NBC Sports / NBC Sports Gold on Roku?

Wintyfresh
Is anyone else using the NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold app on Roku to watch Supercross/Motocross? I'm unable to pause or rewind during the live broadcast, which is incredibly annoying. I've either got to watch 100% live or wait until the whole thing's over. The pause/rewind functionality works fine on my PC, so just curious if others are encountering this same problem and if anyone has discovered a fix.
|
ChingLongBing
1/8/2019 2:41pm
It's been that way as long as I've had my Roku. It was that way with the Gold app for outdoors too.
Kawi425
1/8/2019 10:23pm
How is the quality of it all? I am considering giving in and buying the shit just so I can watch qualifying like I habe every week for years on livestream, as well as watch the 4 or 5 weeks that's aren't live on reg tv... But I am concerned with the quality of the stream and didn't want to pay for if the entire service was choppy n not smooth... I have 3 rikus in my house so that's how I would be watching... Any thoughts, what was your experiences the first week?? Thanks in advance
drenmaster
Fantasy
1214th
1/8/2019 11:05pm
Kawi425 wrote:
How is the quality of it all? I am considering giving in and buying the shit just so I can watch qualifying like I habe every...
How is the quality of it all? I am considering giving in and buying the shit just so I can watch qualifying like I habe every week for years on livestream, as well as watch the 4 or 5 weeks that's aren't live on reg tv... But I am concerned with the quality of the stream and didn't want to pay for if the entire service was choppy n not smooth... I have 3 rikus in my house so that's how I would be watching... Any thoughts, what was your experiences the first week?? Thanks in advance
I never had an issue with the stream always has been excellent quality on roku. Its hard to pass up for the price..
MudPup545
1/9/2019 1:43am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2019 2:08am
I used it Sunday afternoon to watch the race. Zero issues. Was able to fast forward and pause. At one point I even stopped the playback to go eat dinner, even shut down the Roku and TV. Was able to pick up right where I left off.

Edit.... okay, I've had some coffee and I'm fully awake now. Sorry, the part about "live" went right over my head. I was on replay. My bad, carry on.

The Shop

MXBREWSKI
1/9/2019 5:51am
Wintyfresh wrote:
Is anyone else using the NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold app on Roku to watch Supercross/Motocross? I'm unable to pause or rewind during the live...
Is anyone else using the NBC Sports or NBC Sports Gold app on Roku to watch Supercross/Motocross? I'm unable to pause or rewind during the live broadcast, which is incredibly annoying. I've either got to watch 100% live or wait until the whole thing's over. The pause/rewind functionality works fine on my PC, so just curious if others are encountering this same problem and if anyone has discovered a fix.
I had the same experience when it is live. The picture quality wasnt the greatest, but that could have been my internet stream issue too. It worked great overall, and I'm glad I got the package. At essentially $7.50 a month it is a deal I think.
1/9/2019 6:02am
Kawi425 wrote:
How is the quality of it all? I am considering giving in and buying the shit just so I can watch qualifying like I habe every...
I've had the gold package the last 2 years and obviously SX last week. I've never had one issue. The picture is HD. I've used ROKU and the fire stick both. Never missed a second of racing.
peltier626
1/9/2019 6:52am
I had a couple during stream loading issues and sometimes sound delays not matching the broadcast. Maybe it's my internets.
slipdog
1/9/2019 8:37am
Every once in a while I have issues with the streams but like BREWSKI I believe it's related to my crappy WiFi service than the Roku or NBC, otherwise, it has worked great the last couple years.
billyp330
1/9/2019 8:43am
I have yet to watch live on my Roku (i just bought it the other day and normally watch races live at my parents) but i have re watched A1 a few times on it and it works great. I also used my pc to watch the outdoors and it worked great. I have shitty internet so my picture quality isnt the best but it is definitely my internet and not the app.
Kawi425
1/9/2019 10:02pm
Right on! Thanks for all the input dudes... Prob gunna go ahead and buy it.. Even though I have NBCSN on my dish... Would really like to be able to watch practice and nothing worse than having to wait til Sunday to watch the replays when they don't show them live sat night!

Post a reply to: NBC Sports / NBC Sports Gold on Roku?

The Latest