.

How’s Englishtown these days?
Colrob43
8/13/2019 9:50am
What is the best tire combination to run here at FOD ?
08r1dilla
8/13/2019 5:48pm
Heard they changed the track up, anyone rip it yet?
Colrob43
8/13/2019 5:53pm
Will be there Saturday, hence the question on best tires to run

Post a reply to: NJ Field of Dreams

The Latest