NBC Sports Gold questions

G-man
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2020 7:06pm
So I bought the pass for Motocross season last year and I was never able to watch it on the Smart Samsung TV. Laptop and the phone worked fine and I was hoping to be able to cast it to the TV from my phone like I do everything else but it would not work.

Tried doing it on the TV by going to internet and NBC Sports gold app and logging in via the TV remote which is a pain in the ass. But still no success so I just gave up and watched it on a laptop.

So now with the Glendale round being broadcast the next day I'm thinking on buying both packages but want to make sure I can get it on the TV.

Anyone else had these issues that can cast from the phone but not with this app?

I've seen where some of you guys just plug your laptop into the TV and I guess that seems okay but kind of a Mickey Mouse way of doing it especially when you're paying good money for this shit.

Also I have two TVs one upstairs and one downstairs and would like to be able to broadcast from both TV's.

Thanks
|
1/22/2020 1:04pm
Firestick ($40) is flawless for me

Have also used phone cast and smart TV app before with only minor issues
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
1/22/2020 1:10pm
In the garage I cast from my phone to a chromecast. On my main TV i have a firebox with the NBC sports app downloaded to it. Have another TV with a Fire Stick. All work great.

Like above, you are going to have less issues with a device or smart TV that allows you to download a dedicated NBC sports app. Sign in, select the Gold tab and find your SX and MX content.

IF watching on a desktop computer, be sure to turn off any ad blocker software or the stream or replay will never start.
dan45mt
1/23/2020 9:38am
I know that the World Tiddlywinks Championship and Bagladeshi Soccer is more important than Mx or Sx but at least a tape delay on NBC Sports Network would be preferable to having to wait until the next day. All these additional Sports apps, fire sticks, phone casts, turning add blockers off and watching on phone or laptop to transfer to TV is too much for me! I hope that sometime in the near future we can just get these races with either regular TV Networks or at least Cable Networks. I know, dream on.
TXDirt
1/23/2020 9:42am
Get a the FireTv 4K stick and be done with it. It will also pair your audio on the tv so the remote can work everything. It’s great.

Order today and it will be there tomorrow or Saturday in time to setup and watch SX.

The Shop

SPODEBOY
1/23/2020 9:45am
Mine works on my Phone, Laptop, Desktop, Fire Stick.
aeffertz
1/23/2020 9:48am
Download the NBC Sports app directly to your tv and be done. Not the NBC Sports Gold app, that one doesn’t work anymore.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
1/23/2020 10:27am
No issues running the app through Apple TV for the last few years
1/23/2020 10:34am
Works great on my Amazon fire stick, phone and tablet. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can see what others are saying. I can't get it to play at all anymore on PC.
aeffertz
1/23/2020 10:37am
Works great on my Amazon fire stick, phone and tablet. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can see what others are saying. I can't get it...
Works great on my Amazon fire stick, phone and tablet. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can see what others are saying. I can't get it to play at all anymore on PC.
Sounds like a browser/extension issue, not a Windows issue. I’ve been running Win10 for years and have been fine. The only time I had issues was having an AdBlocker extension enabled on the streaming website. It would cause the stream to not load or play correctly.
G-man
1/23/2020 10:38am
dan45mt wrote:
I know that the World Tiddlywinks Championship and Bagladeshi Soccer is more important than Mx or Sx but at least a tape delay on NBC Sports...
I know that the World Tiddlywinks Championship and Bagladeshi Soccer is more important than Mx or Sx but at least a tape delay on NBC Sports Network would be preferable to having to wait until the next day. All these additional Sports apps, fire sticks, phone casts, turning add blockers off and watching on phone or laptop to transfer to TV is too much for me! I hope that sometime in the near future we can just get these races with either regular TV Networks or at least Cable Networks. I know, dream on.
Yep I'm right there with you Dan those of us that are in the 60 + range all this streaming and high-tech gadgetry is a bit foreign to us. Unsure
G-man
1/23/2020 10:43am
TXDirt wrote:
Get a the FireTv 4K stick and be done with it. It will also pair your audio on the tv so the remote can work everything...
Get a the FireTv 4K stick and be done with it. It will also pair your audio on the tv so the remote can work everything. It’s great.

Order today and it will be there tomorrow or Saturday in time to setup and watch SX.
Okay everyone thanks for all the replies so TX dirt if I get this Amazon Fire stick 4K this will help push me off the ledge on pulling the cable plug correct?

I have an extra smart TV and it is not set up to any kind of box in the home so I could just plug in the fire stick and be good to go?

Also what would you guys recommend as far as getting digital antennas to hook to the TV?

