NECK BRACE

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2019 2:42 PM

THE GOOD AND THE BAD?

|

2/28/2019 2:47 PM

Nope not another

|

2/28/2019 2:49 PM

Photo
|

2/28/2019 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 2:53 PM

Look, you can google threads about what people think of neck braces.

This is my opinion (i don't care what others think. Use a neck brace or don't use one, i don't care):

I got the first version of the Leatt when it came out. It was horrible on me, it didn't fit at all. Then i got the chance to try the first version on the Alpinestars brace and it was slightly better. But it was still not good enough. I went probably close to 10 years without wearing a brace until 2 weeks ago.

A friend of mine crashed really, really hard on an indoor AX track. He was wearing the white version of the newer Alpinestars brace (i got to try it that day, it fitted me way better than the old braces). This was the result. Photo

The neck brace went into 7-8 pieces but nothing happened to his neck, it was only sore. He broke 2 ribs and cracked his collarbone, not because of the brace because the track was as hard as a dirt track could ever be. If you crash on your head or shoulder on that track you will probably get hurt.

That made me get the latest Alpinestars BNS tech 2 brace. It works well with the A-1 chest protector and within one day i got used to wearing it and i barely notice it.

|

2/28/2019 2:52 PM

Rotella T

|

2/28/2019 3:11 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/28/2019 7:31 PM

What’s more important your neck or knee braces?
I wear both

|

2/28/2019 7:57 PM

I use gas to clean my air filters

|

2/28/2019 8:01 PM

I’d rather be a little un comfy than be in an incident where I was left wondering what would of happened if I had one on. In this sport cheaping out on equipment isn’t the answer.

|

2/28/2019 8:02 PM

zehn wrote:

Rotella T

LMFAO laughing

|

James

2/28/2019 8:45 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Look, you can google threads about what people think of neck braces.

This is my opinion (i don't care what others think. Use a neck brace or don't use one, i don't care):

I got the first version of the Leatt when it came out. It was horrible on me, it didn't fit at all. Then i got the chance to try the first version on the Alpinestars brace and it was slightly better. But it was still not good enough. I went probably close to 10 years without wearing a brace until 2 weeks ago.

A friend of mine crashed really, really hard on an indoor AX track. He was wearing the white version of the newer Alpinestars brace (i got to try it that day, it fitted me way better than the old braces). This was the result. Photo

The neck brace went into 7-8 pieces but nothing happened to his neck, it was only sore. He broke 2 ribs and cracked his collarbone, not because of the brace because the track was as hard as a dirt track could ever be. If you crash on your head or shoulder on that track you will probably get hurt.

That made me get the latest Alpinestars BNS tech 2 brace. It works well with the A-1 chest protector and within one day i got used to wearing it and i barely notice it.

Hi Motofinne, what was the temperature out when this brace shattered??

I shattered one yesterday [more than 10 pieces] temperature out was 35 degrees.

|

2/28/2019 8:47 PM

zehn wrote:

Rotella T

SoCalMX70 wrote:

LMFAO laughing

Delo!!!!

|

Go Hawks!

2/28/2019 11:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 12:17 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Look, you can google threads about what people think of neck braces.

This is my opinion (i don't care what others think. Use a neck brace or don't use one, i don't care):

I got the first version of the Leatt when it came out. It was horrible on me, it didn't fit at all. Then i got the chance to try the first version on the Alpinestars brace and it was slightly better. But it was still not good enough. I went probably close to 10 years without wearing a brace until 2 weeks ago.

A friend of mine crashed really, really hard on an indoor AX track. He was wearing the white version of the newer Alpinestars brace (i got to try it that day, it fitted me way better than the old braces). This was the result. Photo

The neck brace went into 7-8 pieces but nothing happened to his neck, it was only sore. He broke 2 ribs and cracked his collarbone, not because of the brace because the track was as hard as a dirt track could ever be. If you crash on your head or shoulder on that track you will probably get hurt.

That made me get the latest Alpinestars BNS tech 2 brace. It works well with the A-1 chest protector and within one day i got used to wearing it and i barely notice it.

Ti wrote:

Hi Motofinne, what was the temperature out when this brace shattered??

I shattered one yesterday [more than 10 pieces] temperature out was 35 degrees.

I would guess around 5-8 celcius.

|

2/28/2019 11:17 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Look, you can google threads about what people think of neck braces.

This is my opinion (i don't care what others think. Use a neck brace or don't use one, i don't care):

I got the first version of the Leatt when it came out. It was horrible on me, it didn't fit at all. Then i got the chance to try the first version on the Alpinestars brace and it was slightly better. But it was still not good enough. I went probably close to 10 years without wearing a brace until 2 weeks ago.

A friend of mine crashed really, really hard on an indoor AX track. He was wearing the white version of the newer Alpinestars brace (i got to try it that day, it fitted me way better than the old braces). This was the result. Photo

The neck brace went into 7-8 pieces but nothing happened to his neck, it was only sore. He broke 2 ribs and cracked his collarbone, not because of the brace because the track was as hard as a dirt track could ever be. If you crash on your head or shoulder on that track you will probably get hurt.

That made me get the latest Alpinestars BNS tech 2 brace. It works well with the A-1 chest protector and within one day i got used to wearing it and i barely notice it.

Ti wrote:

Hi Motofinne, what was the temperature out when this brace shattered??

I shattered one yesterday [more than 10 pieces] temperature out was 35 degrees.

Motofinne wrote:

I would guess around 5-8 celcius.

THANK YOU!! I appreciate the info.

|

3/1/2019 12:18 AM

zehn wrote:

Rotella T

SoCalMX70 wrote:

LMFAO laughing

mx510 wrote:

Delo!!!!

927

|

3/1/2019 1:28 AM

I ride with a Leatt 4.5 neck brace, as well as knee braces and 2 wrist braces. I don't even notice that they are on anymore, and after reading the statistics and studies done on neck braces, I am even more set now that i wont ride without one. I think for the cost and the benefit, and how un-noticeable they are to ride with, i think the more you can have the better.

|

Everytime you post someting stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Be smart, for the kids.

3/1/2019 4:48 AM

My son recently had a crash while training in Florida. He basically lawn darted into the dirt head first. He was air lifted out to a trauma centre with back pain amongst some other pains. He was wearing his Atlas neck brace. In the end he compression broke his T5,T6 and T7 vertebrae but his neck is 100% good. He had bruising on his face from helmet impact which indicates the force of impact. He had no other injuries. No collarbone, no neck no concussion. Without doubt he was able to leave the hospital walking under his own power (with a back brace for 6-10 weeks) because he had on his neck brace. He wont ride without wearing one.

|

3/1/2019 1:39 PM

228jeff wrote:

My son recently had a crash while training in Florida. He basically lawn darted into the dirt head first. He was air lifted out to a trauma centre with back pain amongst some other pains. He was wearing his Atlas neck brace. In the end he compression broke his T5,T6 and T7 vertebrae but his neck is 100% good. He had bruising on his face from helmet impact which indicates the force of impact. He had no other injuries. No collarbone, no neck no concussion. Without doubt he was able to leave the hospital walking under his own power (with a back brace for 6-10 weeks) because he had on his neck brace. He wont ride without wearing one.

And this is it, atlas brace did what it was designed to do.

|