NBC sports has got to go

2stroked
Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 1:45pm
Is anyone else having issues trying to watch the moto's today? Especially over the last month?

First moto's and second moto's lots of lag, coverage cuts in and out a lot. Doesnt matter if im on promotocross.com, the NBCsports app on my iphone, or watching it on my TV (verizon fios). It'll just freeze, then play two ad's, one or two minutes of racing, then freeze and show me ad's again.

So over it!!! Whats the point of live coverage if you watch more ad's than racing? At least when it was on n motoworld on espn2 years ago it was solid quality and coverage. Even though it was a day delay. I would figure that NBC wouldn't have these kinds of issues.
|
zehn
8/15/2015 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 3:42pm
Whatever problems you're having with your television feed is likely due to your provider and not the channel. I've never had any trouble with the live coverage being laggy or whatever.

As far as watching on the web, I've yet to watch ANY sporting event on the web that didn't have connection issues at one time or another.
BSmooth13
8/15/2015 4:01pm
I believe the series could benefit from a better broadcast partner if they are able to get one - or at least one that prioritizes the races over advertising, because it's abundantly clear that dynamic does not exist in NBC's current format. That said, I don't know if it is possible for MX Sports to find a partner outside of NBC. The most unfortunate part is that I don't believe that any of our opinions make a bit of difference in that matter, but that's business, I suppose.
h&m_cycle
8/15/2015 4:05pm
NBC has NASCAR another 9 more years during the summer... Get used to it... I got to watch the second motos
tonight at 11:00... there is no live tv for second motos... I'm not using a fucking NBCSN app, I shouldn't have to
I pay enough every month...
DownSouth
8/15/2015 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 4:10pm
I have not had any issues all year long with the coverage. I do not get MAV TV so I watch the first motos online and since I subscribe to Comcast I have access to watch the second motos online when they do not air live on NBCSN.

No complaints here other than the second 450 moto feed cutting out for a couple of laps today.

The Shop

DPW
8/15/2015 4:11pm
DownSouth wrote:
I have not had any issues all year long with the coverage. I do not get MAV TV so I watch the first motos online and...
I have not had any issues all year long with the coverage. I do not get MAV TV so I watch the first motos online and since I subscribe to Comcast I have access to watch the second motos online when they do not air live on NBCSN.

No complaints here other than the second 450 moto feed cutting out for a couple of laps today.
^^^ this
ChrisB10
8/15/2015 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 4:13pm
The TV coverage is terrible but the nbcsports app has worked flawlessly for me. I always have internet/4g lte so I hope they stick with nbc because that means I can always watch the motos whenever/whereever.
WVUpetro2013
8/15/2015 4:14pm
The only issues I had was the delay on moto 2 of 450s and the times nascar runs over, but oh well at least the channel is pretty accessible.
8/15/2015 5:08pm
^This. I'd be down to pay for a subscription if it would mean i get all 4 motos live without ads, or atleast no ads during the racing itself. That is really what MXGPTV is doing so yeah.

---
Can't complain about the USA sx coverage though. All the races (heats / semi's / LCQ / Mains - the whole night show really) are just avaible on livestream.com/supercrossLIVE
We can watch everything there for free live and afterwards.
Only personal downside there is that i have to rely on vpn software or plugins to bypass the content block that was used for Belgium (why ? ... contract stuff with Fox Sports is my guess). My trick during the winter was to use German VPN and it all went smooth without issue. Which is kinda funny cause in Germany the GEMA is a real pain in the ass especially on youtube and stuff ...
Question
8/15/2015 5:12pm
^This. I'd be down to pay for a subscription if it would mean i get all 4 motos live without ads, or atleast no ads during...
^This. I'd be down to pay for a subscription if it would mean i get all 4 motos live without ads, or atleast no ads during the racing itself. That is really what MXGPTV is doing so yeah.

---
Can't complain about the USA sx coverage though. All the races (heats / semi's / LCQ / Mains - the whole night show really) are just avaible on livestream.com/supercrossLIVE
Only personal downside there is that i have to rely on vpn software or plugins to bypass the content block that was used for Belgium (why ? ... contract stuff with Fox Sports is my guess). My trick during the winter was to use German VPN and it all went smooth without issue. Which is kinda funny cause in Germany the GEMA is a real pain in the ass especially on youtube and stuff ...

Well so how do we bring new people to a sport that is closed to the public ?
8/15/2015 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:26pm
^This. I'd be down to pay for a subscription if it would mean i get all 4 motos live without ads, or atleast no ads during...

