NEW format at A2

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 10:06 AM

How will the new 3 race affect the races and riders?

Are the timed practice filling the gates with the main events? I saw there is something like a race for the LCQ but done before the night show?

Shorter races will force the racers to be a LOT more aggressive so how will the AMA/Feld/FIM react to riders mashing the crap out of each other?

IMO Bam Bam could get things done if he rides like the normal Bam Bam!!!

|

1/20/2018 10:12 AM

"I saw there is something like a race for the LCQ but done before the night show?"

Those LCQ's will be shown on Race Day Live. The night TV show starts right off with main events.
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/20/2018 10:29 AM

I went to the MEC in 2016 for the format. Spouse didn’t mind it was in Vegas. Fun trip.

I think it is apples and oranges though with championship points on the line, this isn’t an exhibition race.

The start will be the top 3 keys to the race in the 1st main, top two in the second main, and tops in the 3rd.

I’ll bet there are gonna be a lot of racers who just dreamed of podiums before launching the first main with a rear sprocket the size of a pizza, 4th gear start.

It’s gonna be either very exciting and a hit, or a cluster with triage. Hope the former.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

1/20/2018 11:01 AM

The points still pay the same correct? Except its overall rather than single winner. I think it'll be very interesting and shake up the championship.I'm a fan of the changes this year, but I'm glad they didnt add a joker lane in.

|

1/20/2018 11:05 AM

I agree, I think its going to be a hit though, as long as they stick to doing it this way for a only a few races a year. Now they just need to follow my other advise and do about 2 double headers since they want to add more sx races. Could add 2 races and the season would be the same length and it wouldn't cut into outdoors.

|