These cable bills are killing me every time I call them I threaten to pull the plug the next phone call I make I really want to tell them the f*** off!!! Grinning
Thanks
1/23/2020 11:23am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 11:26am
G-Man,

I discussed the OTA (over the air) free digital cable process in this thread below on page 3. Go plug your coordinates/address in and see if your house is served with channels. If it is you are in luck. Just go buy the cheap antenna I linked on Amazon and install it on your roof pointing in the direction of the broadcast antenna. You will get amazingly sharp free HD channels. It's quite satisfying when you are staring at an amazing HD picture for free other than the cost of your antenna, TV, and electric bill.

Then as other's mentioned just buy a firebox and you will be set with free local news from your antenna and everything else on the firestick. My DirectTV bill was $120/month before I cut the cord. Once you do, you will start watching youtube and learn it's much better than TV ever was. You can watch video content on Moto all day long, or whatever your favorite hobbies are. Go for it.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/NBC-Sports-Gold-is-Magik…

Make sure to scroll down to my post about tvfool.com
TXDirt
1/23/2020 11:55am
TXDirt wrote:
Get a the FireTv 4K stick and be done with it. It will also pair your audio on the tv so the remote can work everything...

G-man wrote:
Okay everyone thanks for all the replies so TX dirt if I get this Amazon Fire stick 4K this will help push me off the ledge...
Okay everyone thanks for all the replies so TX dirt if I get this Amazon Fire stick 4K this will help push me off the ledge on pulling the cable plug correct?

I have an extra smart TV and it is not set up to any kind of box in the home so I could just plug in the fire stick and be good to go?

Also what would you guys recommend as far as getting digital antennas to hook to the TV?

These cable bills are killing me every time I call them I threaten to pull the plug the next phone call I make I really want to tell them the f*** off!!! Grinning
Thanks
Lets walk before you run lol

Just start with the 4k fire TV stick. It's free returns if you don't like it.

Plug it into a TV and get it setup.

The built-in apps on the smart TV's are always going to be more glitchy. This is just a fact for several reasons I won't go into. I have typed them out several times over the last few years.

Start with the 4k fire tv stick. Download the NBC Sports app. Get registered/signed in.

Watch SX on Saturday night.
G-man
1/23/2020 12:24pm
TXDirt wrote:
Lets walk before you run lol Just start with the 4k fire TV stick. It's free returns if you don't like it. Plug it into a...

The built-in apps on the smart TV's are always going to be more glitchy. This is just a fact for several reasons I won't go into. I have typed them out several times over the last few years.

Start with the 4k fire tv stick. Download the NBC Sports app. Get registered/signed in.

Haha okay baby steps I got it just purchased the fire stick 4K from Target for 50 bucks.

Thanks diesel bomber I will probably be ordering that digital antenna as well.

I've got the scissors in hand the cut the cable cord but not going to make any sudden moves just yet!

I think Cox Communication charges 90 bucks for internet what do you guys use?
1/23/2020 12:31pm
TXDirt wrote:
Lets walk before you run lol Just start with the 4k fire TV stick. It's free returns if you don't like it. Plug it into a...

G-man wrote:
Haha okay baby steps I got it just purchased the fire stick 4K from Target for 50 bucks. Thanks diesel bomber I will probably be ordering...
Haha okay baby steps I got it just purchased the fire stick 4K from Target for 50 bucks.

Thanks diesel bomber I will probably be ordering that digital antenna as well.

I've got the scissors in hand the cut the cable cord but not going to make any sudden moves just yet!

I think Cox Communication charges 90 bucks for internet what do you guys use?
The internet connection is the umbilical cord that we will always be stuck with, be it wired, fiber, or wireless. In CA I pay $60/month for a decent internet connection from Spectrum.

Go to this speedtest site and click "Go" and you can compare your results with mine when the test is finished:

www.speedtest.net

dkurtd
1/23/2020 1:49pm
Works great through my phone and casting it to my Samsung and Sony TV. I also sometimes hook my laptop to the TV through a HDMI cable and it also works flawlessly using Google Chrome. Never had any problems either way.
TheRJP
Fantasy
1648th
1/23/2020 2:28pm
The Samsung TV app doesn't work, the PlayStation app doesn't work, browsers on the TV and PlayStation don't work. The only thing that works for me is casting from my phone, which is pretty annoying since it is a work phone. Had I known that the native apps on my TV and PlayStation could not play Sports Gold I likely would not have bought the subscription.
The last few years I had PlayStation Vue (RIP) and it was great.
mxbigd17
1/23/2020 6:09pm
TheRJP wrote:
The Samsung TV app doesn't work, the PlayStation app doesn't work, browsers on the TV and PlayStation don't work. The only thing that works for me...
The Samsung TV app doesn't work, the PlayStation app doesn't work, browsers on the TV and PlayStation don't work. The only thing that works for me is casting from my phone, which is pretty annoying since it is a work phone. Had I known that the native apps on my TV and PlayStation could not play Sports Gold I likely would not have bought the subscription.
You tube Tv is nice, I got it to watch the Supercoss series this year. I was using PS Vue also, but since it’s going away. I thought I would try You tube tv instead. Picture looks awesome, and the app is on the Samsung tv but I think it has to be a 2016 model year or newer.
plowboy
1/23/2020 6:38pm
I have less than zero tech skills but I broke down last weekend and bought the gold. I have a smart tv with Roku. It worked flawlessly which is good because I wouldn't know how to "make it work".
aeffertz
1/23/2020 6:44pm
TheRJP wrote:
The Samsung TV app doesn't work, the PlayStation app doesn't work, browsers on the TV and PlayStation don't work. The only thing that works for me...
Define “doesn’t work”
mxbigd17
1/23/2020 7:10pm
TheRJP wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Define “doesn’t work”
On my Samsung KS8000, the NBC Sports app has been updated but still doesn’t have access to Gold content. It doesn’t even have the spot to sign into the Gold content.
If you know a way to fix this, please help.

