NEED people to ride with in Phoenix!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2018 7:44 AM

Used to ride/race in northern Nevada. After 3 years I finally got my bike down here in AZ and I’ve got nobody to go riding with. I’m a bit rusty but for the most part I’m a decent rider just gotta get back into the groove of things. I know where to go I just need people to go with.

|

7/26/2018 9:25 AM

Where do you ride at?

|

7/26/2018 9:33 AM

I’m out of gilbert, I’ve hit motoland a few times and I’m gonna go out to bulldog canyon after work today.

|

7/26/2018 9:55 AM

I lived in Phoenix for 4 long years. Our bikes got stored in the garage from May until October. Isn't it like 116 there today? blink You sir are hardcore!

|

7/26/2018 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 10:01 AM

Just south of Paradise... wrote:

I lived in Phoenix for 4 long years. Our bikes got stored in the garage from May until October. Isn't it like 116 there today? ...more

Haha I’ve lived in the valley my whole life and I work outside in the heat everyday 6 days a week so I don’t mind it too much, just gotta drink a lot of water!

|

7/26/2018 10:03 AM

Right on. That’s probably an hour or so from where I’m at. I’ve been to Motoland once but I was too much of a squid honestly, the dirt was very marbled. The folks there are great tho. I usually ride Canyon MX but I won’t be riding much until it cools down. Where’s bulldog canyon? I could use some riding buddies

|

7/26/2018 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 10:09 AM

I have a few buddies I ride desert with, we have been finding some of the best riding spots after searching for a few years (wildcat pass, boulders, four peaks, sycamore). Go to flagstaff every other weekend in the summer. My roommate has a couple hundred acres up there. We are in the process of having a huge event there with a fully built GP style track. It will be a private event so I'll post a thread when it gets finished and find a solid group to have up there.

|

7/26/2018 10:14 AM

Kelz bulldog is just south of saguaro/butcher Jones and right above AJ. I have yet to try canyon cause I gotta get too bed too early for work but I’ll try to make it out there.

|

7/26/2018 10:20 AM

Hell yeah skeef I’m in.

|

7/26/2018 10:57 AM

skeef wrote:

I have a few buddies I ride desert with, we have been finding some of the best riding spots after searching for a few years ...more

Now that sounds like a good time.

|

7/26/2018 11:39 AM

I'm hoping to get a job out there soon as well. Stand up jetski/ boating, and moto are my deal. I might have to revive this thread then.

|

7/26/2018 12:18 PM

Hey guys let me jump in on this too. Moved to AZ 5 months and looking for people to ride with. Although I am towards the other end of the valley (Goodyear) I don't mind driving a bit to ride. Moto, desert, trails....I'm up for just about anything. Went to Arizona Cycle Park for the first time a couple of weeks and was definitely bit rusty, but had a great time. Shoot me a PM or I'll just keep an eye on this thread.

|

7/26/2018 12:26 PM

skeef wrote:

I have a few buddies I ride desert with, we have been finding some of the best riding spots after searching for a few years ...more

I grew up in Scottsdale/Tempe and bring my bike down when I visit friends and family. I usually hit Canyon on the way down from Vegas and love how much nicer it is from when I was racing in the late 90s and early 2000's. If that track your talking about is up in Flag, I am down to drive out from Vegas when you guys get it up and running!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

7/26/2018 12:27 PM

DaMoose wrote:

Hey guys let me jump in on this too. Moved to AZ 5 months and looking for people to ride with. Although I am towards the other ...more

You sir, hands down are next to the best track in the state. Arizona Cycle Park is awesome.

|

7/26/2018 12:28 PM

We ride moto every Sunday hit pretty much all the tracks PM your # and ill shoot you a text let you know where we are goin this weekend....

|

7/26/2018 1:09 PM

Damn, wrong Phoenix.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

7/26/2018 1:14 PM

Just picked up a new bike and stationed in Tucson, I have a few friends in phoenix who I ride with, been to ACR and Canyon, wasn't a fan of my home track in Tucson, MP park. Haven't tried motoland. Always down for more people to ride with and places to go.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

7/26/2018 3:38 PM

usafwx wrote:

Just picked up a new bike and stationed in Tucson, I have a few friends in phoenix who I ride with, been to ACR and Canyon, ...more

I am in Tucson as well and ride Motoland most weekends. Not a big fan of MC. Haven't been there in a few years.
Send me your number and we can arrange to ride there sometime. I'll introduce you to a bunch of us from Tucson that ride there. Or if you show up out there, I'm the slow old guy on the #249 Yamaha. Either on an 18 450 or a YZ125.
I haven't been out there for the last month as I have been working on a house with my son for him and his new wife. (He's 20 and just married).

