NC track props

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 9:58 AM

Made a trip to NC last weekend, started at Club MX then went to Silver Valley and West Craven. Really enjoyed Silver Valley and West Craven, even though they are about as diverse as you can imagine.

KC

|

2/28/2018 9:59 AM

I'm happy to be living back in NC after living in San Diego broCAL the last 5yrs.

|

two wheels lifestyle
Kyle Pulley
selling powersports @TeamCharlotteMotorsports
3004 Freedom Dr. Charlotte NC 28208
Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, & Preowned Harley Davidson

2/28/2018 10:30 AM

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like you hit some good spots. I've never been to West Craven, but the dirt/sand looks awesome.. and isn't it only like $15/rider??

What were your thoughts on ClubMX?? One heck of a complex they've got there... I assume you rode the Practice Facility track that's open to the public?

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

2/28/2018 10:48 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like you hit some good spots. I've never been to West Craven, but the dirt/sand looks awesome.. and isn't it only like $15/rider??

What were your thoughts on ClubMX?? One heck of a complex they've got there... I assume you rode the Practice Facility track that's open to the public?

I rode West Craven on Sunday, it was definitely a fun track with a good layout and nice coastal NC sand. It was $15 for each rider and Joseph was on top of track prep and water all day.

|

2/28/2018 11:01 AM

752dad wrote:

Made a trip to NC last weekend, started at Club MX then went to Silver Valley and West Craven. Really enjoyed Silver Valley and West Craven, even though they are about as diverse as you can imagine.

KC

When did you go to ClubMX? I was there Saturday, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the practice facility so busy, it was packed.

|

2/28/2018 11:01 AM

752dad wrote:

Made a trip to NC last weekend, started at Club MX then went to Silver Valley and West Craven. Really enjoyed Silver Valley and West Craven, even though they are about as diverse as you can imagine.

KC

Can I ask what you didn't like about Club MX PF?

|

2/28/2018 11:23 AM

Club was good, like the fact that it’s open every day.
Would have liked to be able to ride the big track there.

KC

|

2/28/2018 11:45 AM

752dad wrote:

Club was good, like the fact that it’s open every day.
Would have liked to be able to ride the big track there.

KC

They have an annual open house each fall where all the tracks are open to the public, plus they usually do a few other select dates for this, typically after the Outdoors season is over. The big track (front track that I'm sure you're referring to) is pretty sick, but bro let me tell ya, their sand track is down right BRUTAL. By far, hands downs, without a doubt, the most humbling experience I've ever had riding moto.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

2/28/2018 12:33 PM

We wee at 421 MX and east bend over the weekend. Both are great tracks.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

2/28/2018 12:45 PM

West craven was so worth it. I’ve never even heard of a $15 track before.

|

2/28/2018 12:55 PM

752dad wrote:

Club was good, like the fact that it’s open every day.
Would have liked to be able to ride the big track there.

KC

F150Motocrosser wrote:

They have an annual open house each fall where all the tracks are open to the public, plus they usually do a few other select dates for this, typically after the Outdoors season is over. The big track (front track that I'm sure you're referring to) is pretty sick, but bro let me tell ya, their sand track is down right BRUTAL. By far, hands downs, without a doubt, the most humbling experience I've ever had riding moto.

I’ve been curious about the sand track but I always forget to ask about it when I get there. Is it open for anyone that pays to ride the practice track, or do you have to be on one of their weekly/monthly training programs to have access to it?

|

2/28/2018 1:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 1:12 PM

thatswhathappens wrote:

I’ve been curious about the sand track but I always forget to ask about it when I get there. Is it open for anyone that pays to ride the practice track, or do you have to be on one of their weekly/monthly training programs to have access to it?

The only track available to the public on the regular basis is the Practice Facility track. The other tracks are all off limits accept to the guys who pay to train at ClubMX. If you want to ride the sand track, go in late October when they have their open house

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

2/28/2018 1:13 PM

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Next time make sure to make it to jimmy weinerts training facility. Place is like a play ground for mx. Like club but less serious.

|

2/28/2018 1:33 PM

752dad wrote:

Made a trip to NC last weekend, started at Club MX then went to Silver Valley and West Craven. Really enjoyed Silver Valley and West Craven, even though they are about as diverse as you can imagine.