aeffertz
1/23/2020 7:25pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
On my Samsung KS8000, the NBC Sports app has been updated but still doesn’t have access to Gold content. It doesn’t even have the spot to...
On my Samsung KS8000, the NBC Sports app has been updated but still doesn’t have access to Gold content. It doesn’t even have the spot to sign into the Gold content.

Hmm. That’s weird. It says DirectTV up in the corner... did you sign into the app with your cable account instead of your Gold account perhaps?
mxbigd17
1/23/2020 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 7:35pm
THERE IS NO GOLD ACCOUNT LOGIN ON THE SAMSUNG TV. It is not there! There is a seperate login for the Gold account that would be under the NBC Sports login area. It is not there. I am logged into the regular NBC Sports app with my directv credentials. Again, there is no Gold login, I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. The app isn’t optimized on the Samsung tv app yet. If it is, let us know.
TheRJP
Fantasy
1648th
1/23/2020 7:34pm
TheRJP wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Define “doesn’t work”
mxbigd17 wrote:
On my Samsung KS8000, the NBC Sports app has been updated but still doesn’t have access to Gold content. It doesn’t even have the spot to...

Yep, same problem with the PS4 app. You can sign in and connect your TV to your account, but when you go to supercross it tells you that you don't have access.
The browser issues are just from them being crappy. PS4 browser just indefinitely loads the race and the Samsung browser makes it 15-30 seconds before it freezes. Casting from a phone or computer is the only way to watch on a Samsung TV without buying another device like a fire stick or roku.
mxbigd17
1/23/2020 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 7:52pm
I ended up buying an Apple TV 4K because the NBC Sports App is optimized on it for the gold content. My PS4 Has the same app version as my tv, it is not optimized for the gold content. I own multiple PS4’s and multiple newer Samsung tv’s,but the latest app update still didn’t grant access to gold content on either of those devices. It sucks, I wish NBC Sports app worked the same on all devices.
BRX-WRX
1/23/2020 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 8:52pm
TheRJP wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Define “doesn’t work”
mxbigd17 wrote:

Sroll down to MY APPS (supercross or motocross) if you have both, click the one you want. The TV uses the NBCSPORTS app. If you use NBCSPORTGOLD you will get a We Have Moved. You may need to type in a new code on your computer or phone if the TV shows a new code? Edit= Click the X top left, shows you are signed in. Then sroll down to My Apps, bottom center arrow .
Bennett
1/23/2020 8:30pm
Here is my current speed on Cox in Omaha, NE. Bill is $97.99/month. 5 people in the household 2 to 3 people online gaming/streaming Youtube constantly. 33 devices connected to the router. Worth it.

Did have a problem last week, though. Both a Roku TV and our Roku Ultra would not load the paid gold SX content. Everything else, other sports, or free MX/SX content would load and play instantly. Had to watch SX on the PC, worked there no problem. The loading screen on the Roku's would go to around 33%, and stop. Tried to resolve it with Roku tech support, but didn't have time, had races to watch!
Bennett
1/23/2020 8:33pm
Just tested the Roku Ultra again. Attempted to play last weekends race, when retrieving, locks up at around 33%. Broken for me.
8tensolutions
1/23/2020 9:41pm
I would suggest an Apple TV. I have had Fire TV also and there is no comparison.
aeffertz
1/23/2020 9:59pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
THERE IS NO GOLD ACCOUNT LOGIN ON THE SAMSUNG TV. It is not there! There is a seperate login for the Gold account that would be...
THERE IS NO GOLD ACCOUNT LOGIN ON THE SAMSUNG TV. It is not there! There is a seperate login for the Gold account that would be under the NBC Sports login area. It is not there. I am logged into the regular NBC Sports app with my directv credentials. Again, there is no Gold login, I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. The app isn’t optimized on the Samsung tv app yet. If it is, let us know.
Don't log in with your directTV credentials...

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold questions

The Latest