Same offer for any other fellow Arizonans. It's always good to meet new people at the track!

|

7/26/2018 5:15 PM

usafwx wrote:

Just picked up a new bike and stationed in Tucson, I have a few friends in phoenix who I ride with, been to ACR and Canyon, ...more

Not many people know about it right now, but they opened up Ocotillo MX in Eloy again and they are reworking parts of the track/dirt - mainly the dirt right now. It's open for riding on Saturdays and Sundays, and they are looking to be open Wednesday nights again coming soon. But right now, Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings are open. Jordan's goal is to get the dirt there very similar to the dirt at ET, but be more moto-friendly and simply just be open more often than ET is. That track has a super fun layout with fun jumps. If you are down south, you gotta go to Ocotillo and check it out. I'm a big Motoland fan as the owners are awesome people. We also like to go out to ACP and Canyon - but both of those are a haul from the Chandler/Gilbert area. We hit up ET when they are open a few times a year. Right now, Ocotillo is my favorite track along with ACP.

We are headed to ACP this weekend and Ocotillo next weekend (saturdays).

Anybody looking to ride can PM me and I'll let you know when we go out. We have riders of all levels from beginners to former Pro riders (who are still very fast). We ride mainly tracks but also know a ton of cool desert spots to go to.

|

7/26/2018 5:18 PM

usafwx wrote:

YZDAD wrote:

I am in Tucson as well and ride Motoland most weekends. Not a big fan of MC. Haven't been there in a few years.
Send me your ...more

We ride Motoland too and as I said in the above post, coming from Tucson north you gotta go check out Ocotillo in Eloy. They are working on the track (mainly the dirt) to constantly improve it - but that's hard to do if you don't get money from people riding there. That's a very fun track if you like to jump. Check it out sometime. We plan to go there next Saturday.

|

7/26/2018 6:21 PM

I don’t know how you guys ride this time of year. I’m out in Havasu now and it’s hot as balls. Need to take a trip over to Prescott or Flag sometime soon to get some seat time.

|

7/26/2018 7:24 PM

Summer moto is alive and well in Phoenix, you just gotta get out early. I’m in Gilbert and try to get to either canyon or motoland every other weekend. Going to one of them this sunday. Message me, I’ll let you know. Acp is awesome, but a haul from the east valley. Et is good as well when it’s open. Bulldog is sweet, but never Had the bike out there. Usually head to that vicinity in the Family mobile (RZR).

|

7/26/2018 7:29 PM

Well boys bulldog was fun for the first time back out but it was boring as all hell, more of a sidebyside/truck area. I’m gonna be hitting motoland or acp this sunday, most likely Moto though. Photo
Photo

|

7/26/2018 7:37 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

We ride Motoland too and as I said in the above post, coming from Tucson north you gotta go check out Ocotillo in Eloy. They ...more

I'm looking to ride with my cousin when I visit AZ this year. This track caught my eye.

|

7/26/2018 8:17 PM

elhampiton wrote:

Well boys bulldog was fun for the first time back out but it was boring as all hell, more of a sidebyside/truck area. I’m ...more

For trails, I think it's hard to beat the Wildcat area up by Bartlett lake. This is where they filmed part of Moto The Movie (don't remember which #) with Taylor Robert and Destry Abbott. That area is the best I've ridden in AZ for single track. not saying there aren't other areas that are good or even better. Bulldog is more of a UTV track than for Moto. I'll look for your bike sometime when at the track and will say hello. I'm on a blue 2018 YZ450.

|

7/27/2018 2:19 AM

YZDAD wrote:

Send me your ...more

Awesome man!!! Thank you. I'll PM you my number. I'll be back from being deployed next week and then some time with family but definately will be wanting to rip up my new bike shortly after. MC though its small and like 10 minutes from my house, the layout just isnt challenging/what I'm used to with the tracks back in Jersey and the crowd/people seemed tight knit and not many. Still getting used to riding in the heat though it seems almost everyone rides night or the winter time.
I just picked up a 19 YZ250F, had a 14 and 15, spent a year on a 16 YZ125, then 16 CRF250R before I sold it all (don't ask) and took a year off. Good luck with the house, I did 3 summers construction and always down to help for some pizza and beer.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

7/27/2018 2:21 AM

TbonesPop wrote:

Not many people know about it right now, but they opened up Ocotillo MX in Eloy again and they are reworking parts of the ...more

Thanks man! When I get back from this deployment and family time, I'll definately have to hit you up and check out Ocotillo.

|

11/9/2020 3:50 PM

My son Grant, 25, is moving to Phoenix on 12/3/2020 and is looking for a room to rent/roommate situation.

Do you have any recommendations?

Photo

|