NBC sports gold

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2017 11:28 AM

NBC Sports Gold, and particularly the broadcast of Southwick leaves a lot to be desired for me. Whoever is directing this show needs to be fired. Two times Weigandt and Langston were commenting on a battle and the director changed the cameras to follow something else.

Just watched the end of the second moto; as soon as Eli crossed the finish they changed from following Copoper webb to Eli rolling to the podium. Then, rather than finding out who finished 2nd -10th, they go to a stationary camera with no commentators.

Sorry for the rant but they can do better...

|

7/9/2017 11:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 11:34 AM

They have a good product for the majority of the time. Sure, they make some mistakes, but dont we all? Could you imagine being critiqued for every little mistake, like misspelling a name or something? No biggie, really.

I, for one, am very glad it is an option now.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/9/2017 11:36 AM

acerbis wrote:

NBC Sports Gold, and particularly the broadcast of Southwick leaves a lot to be desired for me. Whoever is directing this show needs to be fired. Two times Weigandt and Langston were commenting on a battle and the director changed the cameras to follow something else.

Just watched the end of the second moto; as soon as Eli crossed the finish they changed from following Copoper webb to Eli rolling to the podium. Then, rather than finding out who finished 2nd -10th, they go to a stationary camera with no commentators.

Send NBC an email with your suggestions. The only way they can improve things is if they get feedback. No offense but complaining on here won't change much in regards to the way they broadcast the races.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/9/2017 11:42 AM

Well I think the NBC Sports Gold app is a smashing success! It's working great and I think it's an awesome product for a superfan like me

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

7/9/2017 11:42 AM

acerbis wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Send NBC an email with your suggestions. The only way they can improve things is if they get feedback. No offense but complaining on here won't change much in regards to the way they broadcast the races.

Good advice.

Maybe let this thread turn into what the other 19 threads about the "GOLD" package and then include links to all the threads, so they can really see how everyone on vital feels about it. wink

|

7/9/2017 11:45 AM

Even though it is not completely perfect It's still the pretty much best thing ever...

|

7/9/2017 11:45 AM

acerbis wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

X2

|

7/9/2017 11:48 AM

Xeno wrote:

Well I think the NBC Sports Gold app is a smashing success! It's working great and I think it's an awesome product for a superfan like me

I'm with all the folks that thinks it's a great product^^^!!!

|

7/9/2017 11:51 AM

Maybe I'm not seeing it but is anyone running it through the Xbox One?

I only see highlight replays and can't track down full race replays.

|

7/9/2017 11:51 AM

Don't forget that this is the first year that they are offering that package so just like everything else there's bound to be some issues and it won't be perfect. Feedback is how they learn about their mistakes and improve on things.

Personally I like it even though it was closer to 70$ than 50$ for us Canadians but it's commercial free and I can watch it whenever I want. Whether that's live or Saturday night or Sunday morning. Not having to wait to see it on TV is great since I don't have Mav TV or NBCSN. I only have NBC and they only air a couple of motos on that channel so in my opinion as a moto fan the price was a non issue.

Could some of the camera work be improved on? Absolutely but I at least get to watch the racing.

|

7/9/2017 12:02 PM

kzizok wrote:

They have a good product for the majority of the time. Sure, they make some mistakes, but dont we all? Could you imagine being critiqued for every little mistake, like misspelling a name or something? No biggie, really.

I, for one, am very glad it is an option now.

When you're in business and being paid for a product some critiquing is expected and warranted. I don't understand the mentality of well its pretty good so shut your mouth.

I'm happy we have this option now but I think improvements need to be made. Watching ONLY first place cross the finish line on more than one occasion is bad coverage.

|

7/9/2017 12:06 PM

acerbis wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

YES. Contact the NBC GOLD support people about technical issues. I have gotten good responses from the NBC Gold support email link.

support@NBCSportsGold.com

However the poor camera direction problems are not the fault of NBC Gold, that goes back years on both the Supercross and National Motocross telecasts and the problem is with the production company and their producer/director that does both Supercross and the National Motocross programs.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/9/2017 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 12:15 PM

Lots of good comments.

I watch it through Apple TV. I will grade it a B. My biggest issues are production hiccups. Very sloppy at times. Yes it's better than nothing, however in 2017 it should be close to perfect. I'll do it again next year. Wege and bone-head do a good job.

I watch the GPs on CBS Sports... now that is painful!

|

7/9/2017 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 1:04 PM

For the people who pay for the sports channels to have NBC and the app kinda got screwed. I don't see why they took the NBC app away.

|

7/9/2017 1:26 PM

I like the split screen I can do with some Nascar events (Fox app on AppleTV). Watch the race on the main screen and the in-car (can choose between about 4 or 5 drivers) on the smaller screen. Would love to be able to do this for Moto. Seems like a no-brainer.

