NC-MX-Kid Update - Ways to Donate

TJMX947
Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 7:37am
About two weeks ago I notified you guys that one of our fellow members was in dire need of prayers. Kyle Pulley was injured in a road motorcycle accident on Sunday 10/8. A merging vehicle struck his Harley from behind causing Kyle to lose control and hit an abandoned car on the side of Hwy 74 in Charlotte.

Kyle suffered from a compound fracture in his femur and his arm (not humorous), as well as femoral artery damage, and a lacerated liver. Thankfully no head or other internal injuries. As we speak Kyle is awake and has been active on social media with updates. The initial prognosis was that Kyle would lose his right leg as the doctors felt the damage was too great to save. Kyle got a second opinion and after a surgery with Dr. Joseph Hsu they have a plan in place to try to it.

By the end of week 1 Kyle endured three surgeries and as of this post has been in the hospital for 15 days straight. Surgery #4 is scheduled for tomorrow. As all of us know this type of care is not cheap and an injury of this magnitude can be financially devastating. Kyle does have insurance however the financial burden of a lost income will be very significant. There are a few ways to help out:

1)
Paypal #PulleyStrong Sticker

2)
Kyle's Go Fund Me

3)
Kyle lived in San Diego from 2012 - 2017 while his wife was getting her Oriental Medicine degree. He worked at Motoworld of El Cajon and was very active in the moto community. On November 10th Cahuilla Creek will be having a ride day with the proceeds going directly to Kyle.

|
TJMX947
10/23/2018 7:58am
Chuck Shirley of Privateer Connection in Rock Hill South Carolina is also heading up an effort to help the Pulley family. A customer donated a Large 6D ATR-1 with all proceeds going directly to Kyle.

TJMX947
10/23/2018 8:03am

This was Monday after the injury.

X-Ray - Femur is in bad shape. Don't mind the hardware...just normal moto guy stuff Tongue

Taken after 3rd Surgery, which was to put a plan in place to save the leg. Dr. Joseph Hsu moved muscles from the back of Kyle's leg and placed them over the front. Not sure why but Kyle can speak to it.

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/23/2018 8:27am
Thanks for posting for others to see, Kyle is a good dude.
500guy
10/23/2018 8:29am
Man that is just brutal, best wishes on a full and speedy as possible recovery.

The Shop

10/23/2018 10:36am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2018 10:37am
Good call posting this here Travis.... Just sent funds through PayPal to Chuck. Very, very cool of whoever donated the helmet..
TJMX947
10/23/2018 12:21pm
Good call posting this here Travis.... Just sent funds through PayPal to Chuck. Very, very cool of whoever donated the helmet..
Yessir! I spoke with KP Friday night and he gave me his blessing to post the fundraiser stuff. The helmet donation was supercool. I hope I win it and you don't. Just sayin Laughing
Yamaha573
10/24/2018 7:01am
Worked with Kyle for a few years while he was out west and rode with him on occasion out at the Southern California tracks. Hardcore moto guy that loves the sport and needs our support.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
10/24/2018 10:29pm
Got to know him while he was out here through a mutual friend. Good guy that needs our support ! Latest news from his FB page not what we were hoping for. Prayers, positive vibes sent. We're thinking about you Kyle ! Stay strong !(Poolman Bill)
TJMX947
10/25/2018 6:04am
sumdood wrote:
Got to know him while he was out here through a mutual friend. Good guy that needs our support ! Latest news from his FB page...
Got to know him while he was out here through a mutual friend. Good guy that needs our support ! Latest news from his FB page not what we were hoping for. Prayers, positive vibes sent. We're thinking about you Kyle ! Stay strong !(Poolman Bill)
Yeah - He told me Tuesday night after his surgery that things weren't looking good. I try not to get too far ahead of myself with putting his business out there. I'm sure he's coming to grips with his future and I don't want to bring him further down.

I will tell you he has a huge heart and is genuinely one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Wherever he goes he's making friends and making everyone smile. The nurses in the hospital were really taken back by the amount of visitors and they were like "Who are you? Are you famous?" I knew the outpouring of love would be big because he is a staple in the Charlotte Moto scene and I would be surprised to find someone who doesn't like him.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
10/25/2018 7:36am
sumdood wrote:
Got to know him while he was out here through a mutual friend. Good guy that needs our support ! Latest news from his FB page...
TJMX947 wrote:
Yeah - He told me Tuesday night after his surgery that things weren't looking good. I try not to get too far ahead of myself with...
Yeah - He told me Tuesday night after his surgery that things weren't looking good. I try not to get too far ahead of myself with putting his business out there. I'm sure he's coming to grips with his future and I don't want to bring him further down.

I will tell you he has a huge heart and is genuinely one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Wherever he goes he's making friends and making everyone smile. The nurses in the hospital were really taken back by the amount of visitors and they were like "Who are you? Are you famous?" I knew the outpouring of love would be big because he is a staple in the Charlotte Moto scene and I would be surprised to find someone who doesn't like him.
I hope that post didn't bring him down in any way. Was certainly not my intention. He's been pretty open about it on facebook. If anyone has the mindset to stay positive through this it's him. Like you said he's one of the nicest positive guys that I've ever met.
TJMX947
11/1/2018 11:49am
Bump - So Cal guys please head out to Cahuilla Creek on November 10th, your money will be going to a good cause! Thanks to anyone who has donated so far!

Update to anyone concerned. Kyle did lose his right leg between the knee and ankle. Its much better than his initial prognosis of losing it above the knee. As of right now Kyle is under the knife for surgery #8, which is on his leg (not really sure what they're doing).

He is in good spirits and is finally getting outside to breathe some fresh air. If anyone is friends with him on social media he posts updated stories just about everyday. Not sure what happens from here but I will post updates as I get them.

Post a reply to: NC-MX-Kid Update - Ways to Donate

The Latest