KC

thatswhathappens wrote:

When did you go to ClubMX? I was there Saturday, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the practice facility so busy, it was packed.

We were at Club on Friday. Silver Valley on Saturday and West Craven on Sunday.
$15 to ride a well prepared track is unheard of here in Michigan.

|

2/28/2018 1:40 PM

Had planned to go to 421 or East Bend on Sunday, one of them was hedging their bet on weather, so we made the trek to West Craven.
Went to JWTF last year liked the track but the water truck sat parked all day, track was parched.

KC

|

2/28/2018 1:41 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

They have an annual open house each fall where all the tracks are open to the public, plus they usually do a few other select dates for this, typically after the Outdoors season is over. The big track (front track that I'm sure you're referring to) is pretty sick, but bro let me tell ya, their sand track is down right BRUTAL. By far, hands downs, without a doubt, the most humbling experience I've ever had riding moto.

thatswhathappens wrote:

I’ve been curious about the sand track but I always forget to ask about it when I get there. Is it open for anyone that pays to ride the practice track, or do you have to be on one of their weekly/monthly training programs to have access to it?

F150Motocrosser wrote:

The only track available to the public on the regular basis is the Practice Facility track. The other tracks are all off limits accept to the guys who pay to train at ClubMX. If you want to ride the sand track, go in late October when they have their open house

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I follow the practice facility’s own Instagram account and they’ve posted video clips of the sand track before, which can be a little confusing.

|

2/28/2018 1:54 PM

752dad wrote:

Had planned to go to 421 or East Bend on Sunday, one of them was hedging their bet on weather, so we made the trek to West Craven.
Went to JWTF last year liked the track but the water truck sat parked all day, track was parched.

KC

421 is my go-to, personally. The track is always pretty well-maintained, the dirt is great and the jumps are relatively safe, which is great for someone like myself who can only make it out 1-2 times a month. East Bend is the same, safe but fun.

|

2/28/2018 7:11 PM

thatswhathappens wrote:

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I follow the practice facility’s own Instagram account and they’ve posted video clips of the sand track before, which can be a little confusing.

If you catch them on a really rare rainy spell they wont operate the Practice Track and open up the sand track to the public. I grew up riding sand so i love it but its challenging, some lanes are really similar to the sand section at Tampa last weekend. It will expose your fitness or lack there of.

|

3/1/2018 5:28 AM

I’ve been to Club and Silver Valley. Silver Valley is a fun layout and a big boys track for sure. West Craven looks on point tho! Kinda looks like sand but with good top soil, a little tight and jumpy but good flow which is key. Anymore input on West Craven?

|

3/1/2018 7:02 AM

What about NCMP? Also thinking about Birch Creek but kinda sketched by how many quads ride there.

|

3/1/2018 7:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 7:47 AM

MotoMaverick989 wrote:

I’ve been to Club and Silver Valley. Silver Valley is a fun layout and a big boys track for sure. West Craven looks on point tho! Kinda looks like sand but with good top soil, a little tight and jumpy but good flow which is key. Anymore input on West Craven?

West craven is a fun track, dirt is great, some big jumps if you are daring. Joseph the owner will make sure you get the best experience. Be it track condition, rv set up, going around checking in on everyone, fire pit and cookout when it's cold, even use of tools and shop if you break something. They have a kids track and woods trails so make sure you bring the pit bikes when you go.
He does free cookout/ ride days every once in a while. Usually when he changes the track. Try to make it to one of those

|

3/1/2018 8:03 AM

Revised practice track down at Club looks better too. Looks like it flows better now.

|

3/1/2018 8:10 AM

MotoMaverick989 wrote:

What about NCMP? Also thinking about Birch Creek but kinda sketched by how many quads ride there.

Birch Creek just posted this on Facebook the other day..

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.