NHHA Round 1

LungButter
Another great ride by Taylor Robert, far from 100% and he still grabbed the win! 5 plates and stitches in his mouth just weeks ago. TR just has another gear that a lot of these guys can't find.

Where was Sutherlin?

Where was Brabec?]

Can TR run the table this year?
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/30/2018 9:48am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 9:49am
LungButter wrote:
Another great ride by Taylor Robert, far from 100% and he still grabbed the win! 5 plates and stitches in his mouth just weeks ago. TR...
Another great ride by Taylor Robert, far from 100% and he still grabbed the win! 5 plates and stitches in his mouth just weeks ago. TR just has another gear that a lot of these guys can't find.

Where was Sutherlin?

Where was Brabec?]

Can TR run the table this year?
Sutherlin is chasing the Big 6 and WORCS titles this year instead, as that is what his funding and support will work with. Brabec has chosen to focus on his future in Rally...I think he might do one or two this year though? I can't remember his exact words on that part...

If Robert stays upright, he'll run away with it...
Titan1
1/30/2018 10:24am
With no Brabec or Sutherlin...Robert has no real competition out there...no disrespect to the other competitors, but Taylor is on a different level at the moment. (As was KC66 before him, and Destry Abbott Before him).
MelonFan123
1/30/2018 10:59am
I agree Taylor Robert is the favorite to win it, but don't sleep on a healthy and focused Kendall Norman. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a few rounds. That dude can haul ass out there.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/30/2018 11:02am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 11:08am
I agree Taylor Robert is the favorite to win it, but don't sleep on a healthy and focused Kendall Norman. I wouldn't be surprised if he...
I agree Taylor Robert is the favorite to win it, but don't sleep on a healthy and focused Kendall Norman. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a few rounds. That dude can haul ass out there.
I have no doubt Kendall has the talent to win a round, but as long as he's been out...he's not in it for the title against Taylor unless TR ruins it for himself.

Taylor is a freak of nature. I remember the opening round of WORCS in 2010...showed up riding for Valli Yamaha, wins the race against Brown by 1 min, Caselli by nearly 2 min, and Dietrich by 3 mins...limps up to the podium and says he blew his knee out on the second lap...rode for another hour and 40 minutes like that.

The Shop

Titan1
1/30/2018 11:20am
I agree Taylor Robert is the favorite to win it, but don't sleep on a healthy and focused Kendall Norman. I wouldn't be surprised if he...
And I did forget about Norman...he's a former NHHA champ, and has the talent to win it again. He's a beast in the desert. I hope he gets back to top form, he does have the potential to make it interesting for some race wins with Taylor.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
1/30/2018 12:05pm
I posted in there that I think part of the problem with Western states off road racing is the pure amount of series competing against each other. It deludes the competition down and the crowds. Also don't think it helps that only 1 race comes to the whole PNW. IMO there really only should be 1 BIG series that everyone runs and then some local/regional stuff. Seems disjointed to me. I really like what the Big 6 series is doing, hopefully it can avoid the failures that WORCS experienced.
BajaWaldo
1/30/2018 1:02pm
Titan1 wrote:
And I did forget about Norman...he's a former NHHA champ, and has the talent to win it again. He's a beast in the desert. I hope...
And I did forget about Norman...he's a former NHHA champ, and has the talent to win it again. He's a beast in the desert. I hope he gets back to top form, he does have the potential to make it interesting for some race wins with Taylor.
Norman stopped for a downed rider (Burson) & still came back for a 3rd! Still a beast IMO...

TR had an okay start & was probably top 30 (at best) at the end of 2 mile bomb run. By check 4 (our check), he had a couple minutes on Argubright and Norman..
1/30/2018 1:49pm
mx510 wrote:
I posted in there that I think part of the problem with Western states off road racing is the pure amount of series competing against each...
I posted in there that I think part of the problem with Western states off road racing is the pure amount of series competing against each other. It deludes the competition down and the crowds. Also don't think it helps that only 1 race comes to the whole PNW. IMO there really only should be 1 BIG series that everyone runs and then some local/regional stuff. Seems disjointed to me. I really like what the Big 6 series is doing, hopefully it can avoid the failures that WORCS experienced.
I heard a rumor about big 6 possibly turning into a national series. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

I wish Taylor was racing that series against KR557, bell, yorba, Thompson, Trevor Stewart ect
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
1/30/2018 2:31pm
I heard a rumor about big 6 possibly turning into a national series. Not sure if there is any truth to that. I wish Taylor was...
I heard a rumor about big 6 possibly turning into a national series. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

I wish Taylor was racing that series against KR557, bell, yorba, Thompson, Trevor Stewart ect
That would be awesome, Washougal could have a really cool Big 6 race. There are several places up here that would be really fun.
LungButter
1/30/2018 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 2:32pm
I heard a rumor about big 6 possibly turning into a national series. Not sure if there is any truth to that. I wish Taylor was...

Results would be the same. TR is top dog on the west coast, period. I believe he won every WORCS race he did last year and most those guys were in that series.

He's been riding his ADV bike a lot the past couple years, I hope he's the next guy to get the nod for the Rally team. He's got what it takes to run up front at those events...insane speed and smarts to go with it.

He's proven himself on the world stage at ISDE more than once so I really hope KTM sees it the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kendall sneak in a win or two, he's unreal in the Desert and has a lot of experience as well.
Stuntman949
1/30/2018 3:24pm

I don't see that happening considering its a District 37 series hosted by District 37 clubs. It is however interesting to see how far north and how far east the Worcs series is willing to go.

Post a reply to: NHHA Round 1

The Latest