NEW paintings of Magoo & McFarlane unveiled at MXoN

robkinuk
9/25/2010 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 12:13pm
As promised, here's a link to article on the NEW paintings of Magoo & Andrew McFarlane unveiled at the MXoN Saturday night.
Let me know what you think of them? and good luck to all the teams at lakewood!

http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/new-paintings-of-magoo-mcf…
|
pilotdude
9/25/2010 10:11pm
Very nice Rob, well done.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
9/25/2010 10:16pm
Great work Rob and great tributes!
DC
9/25/2010 11:47pm
Rob, I was there tonight when they unveiled the paintings of Magoo and Sharky and they were dazzling and very, very cool. Paul Malin was the host and he got very joked up talking about Andrew especially. I wish you had been there because the paintings were well-received and the subjects were well honored. The tribute and the paintings were exceptional.

The McFarlane painting is one of my favorite so far, by the way. Well done.

DC
MX Sports
M-M
9/25/2010 11:56pm
Great paintings Rob

The Shop

wow123
9/26/2010 2:28am
Great stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

uk125250
9/26/2010 5:27am
One day I'm going to have enough to buy one of your works of art. Amazing talent. It looks like you do it with it with the wrong had too! Lol jk
Kurt
9/26/2010 8:01am
Wow, just beautiful. I especially like the flowing sand on the McFarlane piece. Almost a look of flames. I know you got just what you were looking for there.
We're all blessed you're like-minded and willing to share your talent.
Thank you.
Mstock
9/26/2010 8:08am
Amazing. Priceless works of art. You are an asset to the world of motocross.
robkinuk
9/26/2010 8:10am
DC wrote:
Rob, I was there tonight when they unveiled the paintings of Magoo and Sharky and they were dazzling and very, very cool. Paul Malin was the...
Rob, I was there tonight when they unveiled the paintings of Magoo and Sharky and they were dazzling and very, very cool. Paul Malin was the host and he got very joked up talking about Andrew especially. I wish you had been there because the paintings were well-received and the subjects were well honored. The tribute and the paintings were exceptional.

The McFarlane painting is one of my favorite so far, by the way. Well done.

DC
MX Sports
Davey,
I too, am getting choked up here reading your comments!
Glad to hear the paintings got a great response. The McFarlane painting is also a personal favorite, it just seemed to spring out from the canvas as I was painting it!
A few weeks ago I was able to email Andrew's wife Natalie and daughter Taya a private unveiling and she loves it too!
The Magoo painting was an emotional journey for me, as Danny was a close friend whom I had the honour to spend the last 3 MXoN at Budds Creek, Donington Park and Franciacorta.
I hope it reminded many fans of the hero Danny was, in all our eyes and the legacy he leaves behind.
With the change in event format, his 4 moto record will never be broken and that a fitting tribute to an icon of our sport.
Sadly this MXoN coincided with the exchange of contracts on my late Mum's house, so I was unable to make the journey this year, but like many fans worldwide, I'm as close to the event as I can be, through my computer.
If the racing lives up to the qualifying action, we are in for a barnstormer of an event!

Here's an earlier portrait I did of Magoo from Donington MXoN.
Ozzy
9/26/2010 9:25am
Rob,
Awesome painting of Andrew!
I enjoyed the "124" & it was a pleasure to have worked
with him and his family.
Dave O.Wink
TerryK
9/26/2010 9:33am
Amazing Rob, simply amazing. We are truly blessed to have such a talented artist and a true moto enthusiast who understands motocross in our sport. Thank you!
Clutchy
9/26/2010 10:16am
Thanks for sharing Rob...... Amazing work.
robkinuk
9/26/2010 11:11am
Thought I'd share this e-mail I got from David Bailey. We were joking about both being left handed and watching the event on internet!.

hi Rob,
Lefty's Ha!

Well, we can both use our imaginations today, which is actually a good thing. I saw pictures and a few tweets yesterday and it looked like a good day. Everybody had a chance to shine.
I'm not one of those Go USA, screw the rest people. I would like to see a really competitive and exciting day. Doesn't matter who wins to me. That said the US does seem the most complete, but you
never know. I was very happy for Andrew. Very happy. Ryan and Trey have what appears to be long bright futures so I'm really just pulling for Andrew to have a great experience. I think
Marvin will be on form today and make it tough on Trey. Ryan probably got his mulligan out of the way, but there are still so many things that can happen. I hope that place is packed today!

Keep up the good work Rob

David
steve_97060
9/26/2010 11:17am
Rob, those pictures amazing, you are an incredible talent...
9/26/2010 11:24am
robkinuk wrote:
Thought I'd share this e-mail I got from David Bailey. We were joking about both being left handed and watching the event on internet!. hi Rob...
Thought I'd share this e-mail I got from David Bailey. We were joking about both being left handed and watching the event on internet!.

hi Rob,
Lefty's Ha!

Well, we can both use our imaginations today, which is actually a good thing. I saw pictures and a few tweets yesterday and it looked like a good day. Everybody had a chance to shine.
I'm not one of those Go USA, screw the rest people. I would like to see a really competitive and exciting day. Doesn't matter who wins to me. That said the US does seem the most complete, but you
never know. I was very happy for Andrew. Very happy. Ryan and Trey have what appears to be long bright futures so I'm really just pulling for Andrew to have a great experience. I think
Marvin will be on form today and make it tough on Trey. Ryan probably got his mulligan out of the way, but there are still so many things that can happen. I hope that place is packed today!

Keep up the good work Rob

David
Awesome paintings Rob, and thanks for sharing the Bailey email
jeffro503
9/26/2010 11:51am
Damn Rob.....i love your work man! wish i had skills like that.
robkinuk
9/26/2010 4:11pm
Nice mention by commentator Paul Malin , when covering podium about the Magoo painting presentation to Dave Clabaugh.
Well done Team USA MXoN Champions for the 21st time!
robkinuk
9/28/2010 4:24am
Thanks everyone for your kind words and feedback!
I'm looking forward to producing another great painting to celebrate Ryan, Trey and Andrew's amazing victory in Lakewood!
Stay tuned.
jndmx
9/28/2010 5:35am
Absolutely beautiful work as always Rob.
You really capture the emotion and life of the riders in your work.

What you do goes far beyond just a picture of someone.
robkinuk
9/29/2010 3:36am
jndmx wrote:
Absolutely beautiful work as always Rob. You really capture the emotion and life of the riders in your work. What you do goes far beyond just...
Absolutely beautiful work as always Rob.
You really capture the emotion and life of the riders in your work.

What you do goes far beyond just a picture of someone.
Hey jndmx, thanks for your praise, might just have to use that one on my website!
Cheers,
Rob
jndmx
9/29/2010 5:45am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2010 5:47am
robkinuk wrote:
Hey jndmx, thanks for your praise, might just have to use that one on my website!
Cheers,
Rob
Well deserved Rob, feel free to use my quote.

I don't think people realize the challenge of creating something that combines the accuracy of reproducing an object that people are very familiar with and taking it to that next level in creativity.
The detail work on the bikes, sponsor logos, gear designs etc....which many people know well and then adding in the intangible emotional elements is a very unique aspect of your work.

Not to mention your technique is excellent, I love your use of the palette knife on that one of Magoo.

Post a reply to: NEW paintings of Magoo & McFarlane unveiled at MXoN

The Latest