---
Question wrote:

Well so how do we bring new people to a sport that is closed to the public ?
Well my personal method would be this, put up the full moto's and races up on youtube on an official page related to the series or whatever. (could be done farely fast once the race is completed given the right technicall setup and connections) Put adds on it and there you go. People can watch the full race for free while the body who puts the races on there earns money from the adds. If done right it can actually lead to a nice income... And pretty much everybody these days has either phones or tablets or laptops or desktops that are able to acces internet and watch youtube videos.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/15/2015 5:53pm
Well my personal method would be this, put up the full moto's and races up on youtube on an official page related to the series or...
Well my personal method would be this, put up the full moto's and races up on youtube on an official page related to the series or whatever. (could be done farely fast once the race is completed given the right technicall setup and connections) Put adds on it and there you go. People can watch the full race for free while the body who puts the races on there earns money from the adds. If done right it can actually lead to a nice income... And pretty much everybody these days has either phones or tablets or laptops or desktops that are able to acces internet and watch youtube videos.
The income from Youtube is not even close to high enough to cover the costs to film and produce the races... NOT EVEN CLOSE.
8/15/2015 6:04pm
ML512 wrote:
The income from Youtube is not even close to high enough to cover the costs to film and produce the races... NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Ye i understand that there's no arguing about that. I still believe that it could be implemented in some ways to please the worldwide crowds (eu / aus / asia ...) by sharing the footage on a more publicly accesable platform. But i understand that the main money comes in from the tv contracts.

I know allot of people irl who i talk with about usa racing though and allot of them strugle to view the stuff around here. There is lots of interest from around here especially with big stars like Roczen & Musquin doing good over there.

It's not possible to please anyone thats for sure. Just a bit sad about how there is lots of issues to watch our beloved sport. (see todays race discussion topic - even people from USA couldn't figure out how to watch, thats not good to grow the sport media wise IMO)
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/15/2015 6:07pm
ML512 wrote:
Ye i understand that there's no arguing about that. I still believe that it could be implemented in some ways to please the worldwide crowds (eu...
Ye i understand that there's no arguing about that. I still believe that it could be implemented in some ways to please the worldwide crowds (eu / aus / asia ...) by sharing the footage on a more publicly accesable platform. But i understand that the main money comes in from the tv contracts.

I know allot of people irl who i talk with about usa racing though and allot of them strugle to view the stuff around here. There is lots of interest from around here especially with big stars like Roczen & Musquin doing good over there.

It's not possible to please anyone thats for sure. Just a bit sad about how there is lots of issues to watch our beloved sport. (see todays race discussion topic - even people from USA couldn't figure out how to watch, thats not good to grow the sport media wise IMO)
Not to be mean here, but I can't understand how people here can't figure it out... It's not that difficult. And currently, all the motos are uploaded to watch for free within 24 hours of the races being finished at ProMotocross.com which we also host on our homepage.
hillbilly
8/15/2015 6:11pm
I've had a good day,truck qualifications,some atvpro stuff to kill time,truck race,moto,xfinity mid ohio,

Now,kill time by grillin a big burger,pick a mater and slice it,build fire and star gazing now till 11,

Pop a top again
bob567
8/15/2015 6:12pm
MavTV televised the first set of motos again immediately after they showed it the first time today. If they don't have anything better to broadcast maybe televising the 2nd set of motos would make sense. The TV package was better last year. I'll take 4 different channels over not watching it live on nbcsn anyday.
plowboy
8/15/2015 6:24pm
hillbilly wrote:
I've had a good day,truck qualifications,some atvpro stuff to kill time,truck race,moto,xfinity mid ohio, Now,kill time by grillin a big burger,pick a mater and slice it,build...
I've had a good day,truck qualifications,some atvpro stuff to kill time,truck race,moto,xfinity mid ohio,

Now,kill time by grillin a big burger,pick a mater and slice it,build fire and star gazing now till 11,

Pop a top again
My tomatoes went crazy this year. I only planted heirloom...gnarly looking but the best flavor I've ever tasted. My granddaughter has her salt shaker by the backdoor and eats her fill every day. There ain't much in life better than a sun warmed vine ripe tomater.
JMR1976
8/15/2015 6:44pm
I have great internet speed. The NBC app shits the bed every weekend, does not mater if I'm on my phone Apple TV or iPad.
zehn
8/15/2015 6:51pm
ML512 wrote:
Not to be mean here, but I can't understand how people here can't figure it out... It's not that difficult. And currently, all the motos are...
Not to be mean here, but I can't understand how people here can't figure it out... It's not that difficult. And currently, all the motos are uploaded to watch for free within 24 hours of the races being finished at ProMotocross.com which we also host on our homepage.
The troglodytes will eventually weed themselves out
tiddlermx23
8/15/2015 7:01pm
I don't know what you're talking about. I clearly saw blip one pass blip two cleanly..

8/15/2015 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 7:17pm
ML512 wrote:
Not to be mean here, but I can't understand how people here can't figure it out... It's not that difficult. And currently, all the motos are...
I disagree. If the issue of geo restriction on the content would be fixed i would agree. People who just casually use IT material to surf around the web and wanna watch live streams or videos and can't view it because of the location they life at.

It gets allot more difficult to explaining what a vpn is, and how to use it is allready a step further ...

I don't know what countries exactly fall under the geo restriction of nbc but Belgium, France and Australia so far have it. So it is not as simple as just going on the vital homepage and click to watch the full motos!

RacerX states the following: " Visit Racer X Online and ProMotocross.com on your computer, phone or tablet to access the live stream of second motos in countries where race coverage is not available on television."

Sadly this is simply not true. Neither do we have the option to log-in with our network tv credentials due to the lack of NBC being avaible for us.