As far as the end of the race? I can't imagine Weigandt's too happy about it either. He sure seemed to emphasize the on-going podium determining battles even when the camera was on the moto winner.

|

7/9/2017 2:20 PM

I like the guy on YouTube who has a live feed of the races for free

|

7/9/2017 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 2:29 PM

acerbis wrote:

I thought they fix that for tv, we are watching it as it happens on the Willie Wonkas Golden Ticket

|

7/9/2017 2:52 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Don't forget that this is the first year that they are offering that package so just like everything else there's bound to be some issues and it won't be perfect. Feedback is how they learn about their mistakes and improve on things.

Personally I like it even though it was closer to 70$ than 50$ for us Canadians but it's commercial free and I can watch it whenever I want. Whether that's live or Saturday night or Sunday morning. Not having to wait to see it on TV is great since I don't have Mav TV or NBCSN. I only have NBC and they only air a couple of motos on that channel so in my opinion as a moto fan the price was a non issue.

Could some of the camera work be improved on? Absolutely but I at least get to watch the racing.

They had the exact same thing last year, minus the no commercials, for no extra charge last year. Practice, live motos, replays, everything. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

7/9/2017 7:44 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

JM485 wrote:

They had the exact same thing last year, minus the no commercials, for no extra charge last year. Practice, live motos, replays, everything. . .

I'll admit I was disappointed when they announced that the free version wasn't going to be available this year because as a Canadian resident I was able to watch all the motos for free as an international viewer and I didn't really mind the commercials. I wasn't excited to pay the 70$ for something I had access to at no charge last year but not having any commercials has been really nice.

I understand that it's a business but a lot of people who had access to it last year for free can't even watch this year because the package is not available in their country. I don't understand the reasoning behind it but it sucks for those people. Some are willing to pay but can't because the country is on the restricted list. NBC should look into that because I'm sure they are losing quite a bit of money by not letting those country having access to the content.

All in all what you get for the price is worth it in my opinion. For those that already pay for Mav TV and NBC on their TV package it sucks that the NBC Gold package isn't available for free or at least at a discount. If I was in that situation you bet your ass that I would contact NBC and let them know about it. If you pay to have it on your TV for 12 months out of the year it shows you're a loyal customer and that in my opinion should be enough to at least get the Gold package at a discount.

Unlike supercross the stream actually works.

|

7/9/2017 8:05 PM

The only reason I paid $85 for the FireTV Box and $50 for the Gold MX package was Mav on Directv in SD totally sucks ass. All I can say is I am more than satisfied with NBC Gold and we would do it again. Having no commercial ads is a big deal. cool

|

7/9/2017 8:13 PM

Add me to the list that think it's great! I had Direct TV with all the channels that I needed to watch it, but I still bought it anyway. I recently cut the cord, so I like it even more now! Also, I went to Southwick this past weekend and when I got back to my campsite, I was able to relax and watch the motos while grilling my steak and enjoying a cold carbonated beverage

|

7/9/2017 8:15 PM

I didn't put up the $50 until round 3 and I am loving this product. I especially like to feel like I'm a part of the pre race practices and the ability to hit the replay and watch the races anytime

|

7/9/2017 8:48 PM

Another great reason I dig on the NBC Gold is, I don't have to buy a 4'x4' Calendar and multiple colored highlighters to mark the day's. Then scroll through my TV guide squinting to make sure I am recording the correct times, and have the correct recording's verbiage so it doesn't record the wrong eventunsure angry

|

7/9/2017 8:56 PM

i think the switching to the winner no matter what battle is going on is going to come down the tv contracts/sponsors that are out of someones hands. its pretty obvious that whoever is punching the monitors/switching is under orders to show only the winner after he wins. been like this for while now.

|

7/9/2017 9:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 9:26 PM

I concur. I was pissed they cut away at the end of moto 2. The camera coordination sucks and it's been that way all season.

|

7/9/2017 9:30 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

Another great reason I dig on the NBC Gold is, I don't have to buy a 4'x4' Calendar and multiple colored highlighters to mark the day's. Then scroll through my TV guide squinting to make sure I am recording the correct times, and have the correct recording's verbiage so it doesn't record the wrong eventunsure angry

Amen

|

7/9/2017 10:38 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

Hut wrote:

Amen

Yea I loved how Dish Network or whoever decided to change the name of the Supercross races in the guide all year. I kept missing rounds because the morons couldn't decide what they wanted to call it and it would not record the next round. Motorcycle Racing, Supercross, Monster Energy Supercross. I guess whatever felt right that day.

|

7/9/2017 10:41 PM

Monster energy paid them millions to rush to the podium , to get the shot of eli tomac drinking water out of his monster energy can! All about the $$$ now

|

2018 crf 250r

7/9/2017 10:50 PM

motosurf wrote:

Always watch it that way.

|

7/9/2017 10:57 PM

motosurf wrote:

Mr. G wrote:

Always watch it that way.