An example on how we have to go about to try to watch can be found by a post made by French forum member Question Here near the bottom of the page

I'm sorry lol i don't wanna make a scene in this topic. And neither do i find the title of the topic something worthy to be on the frontpage and get bumped by all my posts like this. (nbc should get some respect for sticking up for mx and helping the sport.. a bit) Just wanna get some thoughts and ideas out there.

I know the older people often like to talk about the Cycle news days and ESPN broadcasting races months later. But we are in the year 2015 now and pretty much everything is avaible live around the globe through Internet, PPV, streams, tv broadcastings etc...

Btw this is not all aimed at you ML512! i'll leave it at this good night guys.
sparky403
8/15/2015 11:03pm
I had the same issues today.... didn't matter what was happening in the moto....if Kawasaki bought a commercial at 39 minutes into the moto MSN played the add, the coverage of Robbie miler suffering his bike etc..

It was interesting that the commercials were perfectly streamed while the race had many lags (MsN buy some additional bandwidth).

I haven't had problems until the last two weekends....as the title race heats up...

what a surprise..... Msn is only concerned with revenue and not quality of service.... total shocker:-)
adastramx
8/15/2015 11:45pm
Happened to me too during 2nd 250 moto...you know what I did to make it better? Went out to a bar with my friends and came home to watch the DVR. Can't blame NBC for shitty internet service in the middle of Utah.
Tonynz
8/16/2015 1:01am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2015 1:03am
We get all 4 Moto's live here in New Zealand on Sky ( our pay TV )
bob567
8/16/2015 6:19am
Tonynz wrote:
We get all 4 Moto's live here in New Zealand on Sky ( our pay TV )
That's because you are not in america.
kkawboy14
8/16/2015 6:49am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2015 6:49am
It cost $12 million to show what they do now with NBC and mx only brings in $3 million so there is no way they will ever make it to MTV
hillbilly
8/16/2015 6:54am
hillbilly wrote:
I've had a good day,truck qualifications,some atvpro stuff to kill time,truck race,moto,xfinity mid ohio, Now,kill time by grillin a big burger,pick a mater and slice it,build...

Pop a top again
plowboy wrote:
My tomatoes went crazy this year. I only planted heirloom...gnarly looking but the best flavor I've ever tasted. My granddaughter has her salt shaker by the...
My tomatoes went crazy this year. I only planted heirloom...gnarly looking but the best flavor I've ever tasted. My granddaughter has her salt shaker by the backdoor and eats her fill every day. There ain't much in life better than a sun warmed vine ripe tomater.
I know, just a big slice on sourdough and a bunch of JFG mayo is a meal.

I planted some Jerusalem that look like they would taste awful but are sweet like candy.

Got a good stand of sweet taters cant wait to dig into.
8/16/2015 6:58am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2015 7:06am
DownSouth wrote:
I have not had any issues all year long with the coverage. I do not get MAV TV so I watch the first motos online and...

Exact same deal for me. I ended up rebooting the modem. After that, all was good. Great racing! This new attacking Dungey is pretty wild.

Edit add: I do get MAV with DIRECTV, but it is not in HD, so I tend to watch both motos via promotocross.com. My PC is cabled up with the big screen, so it is great, but for whatever reason, yesterday's 450 moto 2 was being a real pain. My internet is with Comcast, but I booted their cable TV service to get MAV on DIRECTV. I could not be happier with DIRECTV. Wait, yeah I could...carry MAV in HD!
71Fish
8/16/2015 7:34am
DownSouth wrote:

Exact same deal for me. I ended up rebooting the modem. After that, all was good. Great racing! This new attacking Dungey is pretty wild. Edit...
Exact same deal for me. I ended up rebooting the modem. After that, all was good. Great racing! This new attacking Dungey is pretty wild.

Edit add: I do get MAV with DIRECTV, but it is not in HD, so I tend to watch both motos via promotocross.com. My PC is cabled up with the big screen, so it is great, but for whatever reason, yesterday's 450 moto 2 was being a real pain. My internet is with Comcast, but I booted their cable TV service to get MAV on DIRECTV. I could not be happier with DIRECTV. Wait, yeah I could...carry MAV in HD!
I have the same setup. Got tired of trying to watch so I got busy with the chores my wife had lined up for me.
8/16/2015 7:37am
DownSouth wrote:

Exact same deal for me. I ended up rebooting the modem. After that, all was good. Great racing! This new attacking Dungey is pretty wild. Edit...

71Fish wrote:
I have the same setup. Got tired of trying to watch so I got busy with the chores my wife had lined up for me.
Haha, Fish! Once I rebooted the Comcast modem, we were golden. Plus, with DIRECTV, the 2nd motos have been recorded for me in HD. I plan on watching them again today.
RY9MX
8/16/2015 7:41am
Here's my issue. The coverage is great for such a small sport. It's the quality that sucks. I constantly have to refresh and the quality is so bad you can't make anything out sometimes. Watching the straight rhythm last year showed me that it's possible to stream in excellent quality with no glitches or problems. However red bull did it is the way to go IMO.

Post a reply to: NBC sports has got to go

The Latest